Illinois next

I know it's not a look-alike thread, but I'm in a real exciting meeting about House File 802 which tells me that I'm not supposed to teach anything racist or sexist and I'm bored out of my mind. I'm a friggin' math teacher. Seriously.

Anyway, they haven't said anything about fat people, so...

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 8.11.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 8.13.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 8.09.11 AM.png

When I first tried to upload Bert's picture, I got this message.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 8.12.59 AM.png

I know it's not a look-alike thread, but I'm in a real exciting meeting about House File 802 which tells me that I'm not supposed to teach anything racist or sexist and I'm bored out of my mind. I'm a friggin' math teacher. Seriously.
If it makes you feel better I did my concussion course this morning during a work Zoom meeting that I had muted.

View attachment 9343

View attachment 9344

View attachment 9345

View attachment 9346

Nothing against Bielema or anything, I like him even though he left Iowa and found success elsewhere, but can someone explain to me how a man with access to a D-1 training table/dieticians and training facilities that are better than half the countries competing in the Olympics can be as fat as Mangino or Bielema?

Nothing against Bielema or anything, I like him even though he left Iowa and found success elsewhere, but can someone explain to me how a man with access to a D-1 training table/dieticians and training facilities that are better than half the countries competing in the Olympics can be as fat as Mangino or Bielema?
Always wondered that myself. I get that it's in the 99th percentile of stressful jobs and those guys don't have any free time during the day, but they make enough money to pay someone $75K a year to follow them around and meal prep/plan their diet. Wouldn't it just be easier to have all your meals planned out and just show up for you 4 times a day? Have a trainer take 45 mins and come up with a daily treadmill/elliptical program and he could be down to 250 within a year.

I'm sticking with my original prediction, Illinois D Line smothers Petras, Illinois by 10, Bielema eats all of Ferentz boys trick or treat candy by halftime.

Always wondered that myself. I get that it's in the 99th percentile of stressful jobs and those guys don't have any free time during the day, but they make enough money to pay someone $75K a year to follow them around and meal prep/plan their diet. Wouldn't it just be easier to have all your meals planned out and just show up for you 4 times a day? Have a trainer take 45 mins and come up with a daily treadmill/elliptical program and he could be down to 250 within a year.

Pfft, it ain't that stressful. Fields that are actually insanely stressful have very few people over 50 working in them because people die of grabbers or get ordered to quit by their doctor or family.

My biggest issue with it is he needs to be an example for those guys. You don't lead by example when you weigh 350. If your nose tackle comes to camp 25 pounds overweight you can't tell him with a straight face he needs to cut if you have a 45 BMI.

I don't think he would even need to hire someone. There's a giant staff and I'm sure there are plenty of fluffers who could bring him a chicken breast and plate of broccoli four times a day. And he doesn't need cardio, the guy needs to eat better and lift heavy and he will lose 50 pounds in 6 months. If I were him I'd use it as a technique to get the team engaged as well. Dude could get mad respect if he had lifting sessions and he let the team see him physically working his ass off to better himself.

Pfft, it ain't that stressful. Fields that are actually insanely stressful have very few people over 50 working in them because people die of grabbers or get ordered to quit by their doctor or family.

My biggest issue with it is he needs to be an example for those guys. You don't lead by example when you weigh 350. If your nose tackle comes to camp 25 pounds overweight you can't tell him with a straight face he needs to cut if you have a 45 BMI.

I don't think he would even need to hire someone. There's a giant staff and I'm sure there are plenty of fluffers who could bring him a chicken breast and plate of broccoli four times a day. And he doesn't need cardio, the guy needs to eat better and lift heavy and he will lose 50 pounds in 6 months. If I were him I'd use it as a technique to get the team engaged as well. Dude could get mad respect if he had lifting sessions and he let the team see him physically working his ass off to better himself.
Show me a guy making 70k with a wife and kids and a jerk of a boss and you'll see stress. KF....not really...nothing gum can't take care of.

Hard to imagine a worse matchup for Iowa's offense than Illinois. Not only do they lead the nation in fewest points allowed, from their film it appears they bring a minimum of 5-6 defenders on run/pass blitzes almost every play. This is what I've been saying I'd do if I coached defense vs the Hawks for years -- now we're going to see what that looks like. Knowing it's coming, I guess Iowa's offense will have to throw a ton of bubble screens and roll-outs, because otherwise we're looking at the ugliest offensive game since last year's Wisconsin debacle in Madison.
And oh yeah, Wisconsin's defense is also still throwing their 3-5 attacking defense against teams as well -- Illinois in many ways was damn lucky to score as often as they did -- benefitted from a lot of turnovers.

He would have to eat a restrictor plate version of the training table. Those are designed for athletes who consume 8-12k calories a day.

I wonder if he's the type who skips meals, then pigs out late at night? Thats the easiest way to put on excess weight.

He also had some epic battles with the bottle during his bachelor days in Madison. Barry and company had a come to Jesus chat with him around 2008,2009 or so.

There should be a first class fitness center within steps of his office. Many big time college and pro coaches, insanely busy as they are, find a way to get their 45-60 minutes in, even if its at five in the morning.

Bert has no alibi there. He could easily look at video on his tablet while exercising. And he should hire a nutritionist. He's getting to the same age as Tony Sirigusa, Michael Clarke Duncan, baseball umpire John McSherry. He's gotta do it for himself and for others who need him.

View attachment 9343

View attachment 9344

View attachment 9345

View attachment 9346
Probably had to piece multiple photos together to fit all his girth in.

This conversation sure took a turn....

Should be a fun game against 2 evenly (overall, not offense) teams. I haven't seen the locals this excited about Illini football in a long time. Night game/ Orange out. They've tried in the past, but it just didn't work. My Black/Gold might stand out where I'll be sitting which will be a change. They are hoping for 50k, but a lot of Hawk fans.

Lovie didn't leave the cupboard bare. Just not enough to compensate for injuries.

Last edited:
Hard to imagine a worse matchup for Iowa's offense than Illinois. Not only do they lead the nation in fewest points allowed, from their film it appears they bring a minimum of 5-6 defenders on run/pass blitzes almost every play. This is what I've been saying I'd do if I coached defense vs the Hawks for years -- now we're going to see what that looks like. Knowing it's coming, I guess Iowa's offense will have to throw a ton of bubble screens and roll-outs, because otherwise we're looking at the ugliest offensive game since last year's Wisconsin debacle in Madison.
And oh yeah, Wisconsin's defense is also still throwing their 3-5 attacking defense against teams as well -- Illinois in many ways was damn lucky to score as often as they did -- benefitted from a lot of turnovers.
Punt on any down, that should slow down the blitzing....just saying

His wife is a total smoke show for a 37 year old. He’s 52, weighs real close to a quarter ton, and has a face that even a mother couldn’t love.

Wonder what the deal is…
Now I ain't sayin she a gold digger
But she ain't messin with a broke ass coach.

Latest posts