Light in the shorts?

You are not unlike me in that regards, but I think a lot of it is just straight talking out of your ass.
Actually no. I have a lot of coaching experience at various levels (not football). Coaching is a lot of psychology. BF gets a failing grade there.

In re to your 2nd point, since we are "brothers"....

If I can get to the point, you are an extreme non objective...homer. Every team needs some.

Actually no. I have a lot of coaching experience at various levels (not football). Coaching is a lot of psychology. BF gets a failing grade there.

In re to your 2nd point, since we are "brothers"....

If I can get to the point, you are an extreme non objective...homer. Every team needs some.
I remember you once did a punt, pass and kick drill and that's where you learned a lot.

I remember you once did a punt, pass and kick drill and that's where you learned a lot.
I thought you didn't remember???? That was as a 40 something yo adult and it was 47 yards straight through.... simple 2 step. Next day destroyed my knee....to refresh your memory. I also had a Big BB coach as my assistant once. Oh well,.... Also had a Big Football coach's kid on a team and had no idea until the last game. I'd talk on the phone, but as dense as I am I didn't know until then when my assistant told, "there is...."

If I remember right you work with truck drivers. No wonder you are lippy! :)

I thought you didn't remember???? That was as a 40 something yo adult and it was 47 yards straight through.... simple 2 step. Next day destroyed my knee....to refresh your memory. I also had a Big BB coach as my assistant once. Oh well,.... Also had a Big Football coach's kid on a team and had no idea until the last game. I'd talk on the phone, but as dense as I am I didn't know until then when my assistant told, "there is...."

If I remember right you work with truck drivers. No wonder you are lippy! :)
I'm lippy AF, but I just call out dumb shit said on this website, period. It's why we intersect. I'm as big of a homer as you are completely off base on pretty much everything Iowa sports related. Almost every take you have on Hawkeye hoops misses the mark.

It's quite enjoyable having ya around but when I am wrong about something, say stupid shit, or just talk out of my ass, I don't just say "I didn't say that", I'll own it and wear it.

I left transportation but you do have to have a pretty quick lip and strong interpersonal skills to thrive in that type of environment.

I'm lippy AF, but I just call out dumb shit said on this website, period. It's why we intersect. I'm as big of a homer as you are completely off base on pretty much everything Iowa sports related. Almost every take you have on Hawkeye hoops misses the mark.

It's quite enjoyable having ya around but when I am wrong about something, say stupid shit, or just talk out of my ass, I don't just say "I didn't say that", I'll own it .
and wear it.

I left transportation but you do have to have a pretty quick lip and strong interpersonal skills to thrive in that type of environment.
My oldest is currently getting trained as a dispatcher for Foodliner. Time for him to nut up or shut up.

My oldest is currently getting trained as a dispatcher for Foodliner. Time for him to nut up or shut up.
I dispatched for years, it's a high stress job but fulfilling. It's a good time to be in that industry - rates are through to roof for obvious reasons in our current climate.

It's quite enjoyable having ya around but when I am wrong about something, say stupid shit, or just talk out of my ass, I don't just say "I didn't say that", I'll own it and wear it.

We can disagree but at least make sense in your Homer Ness. You don't have to leave your senses to be a Homer. Exactly where do you think I'm off base? At least I' asking. BTW I used to run an ag Chem warehouse and had to dispatch load and stuff.

I do challenge you to go back to the Florida game with CJ and look closely at the hits he took.

Anyone who coaches contact sports knows the last person to decide if they should stay in the game after hard hits is the player. He was hit hard.... a lot. That is when KF lost me completely.

We can disagree but at least make sense in your Homer Ness. You don't have to leave your senses to be a Homer. Exactly where do you think I'm off base? At least I' asking. BTW I used to run an ag Chem warehouse and had to dispatch load and stuff.

I do challenge you to go back to the Florida game with CJ and look closely at the hits he took.

Anyone who coaches contact sports knows the last person to decide if they should stay in the game after hard hits is the player. He was hit hard.... a lot. That is when KF lost me completely.
So, does every coach in America lose you when they play their QB against Iowa? Most don't fare well. Taking hits is part of the gig. If you're healthy and want to play and can physically play through, an athlete is going to want to be on the field 10 out 10 times.

Iowa has looked like trash a lot of years in their OOC - sometimes in all facets, still end up finding a way to compete more years than not.

When something looks like it's going one way, a lot of times it swings back pretty hard the opposite way. That's college sports in a nutshell. It would not shock me to see Iowa lose the next two games, but it wouldn't shock me to see them win them both either and crack the top 25 the first week in October. That would be pretty on brand for this program actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa won out or just dropped the one in Columbus. I would also not be surprised if Iowa lost out or only beat Northwestern.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa won out or just dropped the one in Columbus. I would also not be surprised if Iowa lost out or only beat Northwestern.
i'd be more shocked at the latter - I think Iowa will win 8 to 9 games and be in the West run all season.

Exactly. Iowa could lose 5 or 6 more games, or win 5 or 6 more games. The margin is razor thin for these guys.

Iowa has close to zero real weapons on offense (maybe TE). If they win 8 or 9 it will be pretty impressive, given that. That won't stop the toxic folks on Hawkeyewhiner Nation.

This is one of the reasons why I like to do a ton of outdoor stuff in the fall. I don't like my mood being controlled by 19year olds.

Exactly. Iowa could lose 5 or 6 more games, or win 5 or 6 more games. The margin is razor thin for these guys.

Iowa has close to zero real weapons on offense (maybe TE). If they win 8 or 9 it will be pretty impressive, given that. That won't stop the toxic folks on Hawkeyewhiner Nation.

This is one of the reasons why I like to do a ton of outdoor stuff in the fall. I don't like my mood being controlled by 19year olds.

This is the first weekend I am watching the game bince I ain't got cable or streaming and there's a cat 4 hurricane that looks like it's rolling through Saturday so my son decided he doesn't want to go camping. Thank goodness it's on Fox because that's about the only channel I get OTA, but that's definitely a downside of living on the edge of the mountains.

I used to love watching t-storms roll in when I lived in Iowa and watching the front edge of a significantly weakened hurricane roll in is maybe even better. It starts to smell like the ocean and the rain is super warm and I don't have to worry about it turning into a tornado.

It is always difficult to predict the success for Iowa because they typically play all close games due to their style and philosophy. They play up to the level of some teams and play down to the level of some lesser teams. But, they are always in most every game. Hard to predict.

So, does every coach in America lose you when they play their QB against Iowa? Most don't fare well. Taking hits is part of the gig. If you're healthy and want to play and can physically play through, an athlete is going to want to be on the field 10 out 10 times.
We have a fundamental disagreement in judgment.

We have a fundamental disagreement in judgment.
We do, sending a healthy player out on the field for competition is why our coaches get paid. By your line of thinking every coach in America that plays Iowa is sending their QB out to die and be abused.

We do, sending a healthy player out on the field for competition is why our coaches get paid. By your line of thinking every coach in America that plays Iowa is sending their QB out to die and be abused.
This is where you become an idiot. Go Seahawks!!!!

This is where you become an idiot. Go Seahawks!!!!
No, this is where I call you out for a horrible take - you're line of thinking that Iowa's coaches are putting their players in harms way is the only idiotic thing being discussed.

No, this is where I call you out for a horrible take - you're line of thinking that Iowa's coaches are putting their players in harms way is the only idiotic thing being discussed.
Go back and watch the game. Or what he was throwing A Rob into for starters.