Are Hawk Fans Naïve?

HawkGold

Maybe I'm jaded, having spent a lot of time in Ukraine where corruption is amok. Ukraine is NO fledgling democracy. I also have been in the local circuit court where it rightly gets the nickname circus court.

How do you get from a solid long-term program to maybe a record-setting bad offense?

Kirk is in no way naive to BF's issues. Just no way. When someone talks about his contract being not about the money, you can about rest assured it is mostly about the money.

Somewhere something smells.

Maybe I'm jaded, having spent a lot of time in Ukraine where corruption is amok. Ukraine is NO fledgling democracy. I also have been in the local circuit court where it rightly gets the nickname circus court.

How do you get from a solid long-term program to maybe a record-setting bad offense?

Kirk is in no way naive to BF's issues. Just no way. When someone talks about his contract being not about the money, you can about rest assured it is mostly about the money.

Somewhere something smells.
Kirk is rich. powerful, and has been the same position of power for ten times as long as his average colleague. I think it's a pretty simple answer.

All you have to do is watch yesterday's presser. He said he was staying the course because of Petras' resume and body of work. When presented by several reporters with factual examples of Petras' actual sustained, horrible resume and horrible body of work, he looked right back at them and said, "Yeah, those are good points." [But I'm not going to change my mind because I don't have to, so F you.]

He knows he can do whatever he wants and be as stubborn and obstinate as he wants with zero repercussions. There's also some childish spite in there because he knows the correct and rational thing to do would be to try something different, but he doesn't because it would embarrass him and dent his pride. He's purposely going down with the ship out of spite when he has every opportunity to at least try and right the ship. And with it he's going to take recruiting. Which is sad.

Kirk is rich. powerful, and has been the same position of power for ten times as long as his average colleague. I think it's a pretty simple answer.

All you have to do is watch yesterday's presser. He said he was staying the course because of Petras' resume and body of work. When presented by several reporters with factual examples of Petras' actual sustained, horrible resume and horrible body of work, he looked right back at them and said, "Yeah, those are good points." [But I'm not going to change my mind because I don't have to, so F you.]

He knows he can do whatever he wants and be as stubborn and obstinate as he wants with zero repercussions. There's also some childish spite in there because he knows the correct and rational thing to do would be to try something different, but he doesn't because it would embarrass him and dent his pride. He's purposely going down with the ship out of spite when he has every opportunity to at least try and right the ship. And with it he's going to take recruiting. Which is sad.
Why would he be that stubborn? Yes he's rich. Rich people oft just can't get enough. That can be through competitiveness or through control which can also look like abuse. He is so hard to figure out, but he's in danger of damaging his legacy. But in the end he always seems to morph enough to turn it around. Do you see this turning around this year?

This D is better than last year I think. That helps, but I just can't see the O turning around. Maybe improve...yes, but score enough to keep up with MN, NE, W, Purdue... not really and NW seems to be able to out Ferentz the Ferentz family.

Why would he be that stubborn? Yes he's rich. Rich people oft just can't get enough. That can be through competitiveness or through control which can also look like abuse. He is so hard to figure out, but he's in danger of damaging his legacy. But in the end he always seems to morph enough to turn it around. Do you see this turning around this year?

This D is better than last year I think. That helps, but I just can't see the O turning around. Maybe improve...yes, but score enough to keep up with MN, NE, W, Purdue... not really and NW seems to be able to out Ferentz the Ferentz family.
Hubris (/ˈhjuːbrɪs/; from Ancient Greek ὕβρις (húbris) 'pride, insolence, outrage'),[1] describes a personality quality of extreme or excessive pride[2] or dangerous overconfidence,[3] often in combination with (or synonymous with) arrogance.[4]

I’ve defended Ferentz a lot, but this year I’m starting to really question him.

As coaches age out, they often lose their edge, their work ethic and/or their patience. Paterno and Bowden are examples. Woody Hayes. Bob Knight..

Ferentz needs to retire, but of course he won’t. He’s not thinking logically. It happens. Everyone gets old and reaches the end.

this is gonna be a 4-8 or 5-7 type of team.

I honestly think KF has a difficult time demoting someone who works and has bought into the program/system even though the success may not be there. I generally think Petras is a nice guy, hard worker, stand-up guy and he says all the right things and is a good teammate. I think KF struggles with this to do what he maybe needs to do. That's kind of the nice Grandpa aspect of him, which is nice to see, but he has a responsibility to the university and the fans.

No doubt, it's a tough position.

Last edited:
I honestly think KF has a difficult time demoting someone who works and has bought into the program/system even though the success may not be there. I generally think Petras is a nice guy, hard worker, stand-up guy and he says all the right things and is a good teammate. I think KF struggles with this to do what he maybe needs to do. That's kind of the nice Grampa aspect of him, which is nice to see, but he has a responsibility to the university and the fans.

No doubt, it's a tough position.
I know what the immediate reaction will be, but of note is the Petras' family is likely very well off. CJ's family was very well off and that fiasco does not fit the scenario after the "visit".

I just think fans are way naive.

I know what the immediate reaction will be, but of note is the Petras' family is likely very well off. CJ's family was very well off and that fiasco does not fit the scenario after the "visit".

I just think fans are way naive.
Parents being well off isn’t what’s going on.

Rudock’s parents were more well off than the Petras family, unless you’re going to say that Rudock getting benched was because his parents had slightly less money than the Beathard family.

Parents being well off isn’t what’s going on.

Rudock’s parents were more well off than the Petras family, unless you’re going to say that Rudock getting benched was because his parents had slightly less money than the Beathard family.
Hope you are right. We both know something is off...way off. Maybe Rudock's parents wouldn't play.

Who the hell knows. All we know is that it smells bad. Why we don't know, but one doesn't accomplish good and bad what KF has done by being incredibly simple and that is what a lot of people think is going on. If anything he's not done. What is it then? Not saying I'm right. It just isn't simple as stubbornness. I don't believe that at all. Stubborn? Of course. The main cause? No

Latest posts