Natural Immunity To COVID??

MelroseHawkins

Who else has not EVER had it who thinks they should have gotten it. I have never had it, even though I'm sure I've been exposed doing the youth sports racket during COVID. My wife has never had it either. I just had one of my boys have it in the past couple weeks and none of us in the family (3) ended up getting it. I've been tested multiple times in the past and always negative. I've also had blood test for antibodies twice to see if I've previously had it which also returned neg.

So, is it possible I and others have this natural immunity? I was never doing the optional mask covering during this time.

I have never blown hot nor has anyone in my house. There is a chance I got the OG variant in January 2020 when I did the last cruise that let Chinese onboard and I felt like I was gonna die from pneumonia about a week after I got home, but I took an antibody test and it was clean as a whistle. I have only actually tested for The Germ once, that was right after Christmas 2020 when I spent an hour in a conference room with a colleague who blew hot and I had to get a negative test to go back to work.

I’ve tested positive twice but pretty confident I had it at least one other time. My body in the past (pre-covid) would go through the same cycle like clockwork whenever I’d get the common cold. My throat would get sore, then I’d get congested, then I’d sneeze it out. The first time I got covid it was definitely different than the common cold. It started as an almost unbearable sore throat & then transitioned into body aches. I never got to the point of congestion or sneezing however the body aches lasted about 5 days (about 7 days total between sore throat & body aches). The last time I tested positive for covid was about a month ago and it was weaker that what my past common cold cycle has been. I had a very slight sore throat which was gone within 24 hours. Never got head congestion or body aches or sneezing. If I hadn’t noticed the slight tickle in my throat I would never had known I had it.

Who else has not EVER had it who thinks they should have gotten it. I have never had it, even though I'm sure I've been exposed doing the youth sports racket during COVID. My wife has never had it either. I just had one of my boys have it in the past couple weeks and none of us in the family (3) ended up getting it. I've been tested multiple times in the past and always negative. I've also had blood test for antibodies twice to see if I've previously had it which also returned neg.

So, is it possible I and others have this natural immunity? I was never doing the optional mask covering during this time.

Since you’ve never had covid just curious if you ever get the common cold?

I went until just a few weeks ago when I posted about my smell and taste. Never had so much as a sniffle from Jan '20 when it first blew up until then. Doesn't mean I didn't get it and was just positive/asymptomatic, but I never got sick at all. It was kind of weird because I normally get a cold a couple times a year.

I’ve tested positive twice but pretty confident I had it at least one other time. My body in the past (pre-covid) would go through the same cycle like clockwork whenever I’d get the common cold. My throat would get sore, then I’d get congested, then I’d sneeze it out. The first time I got covid it was definitely different than the common cold. It started as an almost unbearable sore throat & then transitioned into body aches. I never got to the point of congestion or sneezing however the body aches lasted about 5 days (about 7 days total between sore throat & body aches). The last time I tested positive for covid was about a month ago and it was weaker that what my past common cold cycle has been. I had a very slight sore throat which was gone within 24 hours. Never got head congestion or body aches or sneezing. If I hadn’t noticed the slight tickle in my throat I would never had known I had it.
Mine started with body aches, then sore/swollen throat, but the thing that really kicked my ass was the fatigue. For about a week all I wanted to do was sleep. It's wasn't the normal kind of fatigue with a chest cold where you get winded because your lungs are full and breathing is tough...It was just straight up full body fatigue. All day long I felt like I had just run a half marathon and lifted weights for 2 hours. It was crazy.

That and the taste/smell stuff.

Yea I'm certainly not intending this to get political or a shit show. Just interested about the possibility of natural immunity for some people.

Daughter, son, and wife have all had it twice, but not all at the same time (only doubled up once). Also around my students all day every day and rarely wore a mask (very short mandate at our school). I never got it. The key to not getting it is wanting to get it. I would've loved to have gotten it (if it didn't make me too sick).

I would've loved to have gotten it (if it didn't make me too sick).
I thought the same thing until I lost my taste and smell. It's still not right a month later and that part was torture.

I do NOT want to get it again. I can handle the sickness part of it but no taste/smell is a huge mental issue after a couple days that I don't care to navigate again.

Mine started with body aches, then sore/swollen throat, but the thing that really kicked my ass was the fatigue. For about a week all I wanted to do was sleep. It's wasn't the normal kind of fatigue with a chest cold where you get winded because your lungs are full and breathing is tough...It was just straight up full body fatigue. All day long I felt like I had just run a half marathon and lifted weights for 2 hours. It was crazy.

That and the taste/smell stuff.
Mine was the same as far as fatigue being so bad. All of the symptoms other than fatigue and smell only lasted a day or two and wasn't too bad. My fatigue was like nothing I'd ever had.

Daughter, son, and wife have all had it twice, but not all at the same time (only doubled up once). Also around my students all day every day and rarely wore a mask (very short mandate at our school). I never got it. The key to not getting it is wanting to get it. I would've loved to have gotten it (if it didn't make me too sick).
I wanted to get it when my wife and 2 of my kids got it. I even slept in the same bed as her the whole time. Figured I might as well get it over with. Me and my other two kids never got it. I wish I would have too because when I got it later it was bad. I assume it was Delta which was supposedly worse than the first one.

When I got it all four kids got it with me but my wife didn't get it a 2nd time. She was also vaxed. Out of the 6 cases my kids had, only one was as bad as a mild cold. The other five were only caught with tests.

I thought the same thing until I lost my taste and smell. It's still not right a month later and that part was torture.

I do NOT want to get it again. I can handle the sickness part of it but no taste/smell is a huge mental issue after a couple days that I don't care to navigate again.
I totally agree. All of the side effects and danger was something I wouldn't have wanted. With all of those possibilities, plus the chance I could pass it along to my elderly parents, etc. made me worried about getting it. I really didn't want to take a chance getting something serious and I REALLY didn't want to be the one to give it to someone else.

I hope you are getting back to normal with the smell/taste loss and with just getting back to normal with everything else.

I wanted to get it when my wife and 2 of my kids got it. I even slept in the same bed as her the whole time. Figured I might as well get it over with. Me and my other two kids never got it. I wish I would have too because when I got it later it was bad. I assume it was Delta which was supposedly worse than the first one.

When I got it all four kids got it with me but my wife didn't get it a 2nd time. She was also vaxed. Out of the 6 cases my kids had, only one was as bad as a mild cold. The other five were only caught with tests.
I also got vaccinated long after it came out. When my SIL got bronchial cancer, it was a given that I'd get the shot.

I totally agree. All of the side effects and danger was something I wouldn't have wanted. With all of those possibilities, plus the chance I could pass it along to my elderly parents, etc. made me worried about getting it. I really didn't want to take a chance getting something serious and I REALLY didn't want to be the one to give it to someone else.

I hope you are getting back to normal with the smell/taste loss and with just getting back to normal with everything else.
Smell is coming back. It’s not distorted that I can tell, but it’s only about 40% of what it was strength-wise so far.

Taste is weird. I’m ultra sensitive to salt now for some reason, most things taste way over salted even though I know they’re not. If I have to go with unsalted seeds next summer I will; I’m not gonna be on a field without ‘em.

Some tastes are pretty close to normal, some are completely out of whack. Ranch dressing tastes like shit now for some reason, super bitter.

Fruit, on the other hand, is amazing. Tastes exactly like it did before and I can’t get enough. It’s almost like fruit tastes better than before but I’m assuming that’s just a mental thing where my brain says it’s better because everything else is dog shit.

My wife has had it 3 times and my youngest son had it once, but myself and two oldest have never had it despite multiple tests when exposed and before and after my wife and son tested positive. TBH no idea how I've never tested positive, but similar to Okeefe4prez I truly think I had it in early 2020 (late Feb) before it was believed to have been in the U.S.

My wife has had it 3 times and my youngest son had it once, but myself and two oldest have never had it despite multiple tests when exposed and before and after my wife and son tested positive. TBH no idea how I've never tested positive, but similar to Okeefe4prez I truly think I had it in early 2020 (late Feb) before it was believed to have been in the U.S.

This is me. I mean there is no rhyme or reason that I shouldn't have had it by now. I work in a university setting and again, we never really slowed down with youth sports during that time. We were even in filled basketball gyms shoulder to shoulder with people.

Also, I only got the first two vaccinations and no boosters since, if that interest anybody.

Despite working in a giant building full of people on a full time basis since the beginning of the pandemic, I have not tested positive for it. I may have contracted it at some point, but it's hard to tell. I've tested several times, and received 2 vax and 2 boosters. New bivalent omicron/delta booster is out now and I'll likely get that. I have to be at work or it piles up.