All Things Wings Thread

I know it might not be popular but IMO, it's tough to beat The Vines maple hot wings. It's the #1 thing I want as far as food when I get in Iowa City.

This! ^^^^

I miss 25 cent Tuesdays! I religiously went to The Vine in Iowa City with a buddy every Tuesday after work around 2004-2005. Maple Hot is hands down the best tasting wing flavor I've ever had. The Coralville location is nice, but I prefer the rustic green walls and wood panels in the Iowa City location. I still use my straw to drink any remaining sauce after I'm done with the wings when I go there - which is maybe once every couple years these days.

I love either Mickey's or the Wig & Pen's wings.

Most others I feel have gone downhill lately with the wings being really small.

Speaking of wings, does anyone watch Hot Ones on YouTube? My neighbor bought the hot sauce line last year, and we did the 10 wing challenge. I made it through all 10, but had to sit in my recliner for a couple hours regretting my horrible decision, mainly from drinking too much milk. One of my buddies had to lay down on the kitchen floor with a cold towel wrapped around his head after #8 and couldn't finish.

I love either Mickey's or the Wig & Pen's wings.

Most others I feel have gone downhill lately with the wings being really small.

Speaking of wings, does anyone watch Hot Ones on YouTube? My neighbor bought the hot sauce line last year, and we did the 10 wing challenge. I made it through all 10, but had to sit in my recliner for a couple hours regretting my horrible decision, mainly from drinking too much milk. One of my buddies had to lay down on the kitchen floor with a cold towel wrapped around his head after #8 and couldn't finish.
Try the One Chip Challenge. I've done it three times and it's much worse. The number 10 hot sauce on Hot Ones is bad, don't get me wrong, but the One Chip Challenge is pure death.

Try the One Chip Challenge. I've done it three times and it's much worse. The number 10 hot sauce on Hot Ones is bad, don't get me wrong, but the One Chip Challenge is pure death.
Had to Google that. I'm intrigued, and mildly scared, but I kind of want to try it.

This! ^^^^

I miss 25 cent Tuesdays! I religiously went to The Vine in Iowa City with a buddy every Tuesday after work around 2004-2005. Maple Hot is hands down the best tasting wing flavor I've ever had. The Coralville location is nice, but I prefer the rustic green walls and wood panels in the Iowa City location. I still use my straw to drink any remaining sauce after I'm done with the wings when I go there - which is maybe once every couple years these days.
I like the original location best too, parking just blows so I do tend to find myself out at Cville more

Definitely the best pizza in town. All you Pagliai's lovers can shove it! (Nothing like starting a holy war on a Thursday afternoon..)
Agreed.

The only thing with W & P is the atmosphere. 98% chance that at 9 PM on a Saturday, a 67 year old adjunct gender studies prof from the U sits down next to you drinking coffee with her best friend who's a homeless activist in Milwaukee and they spend your entire meal talking about how it's ridiculous that Coralville hasn't made bicycles mandatory for transportation.

I mean, more power to you, but I just wanna enjoy my goddamn pizza and talk to my buddy about the Hawkeye game I just got done watching.

Pagliai's pizza has no flavor. Like not even a little.
Wrong! But I'll try others with an open mind.

Anyone know of if Round Table is still in Iowa City? That was always a finals week go to. Paul Revere's was OK, but budgeted with the poor college student in mind. Sanctuary used to have awesome pizza, always liked Godfathers crust, Rocky Rococo's sauce.

Every freshman who ever lived in the dorms remembers getting that Paul Revere's 20 inch two topping and two liters of soda. In the 1980's you split that three or four ways and you aren't even out five bucks including tip.

Definitely the best pizza in town. All you Pagliai's lovers can shove it! (Nothing like starting a holy war on a Thursday afternoon..)
Pagliai's pizza has no flavor. Like not even a little.

Anyone know of if Round Table is still in Iowa City? That was always a finals week go to. Paul Revere's was OK, but budgeted with the poor college student in mind. Sanctuary used to have awesome pizza, always liked Godfathers crust, Rocky Rococo's sauce.

Every freshman who ever lived in the dorms remembers getting that Paul Revere's 20 inch two topping and two liters of soda. In the 1980's you split that three or four ways and you aren't even out five bucks including tip.
Sorry fellas. Iowa City has some good pizza, but nothing beats Casey’s.

Sanctuary has gone downhill in recent years. Still a great beer selection, but the food is "meh".

I agree on the Godfather's crust. Always liked it. And if you're ever in the Madison area, there are still a handful of Rocky Rococo's up there. I was up there last year for the Iowa game, and had it twice.

Sanctuary has gone downhill in recent years. Still a great beer selection, but the food is "meh".

I agree on the Godfather's crust. Always liked it. And if you're ever in the Madison area, there are still a handful of Rocky Rococo's up there. I was up there last year for the Iowa game, and had it twice.
I'm probably in Madison twenty times a year. And we still get Rocky on occasion but they have a ton of amazing restaurants up there.

Latest posts