Your Bold Predictions for 2022

Prediction #2 offense will suck less. And I’ll learn to “accept the things I cannot change “

I will stick by my 11-3 prediction...however I am drinking the kool aid and it tastes good. Lose to ISU and the kool aid starts tasting like shit and I join the 7-5/6-6 crowd. :)

Great that you get to watch and evaluate practices!

That has been the scuttlebutt that I have heard (BTN crew, some local media). Everything felt so sunny after Kids' Day...the vibe has trended downward since then. But you are right, none of us really know. We'll just have to wait a few weeks and see when it matters. But I am less optimistic now than I was a week ago.

-2 heart attacks
-4 smashed remotes
-15 vows to stop caring and not watching
-1348 curses directed at a certain assistant coach
-1 mediocre bowl game that I will absolutely gear up to watch

Not really bold. Pretty comparable to most seasons I've been a fan. A few extra smashed remotes and a few more vows than normal. Oddly, I think my curses aimed at a certain assistant will be down. Either because I'm now more desensitized or it's possible I think it will be just more headsratching than cursing.

Since my son is a freshman at Iowa, I have someone in the family who's invested directly as a student and not by association, so that will take things up a notch. Which is rare being that I'm not from Iowa or Illinois.

As for true bold predictions.
I waffle. First game. I could see this being a 10-7 aggravating grind or even a dejecting loss. Or also, a pentup release of 57-3 with Padilla throwing for like 3 touchdowns in the second half with a few more backups running for a few more.

A non bold prediction is that we win 24-10 and still have no idea about this team other than they took 4 quarters to beat a team that should have been throttled midway through the second.

-2 heart attacks
-4 smashed remotes
-15 vows to stop caring and not watching
-1348 curses directed at a certain assistant coach
-1 mediocre bowl game that I will absolutely gear up to watch

Not really bold. Pretty comparable to most seasons I've been a fan. A few extra smashed remotes and a few more vows than normal. Oddly, I think my curses aimed at a certain assistant will be down. Either because I'm now more desensitized or it's possible I think it will be just more headsratching than cursing.

Since my son is a freshman at Iowa, I have someone in the family who's invested directly as a student and not by association, so that will take things up a notch. Which is rare being that I'm not from Iowa or Illinois.

As for true bold predictions.
I waffle. First game. I could see this being a 10-7 aggravating grind or even a dejecting loss. Or also, a pentup release of 57-3 with Padilla throwing for like 3 touchdowns in the second half with a few more backups running for a few more.

A non bold prediction is that we win 24-10 and still have no idea about this team other than they took 4 quarters to beat a team that should have been throttled midway through the second.

You may have nailed this. We've seen it before with Iowa teams. Three games in wondering what we have at certain positions.

I predict I'm going to yell out 65 "Fucks!" when watching Iowa games this year.
Only 65?
Hell, I average about 200 during BCS/legit Big 10 title contention/Rose Bowl seasons.
Comprehensive average is probably around 300.
Although, there is an inverse relationship, though. As off years, I tend to find excuses to be 'busy' all Saturday. And then I don't watch the 60 minute replays on Big 10 Network.

It's better for my health that way.

Only 65?
Hell, I average about 200 during BCS/legit Big 10 title contention/Rose Bowl seasons.
Comprehensive average is probably around 300.
Although, there is an inverse relationship, though. As off years, I tend to find excuses to be 'busy' all Saturday. And then I don't watch the 60 minute replays on Big 10 Network.

It's better for my health that way.

Yea, but mine aren't watered down. When I yell them I mean them.

Yea, but mine aren't watered down. When I yell them I mean them.
The "Experts" are not being kind As expected they like the defense and really have nothing good to say about the offense. AP picks us 4th in West behind Wisconsin Purdue and Gophers. Big Ten experts really had trouble saying anything good about the offense'
As much as I hate saying this I think 7-5 with a win over Iowa State may be the best. Ohio State Michigan Wisconsin with road games at Minnesota and Purdue Will be underdog in all.
I just dont see any playmakers on offense. Running backs at this point are pretty much unknown but the 2 Williams are not game breaker types. Maybe one of the freshmen? WR we have a couple of young guys if anyone is healthy and of course a QB who is probably near the bottom of the big Ten. And for sure the slowest.
But the biggest factor might be Young Ferentz and the system!!
Could have one of the better defenses but hard to win if you dont score

On the first play of the season, I predict the Brian will call a zone read to the short side of the field. Kirk will cue the Iowa Band to play "Thanks for the Memories" and we will run an entirely new offense going forward.

Win 4 preseason games
Win one we shouldn’t (osu or mich)
Lose two we shouldn’t (ill & nw)
Split the remaining 2-2 (wis, min, neb, pur)

Finish 7-5 and head to music city bowl

Defense is better but doesn’t have the turnovers as last year.

Offense sucks but Petras throws for 300+ and 4 touchdowns in one conference game that isn’t Rutgers.

Sign Kirk and Brian through the 2045 season. Max deals.
Well 2045? Is that Long! enough? Go Hawks

One of the weirdest things about prognosticating this season is there are many teams where not only are incoming freshman inexperienced with hostile road games, but the entire team is. There are not a lot of ISU or Wisconsin or Nebraska players that have played in Kinnick with fans. Michigan has played in one hostile place last year which they lost (MSU, rough crowd for them) and they don't have a road game before stepping foot into Iowa City. If you didn't have a rough road game last year, you may not even know how your team handles pressure and can they execute in high pressure situations.

Kirk Ferentz will coach an entire game without one stick of gum...................................................... scratch that.................................................let's not get Crazy now!