Your Bold Predictions for 2022

Bold take is that Cooper Dejean really comes on the scene to be returner of the year in the BIG. Between he and Wick they'll have us saying Jones who at the end of end of the year.

We have a few bad bounces and key injuries, somehow slide into the Duke's Mayo Bowl. I go to the game and get my nose broken by a sucker punch in the parking lot and then I get arrested for public intox.

I have that same feeling. I think O will be a little better than last year. How much so I don't know. Hopefully better than 80th? Is that too high of a bar? But regardless 9 wins will be tough. Min, Wisky, Purdue all won't be easy. on top of Michigan and OSU that most think we'll lose. There's an argument to be made that we lose 5 games and still have a significantly better offense then last year. That said how couldn't the O be better? It was beyond bad last year.
Actually Iowa finished at 121 in offense last year.

I have that same feeling. I think O will be a little better than last year. How much so I don't know. Hopefully better than 80th? Is that too high of a bar? But regardless 9 wins will be tough. Min, Wisky, Purdue all won't be easy. on top of Michigan and OSU that most think we'll lose. There's an argument to be made that we lose 5 games and still have a significantly better offense then last year. That said how couldn't the O be better? It was beyond bad last year.
I can see the running game taking some of the pressure off Petras to be the one to win the game. But even if we have a fairly healthy team from beginning to end a repeat of last year will be tough. I think we split between Mich and tOSU, with the usual suspects being a crap shoot, as in Purdue and Wisky. But since the thread is asking for bold predictions, I'll say 11-1. Things just fall into place with an average, serviceable offense and elite defense and special teams.

11-3

Already on the record with an Iowa/Utah Rose Bowl. Lose to OSU twice, one game they get smoked, the other one is competitive. Purdue is the 3rd loss, they will need Petras to win it and he won't be able to do it.

11-3

Already on the record with an Iowa/Utah Rose Bowl. Lose to OSU twice, one game they get smoked, the other one is competitive. Purdue is the 3rd loss, they will need Petras to win it and he won't be able to do it.
Who would you take.....Petras or Kyle McCann.......my answer Brad Banks.

We need someone like ClintonIAFan to give us a game by game breakdown with score predictions showing how we will go undefeated, like he did in 2016.

I just completed my BTen research and predictions for family & friends. Was surprised that I ended up with the Hawks 7-5. I love Iowa's defensive & special teams personnel, so was surprised at that outcome. It's not hard to get there: losses to the 2 teams they lost to last year (Wisky & Purdue) + 2 losses to Michigan & Ohio St. That's 8-4, then I have an upset loss to S.DakotaState, which I admit is unlikely, but this thread is for BOLD predictions, right? I've seen SDSU play UNI and in their playoffs, and they remind me a bit of Purdue, which gets my attention. For fun, I went through last year's schedule and predicted how the '22 Hawks would fare vs that line-up of teams -- and came back with the actual record from last year: 10-2. Just a flat-out tougher schedule this year.

7-5.

The offense has regressed in camp since Kids Day. Not sure how much is due to injuries or QB play.