Howe: 10 Most Indispensable Hawkeyes for '22

Pretty accurate. Crazy to think that punter is 3rd and our starting Qb isn't anywhere near the top 10. I'd put Pottebaum over Petras and not even blink about it

If a team's QB isn't one of its top ten most important players, said team has a serious fucking problem.

And I agree that Petras isn't one of those ten.
I agree. As I was reading this, I was wondering if this was just a ranking of the best players. I was thinking that the QB is one of the most, if not the most important position on the field. I first thought that it's because we're run first or maybe that Petras isn't that good, but I think it may be because there isn't much of a drop off to #2. Still sad, though.

I hope Taylor comes back next year. Maybe he's already said, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

He could easily leave after the season and either get drafted way late or if not he'd be a guaranteed UDFA.

I agree. As I was reading this, I was wondering if this was just a ranking of the best players. I was thinking that the QB is one of the most, if not the most important position on the field. I first thought that it's because we're run first or maybe that Petras isn't that good, but I think it may be because there isn't much of a drop off to #2. Still sad, though.

This is probably the reasoning which can be a bit disconcerting. Iowa would prob not lose a lot of production on the field with the #2 or even #3 in the game. When a team is 120 in the nation in offense, that is not a good sign.

The players noted on the list are perceived as "difference makers". This kind of list should about always include the QB.

I hope Taylor comes back next year. Maybe he's already said, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

He could easily leave after the season and either get drafted way late or if not he'd be a guaranteed UDFA.
That would be nice. The #1 HS punter in the 2024 class is from Mediapolis. His family are huge Hawk fans. ISU has already offered a full ride. It would be nice to have that many years with a great punter.

That would be nice. The #1 HS punter in the 2024 class is from Mediapolis. His family are huge Hawk fans. ISU has already offered a full ride. It would be nice to have that many years with a great punter.
Just googled that. Has Iowa not offered him yet?

Just googled that. Has Iowa not offered him yet?

They might already know he's a lock for them so the recruiting may not be as noticeable. Speculation on my part.

Hell, you know if you go to Iowa, you're going to get a ton of punting opportunities and be viewed on a pedestal!

And, yes, part of my reasoning for not having a QB on there is that, at least based on last season, I don't think either guy is head and shoulders above the other.

I contributed to Taylors NIL and bought a t-shirt that says "Punting is Winning"

I bought it for what I thought was irony. But it has nothing to do with irony.