Preseason Coaches Poll

I've got no problem not being ranked. Polls are dumb and pointless. You don't need to look at it any further than our Hawkeyes this season. Tell me what team that went 10-4 the previous season, won their division, returned their starting QB and on top of that, returned 17 starters and they aren't ranked heading into the next season? Iowa returns 76% of a team that did really well last year. That same program has spent time in the top 25 every single year for the last 7 seasons and finished in it 5 times.

we can't expect people to know shit like what I stated above, but if Iowa isn't in the top 25 this season most of the year, that will be more shocking than the opposite.

Polls suck because most people can't objectively put one together.

I agree. Don't put much into this early.

I suspect the reason Iowa is not showing up is for couple reasons. One is the schedule was viewed to be quite manageable last year along with Iowa's horrific offensive production. That is still a question mark to many. Without Iowa's defense and TO production, they could have been a 7-5 team.

So, I have no problem with Iowa being just on the outside at this point. They can ramp up quite fast if the O shows progression.

As said previously by others and myself over the years, you know how many coaches vote in the coaches poll?

Zee-row.

No college head football coach is gonna take even 30 seconds out of his day to fill out a poll. These things are done by first year video production grad assistants right in between picking up their coach's dog from the groomers and filling up the lemon Gatorade in the player lounge fridge.

Someone voted for Texas in 1st place for god's sake.

As said previously by others and myself over the years, you know how many coaches vote in the AP poll?

Zee-row.

No college head football coach is gonna take even 30 seconds out of his day to fill out a poll. These things are done by first year video production grad assistants right in between picking up their coach's dog from the groomers and filling up the lemon Gatorade in the player lounge fridge.

Someone voted for Texas in 1st place for god's sake.

That's because they HAVE A COACHES POLL blondee!

And we were both in the Navy together at the same place!
No shit? Wow. That's pretty cool. I had a great uncle and my cousin who were both great Navymen. They had a very close relationship, understandably. My great uncle served in the Battle of Midway in the Pacific. I forget the ship he was on. I have complete respect for all our service individuals.