Kadyn Proctor Down to Iowa, Alabama

Also, the non-DSM burb public schools in Central IA from Ottumwa to DSM to Mason City have decided to form their own conference instead of competing directly against the burb schools.
Have they? I've been out of the central IA loop for years now. That sort of thing needed to happen years ago so I'm glad it has. Schools like Hoover and East can't be playing Dowling and Valley with any kind of regularity. That was ridiculous. The gap between those schools is more than any 3A school and a 1 A one.

I remember watching North get 50 pointed in the first half of games over and over and it was just pathetic. I didn't see the point of having those matchups. And that went on for years and years.
I don't think the Catholic schools are as strong as they used to be or able to recruit like they used to. The $$$$ of attending is outrageous anymore so the mere numbers of students is declining at many. Where are they going....................many students are opting to attend the public burb schools. I realize that when they recruit a player, they most likely help with much of the $$$$, but my point is that those schools just don't seem to be on a pedestal like they used to be. Many of these public schools are now able to keep the talent and be quite competitive with quality athletes and depth.

Families that can afford to are always going to flock to live on the outside/burbs of a city and those areas become quite affluent. SEP, Waukee, Ankeny and Liberty High in North Liberty all benefit from this. The families that live in those areas are the families that can often afford to have their children play on youth club/travel/AAU teams and afford to pay for many lessons for various sports. This is why those teams have such an advantage. Also, add into that the quality depth on teams because of that. These teams often have 2 deep players that would start on many other HS teams in the state. When you can bring a 2 or 3 deep player in and not have that much of a fall off, it's such an advantage. Your players can play balls to the walls with that depth and the coach doesn't have to worry about the team getting exhausted. Plug and play, plug and play.

Another huge advantage now that I think about it is the quality of the coaching for these teams. These areas often have ex athletes, many who have played in college, live in these areas/burbs. I grew up in a small town. In a smaller town you would have your teacher/coach who's been there for 30 years coaching along with some random guys to help coordinate and help in practices. In the burb areas, you have these ex collegiate athletes who live and are assistant coaches. The depths of these quality coaches is a huge benefit and the kids get so much instruction. They prepare like college teams. They run their practices like college teams. They run their schemes like college teams. The depth of quality coaching at these schools can't be overlooked. Sometimes there is more of a connection with the athletes and the assistant coaches because they spend more time with their position coaches than the head coach, even in HS at these schools. At many other schools, the connection is with the head coach and the other coaches are just there to help and monitor drills or keep things going.
Private schools should all be in their own conference, period. You wanna recruit kids out of the geographical region and pay their tuition, and spend more money on each sport than most schools’ entire athletics and activies budgets but still play the rest of us? F off. And it’s not just 4A schools. There’s a lot of unbelievably good catholic 1A baseball teams with kids living 40-50 miles away.

Go have your own conference and us public school proles can play you in a saints vs sinners championship game at the end of each sport.

Just the gist of a few WUW podcasts they have discussed, not exactly secret information. They have implied there is a group that has come forward implying that the NIL would be there for Proctor. They are pretty close to a lot of players in the program and coaches, but they might be full of shit.
Wouldn’t surprise me. We need donors to do as much of that as possible. If you can’t beat ‘em you gotta join ‘em.

Private schools should all be in their own conference, period. You wanna recruit kids out of the geographical region and pay their tuition, and spend more money on each sport than most schools’ entire athletics and activies budgets but still play the rest of us? F off. And it’s not just 4A schools. There’s a lot of unbelievably good catholic 1A baseball teams with kids living 40-50 miles away.

Go have your own conference and us public school proles can play you in a saints vs sinners championship game at the end of each sport.
While this true, there is a ton of non-private poaching going on.

Up in my original neck of the woods, Clear Lake has poached Mason City kids for years.
Publicly they say "academics" Beneath the surface, it's "athletics"

Even my hometown of Hampton (prior to merging) poached the best CAL kids to play sports at Hampton.

I'm sure they aren't going anywhere but yeah didn't SEP have a RB that left them for Dowling a few yrs ago I forget his name. SEP Ankeny Urbandale Waukee all those burbs used to lose a stud or 2 to the recruiting of Dowling. But maybe some of these kids aren't doing that anymore. There's just more talent I think too. Let's not sell central Iowa short. There's a boat load of D1 talent being churned out. Case in point ISU is getting some now mostly because Iowa can't take em all
RB was Gavin Williams

As an admin, can you change the settings so I can like this a million times?

Had an all state catcher get 2 letters from a Catholic school a few years ago and an all conference pitcher about 25 years ago got one from the same school, which is about 40 miles away. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that those are the only 3 letters they've sent out in the last 25 years. Played that school in basketball several years ago. The programs they handed out had their height, position, uniform number, and hometown, like they were advertising to parents of players from opposing teams that you don't have to live next door to go to school there. They've won state in baseball recently and have won a lot of wrestling championships. I know of 2 coaches from neighboring districts that send their kids there to play sports (different than the ones that they coach).

A huge problem with the 1A parochial schools is that they don't have to report students that pay their own tuition, so some of these schools may be double the size of their reported enrollment. For example, IC Regina went from a 2A school to a 1A school to an A school within a few years, and it's very well known around the state that they take full advantage of this rule that makes no sense at all. Think of the kids these schools have robbed of state championships, including 2 of my teams. My kids/parents wanted to get "Public School State Champions" t-shirts.

Blake Larsen
Yeah he was at SEP for a real short time. Family had a talk with the SEP head baseball coach at the time. Decided Dowling would be a better fit. This was according to the head coach who had addressed the team about it. My son was a Sr on the baseball team at that time.