Iowa ranks #1 in traditions

Yes and walked the battlefield. Also Gettysburg is beyond words.
I've always wanted to go to Gettysburg... I live 30 mins from Shiloh TN and it's where a pretty large early battle of the civil war was had. It's just a different feel about visiting places like that.

That drive down into downtown Peoria on Business I-74 is spectacular, especially at dusk and especially down the long hill from the north.

Their downtown reminds me a bit of Cedar Rapids only Peoria's ADM plant is on the west edge of downtown and not out in the boonies.

A truly spectacular view is coming into downtown Minneapolis on I-35 West at dusk on a summer evening with the twilight reflecting off the skyscrapers.
We see that view coming down our hill into town every night. The I-74 bridge is lit up with lights that change color depending on the season. The ADM plant here in Peoria blew up several weeks ago.

We see that view coming down our hill into town every night. The I-74 bridge is lit up with lights that change color depending on the season. The ADM plant here in Peoria blew up several weeks ago.
Check out sometime the new I-74 bridges near the Quad Cities. They light up at night and are truly grand new landmarks.

Wait, what? The ADM plant in Peoria blew up? What did it make?

Anyone know if the Iowa band still goes bar hopping on the night before home games?

THAT was a tradition. They would visit maybe 8-10 bars, play the fight songs, lewd versions of other school's fight songs (Hail to your fournicators, etc. is a classic and a half). And, of course, get a free draw in a plastic cup when they were done.

It wasn't just downtown bars. They always hit a couple of the dives on the edge of the campus near the Hamburg Inn amd Pagliai's Pizza like Tuck's and Magoo's. When they walked that narrow passage between Van Allen and Seashore halls to get to Linn Street the acoustics were fucking amazing.

It is not the Iowa band - it is a random group of students who all happen to know all of the Iowa songs, have instruments, and know how to play them - but are in no way associated with the Iowa band... :)

Yes it still exists and as far as I know has been going strong for well over 50? years now. I know for sure 40ish.

Political statements do Not belong here.
I understand where that may veer toward "political" for some, but I site no party or movement. The University administration "no fun" club started with the crack down around Kinnick in the early 2000s. The beer band was an obvious next step.

This is the University administration's move...not a politlcal party's. People asked what happened to the beer band, my response was completely accurate.

That said, I'll delete the OP if you wish.

I understand where that may veer toward "political" for some, but I site no party or movement. The University administration "no fun" club started with the crack down around Kinnick in the early 2000s. The beer band was an obvious next step.

This is the University administration's move...not a politlcal party's. People asked what happened to the beer band, my response was completely accurate.

That said, I'll delete the OP if you wish.
No need. I understand your comments.

The crack down against beer band goes back way before the 2000s. I don't know how far back - but even in the early 90s we knew that when we were out at beer band we were not representing the band in any way shape or form. Hell, they even asked the director to go out and try to catch us which of course he didn't actually want to do, so he would just pick one bar that we normally went to and wait in an obvious spot and the band avoided that location for that particular night.