Speraw retiring

The incident with Horner and North Dakota when he was an assistant there might hurt his chances. I don't know that, but it could.

Oliver would be my first call. Probably need to make him lead assistant and perhaps add a title like associate head coach. He's the most experienced of the trio with Horner and Gatens, and he knows Iowa and the Big Ten from a scouting and recruiting standpoint.

Fran also has a lot of pre-Iowa connections. He could have someone in mind outside the Hawkeye family.
I would hope not in the sense that what happened there was a team was playing hard to the whistle even though they were down by a lot and game was over. Fran was who didn't like it and waved his team to leave the floor and not shake hands if I remember right. I don't think Horner as an assistant had anything to do with the heatedness of that game and decision making at the end that'd would have been on Jones the HC.

Oliver would be great I'm sick of seeing him in red over there with the enemy. I just think his next move will be for an HC job. Without him having ties to Fran I just doubt he'd make that move but I could be wrong.

If it's not either of them or Gatens I bet it'll be someone from his Sienna/Greensboro days. He's got lots of ties with guys all over the place. I'm sure he's got a boat load of emails/resumes of guys already reaching out to him about it. It'll be an interesting hire.

I thought I remembered an exchange between Horner and Fran after the game. I just found it.

Again, I'm not saying it would impact anything here. I'm just saying it could. I don't know.

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 8.20.23 AM.png

I thought I remembered an exchange between Horner and Fran after the game. I just found it.

Again, I'm not saying it would impact anything here. I'm just saying it could. I don't know.

View attachment 9001
Interesting. Fran doesn't seem to be a guy that takes stuff like that personal though. Frans competitive too he of all people gets that. So long as there wasn't any excessive cussing/name calling and stuff like that it is what it is. Once everyone is showered and cooled down afterwards it's moved on from. Not to mention it was quite awhile ago I wouldn't have remembered it had you not mentioned it that's for sure.

I'm a little surprised they haven't announced a new hire for this opening yet. I realize it's only been about 3 weeks, but I figured they'd have someone in place by now and hitting the recruiting trail.

Why would Iowa pay Connor when it can get his coaching services for the mere price of free tuition? Come on, its the NCAA. We only pay the adults!
Not every HC out there takes the KF page out of their playbooks on hiring. That said I'd probably want Connor as an AC rather then BF

I'm a little surprised they haven't announced a new hire for this opening yet. I realize it's only been about 3 weeks, but I figured they'd have someone in place by now and hitting the recruiting trail.
My guess is they have made the hire and just not announced it. Unless Fran has been too busy jet setting all over recruiting watching AAU games and or vacationing, I would think he'd have done this by now too. This time of year there's just no urgency to announce it so who knows.