'24 Williamsburg LB Derek Weisskopf a Rising Recruit

I like to hear about Williamsburg kids getting offers, but not when they say stuff like this:

"Despite living 30 miles west of Iowa City, Weisskopf doesn't favor the Hawkeyes.

"I didn't grow up an Iowa fan. I'm an Iowa state fan, but I do cheer for the Hawkeyes a lot," he said."

I wonder if with the Big 8 shakeup guys like this aren't even considering Clown U.

I like to hear about Williamsburg kids getting offers, but not when they say stuff like this:

"Despite living 30 miles west of Iowa City, Weisskopf doesn't favor the Hawkeyes.

"I didn't grow up an Iowa fan. I'm an Iowa state fan, but I do cheer for the Hawkeyes a lot," he said."

I wonder if with the Big 8 shakeup guys like this aren't even considering Clown U.

It's All Good Now

:cool:

It's All Good Now

:cool:

Hell yeah. Glad to have this guy on board. I'm hearing talk that if he plays outside he will be better than Lawrence Taylor and if he decides to play inside he will be better than Junior Seau. Chatter I've heard has him listed among some greats. Can't wait to see him on the field.

I believe Wisconsin was his first P5 offer. Their ability to find and identify LBs is pretty good. The fact they offered early, during his sophmore year, speaks to how talented this kid is. This is real solid pick up, IMO.

Looks like he'll have to put on some weight to play LB. But he sounds athletic as all get out. Multi sport kid love to see it. Even if he ends up being a big safety/cash guy that's a pretty huge role to have on the D nowadays too. Keep the studs in state

This kid can really ball too, had to be a tough decision to give up one of them. High jumped 6'9, has a picture perfect jump shot. Any chance he tries both?