Aidan Shaw re-opens his recruitment

There's certainly a possibility Connor could walk on. He did so his first year to make room for Nunge and Garza. He was the first one committed in the class.

And walk-ons do not get all of the perks provided to Scholarship players. But I'm not sure that would be a big deal to CM.

Isn't this primarily housing and meals? IIRC JBo lived off campus so this probably isn't a big deal at all.

I'd have lost a bet on that... Not that I thought we'd necessarily get him but I didn't figure he'd end up staying at Mizzu. Figured that was off the table hence him looking around to start with. Oh well tough to get too bent out of shape over something we never had a chance at anyway. Moving on how about that Utah kid sounds like he's going to visit sometime soon

We can never just win, can we?
Why would we? The Iowa football product has had reasonable success but is frankly difficult to watch most of the time. Add in getting our asses blown away when we played UM when it mattered doesn’t exactly signal that this program is ready to turn the corner beyond 4 losses per season and a trip to the Outback Bowl every 2 of 3 years. And that’ll never change with KF at the helm. It just is what it is.

I'd have lost a bet on that... Not that I thought we'd necessarily get him but I didn't figure he'd end up staying at Mizzu. Figured that was off the table hence him looking around to start with. Oh well tough to get too bent out of shape over something we never had a chance at anyway. Moving on how about that Utah kid sounds like he's going to visit sometime soon

It's all changed now. Now I see players will get into the portal at the end of the season just to see what offers may come. And if not, Ok, I'll stay. It's a shit show and this NIL and transferring need to be regulated to a point. Set some guidelines. This is just free agency at this point for all.

It's all changed now. Now I see players will get into the portal at the end of the season just to see what offers may come. And if not, Ok, I'll stay. It's a shit show and this NIL and transferring need to be regulated to a point. Set some guidelines. This is just free agency at this point for all.
Well the way I understand things is NIL isn't to be regulated by the NCAA schools or coaches. That's the whole point and how our laws are. What they can do is set timelines for when kids can hop in and out of portals. They could put limits on a players eligibility to play based on timing of when they do it I suppose. A football player can't transfer at the end of camp in August and still be eligible to play week 1 or at all that season for another school for example.

But in regards to the $ aspect of it if a 3rd party wants to come to an agreement with an athlete that just so happens to be a student too then the amount of $ is what it is and I'm not sure to what extent they are obligated to disclose what those deals are for. Be it to the schools or publicly. Anybody know what Caitlyn Clark is getting from HyVee? I haven't heard just a lot of people guessing. So how can they (the NCAA) cherry pick any kidd(s) to make some public and some not? Let alone regulate (and by regulate they mean limit) what kids can make