Honestly...how did the Clowns even make the field?

They’re still trying to figure out how the toughest conference in the country only got 6 teams in and they’re not a 7 seed.

The one I’m genuinely confused by is Michigan but that’s just me
Ditto on Mich, also IU should have been beyond the play in game with ISU there instead. That year Iowa played just AWFUL entering the Dance and had to do the First Four game. ISU with a similar entry path, bad basketball....yet gets rewarded with no play in and a virtual home game in the first round.

Ditto on Mich, also IU should have been beyond the play in game with ISU there instead. That year Iowa played just AWFUL entering the Dance and had to do the First Four game. ISU with a similar entry path, bad basketball....yet gets rewarded with no play in and a virtual home game in the first round.

ISU and Indiana had close to the same overall record (20-12 for ISU, 20-13 for Indiana) but ISU had an SOS of 11 to Indiana's 38. ISU had a 9-8 record in Q1 games to Indiana's 4-8.

I think ISU's resume is significantly better than Indiana's.

ISU and Indiana had close to the same overall record (20-12 for ISU, 20-13 for Indiana) but ISU had an SOS of 11 to Indiana's 38. ISU had a 9-8 record in Q1 games to Indiana's 4-8.

This.

Funny, nobody, I mean nobody thought either Iowa or Iowa St. would be in this position at the end. Enjoy it.

The Big 12 got a lot of love from the committee with their seedings.

They will soon get the opportunity to justify it.

Last edited:

Hardly significantly better. SOS means squat if you get blown out all the time.
Clowns did nothing since mid-January.

Speaking of life from Jan 1st to season's end.........

8-12 ISU since Jan 1
16-6 UI since Jan 1

I think we all learned a bit more about how far Quad 1 wins can carry you if there's little else to report to the jury.

8-12 ISU since Jan 1
16-6 UI since Jan 1

I think we all learned a bit more about how far Quad 1 wins can carry you if there's little else to report to the jury.
I think ISU is VERY lucky the season ended when it did. One more bad loss and they are on the outside looking in.

8-12 ISU since Jan 1
16-6 UI since Jan 1

Exactly, they carry a lot of water. ISU made the tourney despite some bad stretches of basketball, some blowouts, etc. They did their work early by getting 5 Q1 wins in the noncon which allowed them a lot of leeway once conference play started. I think we knew Q1 wins would be factored heavily once the committee released their initial top 16 and Houston wasn't in it.

Latest posts