Omicron Covid

Some people enjoy being sheep, enjoy being told what to do, enjoy having fear instilled in them, enjoy expecting the worst case scenario to unfold.

That same mentality kept us mired in the Great Depression longer than we needed to be. That same mentality caused some to go batshit when listening to the War Of The World's radio program. Even though they knew it wasn't true and they could see that it wasn't true, some still panicked because a decade of being constantly told to panic had made them gullible to almost anything.
You probably should not argue that others are gullible when your picture is next to that word in the dictionary. Thanks.

Even if co-morbidity contributed to the death of a Covid patient, Covid still killed them. You have been told all along that, yes, some people are more likely to die from Covid due to co-morbidity. Your faulty logic is astounding.
Your reaction to the number of deaths in the US alone speaks to your concern for human life.
BTW, Fauci has said from the beginning that we will always be battling the next virus. But I guess you are too busy watching right wing nut job media to follow the facts.
No, no NO!!! Co-morbity did NOT contribute to the deaths of Covid patients. Other way around. Many who died from it were obese, severely diabetic, and had heart or lung conditions from a lifetime of abusing their bodies in other ways.

And throwing a cheap shot in there such as my concern for human life is unforgivable. What about the hundreds of thousands of mentally ill and our children who are being altered by unnecessary masking and remote learning. Where is the concern for that aspect of human life?

You probably should not argue that others are gullible when your picture is next to that word in the dictionary. Thanks.
This government can control a lot but it cannot control my mind or my freedom. And it never will.

I learned all about the depression from people who lived it. Don't tell me that by the end of the decade they weren't brainwashed into believing anything.

It never has, especially from Omicron. What being vaxxed does is lessen the chance of a hospital stay or worse.

The Rachel Maddows of the world who said that being vaxxed would stop the spread. She was wrong.

I'm not an authority by any means, but as it's turned out neither is Fauci. Mother Nature is the ultimate authority. Again.
I would only remind you that saying something does not make it so. And the attacks on Fauci have been laced with right wing media lies. You might want to look back at his progression and the progression of those who are legit research scientists as we have battled Covid. But, you seem to be one who is easily confused by facts.

BTW. RM is so much smarter than either of us that you should find a different person to attack.

No, no NO!!! Co-morbity did NOT contribute to the deaths of Covid patients. Other way around. Many who died from it were obese, severely diabetic, and had heart or lung conditions from a lifetime of abusing their bodies in other ways.

And throwing a cheap shot in there such as my concern for human life is unforgivable. What about the hundreds of thousands of mentally ill and our children who are being altered by unnecessary masking and remote learning. Where is the concern for that aspect of human life?
You made the statement about the deaths of many. Own it.
“Other way around.” Really? Wow. News flash. People “abuse” their bodies for a variety of reasons. People in my generation smoked because they had no clue it was dangerous. Just one of many examples. I would also suggest that masking and remote learning are not some psychological disaster. My grandkids have great parents and they are fine. Ever watch the drills of necessity in case of mass murder in the schools? Now. That, my friend, is a psychological disaster. Hey. Just explain to them that the 2nd Amendment makes the rules. OK.

Last edited:
I would only remind you that saying something does not make it so. And the attacks on Fauci have been laced with right wing media lies. You might want to look back at his progression and the progression of those who are legit research scientists as we have battled Covid. But, you seem to be one who is easily confused by facts.

BTW. RM is so much smarter than either of us that you should find a different person to attack.
I like Rachel. But don't often agree with her. She took a leave from her show, is she back?

Don't even get me started on Fauci. Please. Enjoy the basketball game and have a great day. I don't devolve threads. I've made my point and you don't agree with it and that's fine.

You are sadly blind to the facts. I am absolutely stunned that you think you know more than Anthony Fauci. Your credibility is very, very low. Sorry..
Never stated I know more the fauci. I have the cognitive ability to think and make decisions for myself. If one has looked to Anthony fauci for advice after the 6th month into this pandemic then I would question their cognitive ability and those are the people I refer to as sheep.

Last edited:
“Other way around.” Really? Wow. News flash. People “abuse” their bodies for a variety of reasons. People in my generation smoked because they had no clue it was dangerous. Just one of many examples. I would also suggest that masking and remote learning are not some psychological disaster. My grandkids have great parents and they are fine. Ever watch the drills of necessity in case of mass murder in the schools? Now. That, my friend, is a psychological disaster. Hey. Just explain to them that the 2nd Amendment makes the rules. OK.
So what you’re saying is your generation flat out lacked common sense? Must be why you struggle so much w/ those who have it.

Nothing scares mass murderers more than gun laws. Some laws are too scary to break...

Never stated I know more the fauci. I have the cognitive ability to think and make decisions for myself. If one has looked to Anthony fauci’s advice after the 6th month into this pandemic then I would question their cognitive ability and those are the people I refer to as sheep.
Fauci is smarter than all of us. But smart people lie for political reasons too.

Nothing scares mass murderers more than gun laws. Some laws are too scary to break...
Yes, agreed. Most school shooters have rap sheets and/or mental issues from here to Timbuktu.

They should have been locked up long before they had the chance to shoot up the schools. Better yet allow school administrators to start packing. Murderers want to play, let's play with a level field. Meet a coward school shooter at the front door with your own gun and you will never see a school shot up again. Why the F do people think lunatics target schools in the first place?

Never stated I know more the fauci. I have the cognitive ability to think and make decisions for myself. If one has looked to Anthony fauci’s advice after the 6th month into this pandemic then I would question their cognitive ability and those are the people I refer to as sheep.
Your claim of cognitive ability may well be correct. But your comments about Fauci don’t support your claim. You have become a sheep, herded by Fox News and other right wing conspiracy theorists. Good God. They are still having nightmares about Hillary. Ha Ha!

I like Rachel. But don't often agree with her. She took a leave from her show, is she back?

Don't even get me started on Fauci. Please. Enjoy the basketball game and have a great day. I don't devolve threads. I've made my point and you don't agree with it and that's fine.
Sounds good. Good game so far. Iowa up a couple at the half. 14 offensive rebounds for the Hawks!

Personally, I, at my age, can't afford to catch the virus

Have all the shots, Booster included

And still wear a mask at Hy-Vee, Target, and on occasion, especially at Walmart

Doesn't bother me a bit

Nobody has even given me a dirty look anywhere

I carry myself in a certain manner

It's All Good

Doesn't bother me a bit

It's All Good
That is precisely what I do.
It's the peragative of each individual to have the choice to decide. I got my booster in January. I get a flu shot every fall.

I generally stopped wearing masks in public but will politely do so if asked, even if i think it's unnecessary. We're flying to tropical paradise at the end of April and there's no way airlines will have dropped mask requirements by then. But Dane County is supposed to be dropping indoor requirements the first week of March.

Just got back from a wedding in the Twin cities and a couple relatives of the married couple refused to attend because bride and groom asked for people to be vaxxed. That's sad. I know people who refuse to fly because of mask requirements.. thats sadder,, I can put up with a mask on a three hour flight.

Doesn't bother me a bit

It's All Good
This is a great attitude. I have a similar attitude however my life situation is completely different which is the main reason my reaction to this virus is not similar. As long as we can all do what we feel is best for ourselves I’m all good w/ it. It’s when lunatics try forcing me to inject a substance into my body is when I get incredibly defensive. There are many people that have benefited from the vaccines and that is a good thing.

It's the peragative of each individual to have the choice to decide. I got my booster in January. I get a flu shot every fall.

I generally stopped wearing masks in public but will politely do so if asked, even if i think it's unnecessary. We're flying to tropical paradise at the end of April and there's no way airlines will have dropped mask requirements by then. But Dane County is supposed to be dropping indoor requirements the first week of March.

Just got back from a wedding in the Twin cities and a couple relatives of the married couple refused to attend because bride and groom asked for people to be vaxxed. That's sad. I know people who refuse to fly because of mask requirements.. thats sadder,, I can put up with a mask on a three hour flight.
Why is it sad if one makes a choice not to attend someone’s wedding if the people getting married are forcing attendees to get something they don’t want??!! The people getting married should EXPECT there may be people invited that choose not to attend simply for that very reason. My wife and I would for sure be one of those who would choose not to attend and I would certify not hold anything against that couple getting married. No one is in the wrong either way. Btw I have no problems wearing a mask on a flight. Now I think it’s ridiculous but I’m not going to whine about it.