Cell Phone Plan Thread.

MelroseHawkins

Ok. I'm sick and tired of taking it up the azz from the mainstream cell phone companies that have a stranglehold on the area. See US Cellular, Verizon, etc..

Anybody use any of those off-bread companies (MVNO plan)? I am looking at Visible which is ran by Verizon and obviously uses their network. My home would be included in their 5G area. I am willing to live with a little slower speeds if can save a significant amount of $$. Visible offers one simple plan and price includes all taxes and fees. No hidden fees which I like. Simple! I just want unlimited call and data which this offers. Anybody using Visible? Your experience or thoughts?

Any other companies out there use use or have good luck with?

Ok. I'm sick and tired of taking it up the azz from the mainstream cell phone companies that have a stranglehold on the area. See US Cellular, Verizon, etc..

Anybody use any of those off-bread companies (MVNO plan)? I am looking at Visible which is ran by Verizon and obviously uses their network. My home would be included in their 5G area. I am willing to live with a little slower speeds if can save a significant amount of $$. Visible offers one simple plan and price includes all taxes and fees. No hidden fees which I like. Simple! I just want unlimited call and data which this offers. Anybody using Visible? Your experience or thoughts?

Any other companies out there use use or have good luck with?
I haven't my self, but my best friend has his two daughters, 12 and 14 years old, on Visible. It's way cheaper, but it's BYOD so there's no insurance, etc. and you always have to pay full price up front any time you get a new or different phone. I typically wait until there's some sort of promo to get a big discount on a phone from Verizon, so remember there's none of that.

The only thing they hate about it is the throttling. Visible runs on the Verizon network and prioritizes its own customers, so you'll get throttled on a busy network. According to my friend, his daughter's phones are pretty useless data-wise when they're in say Sioux Falls or Sioux City a lot of the time. Basically any place it's busy. He doesn't care about his kids being able to use data, so it works for them. They aren't 5G so I don't know how much benefit there is for that.

I haven't my self, but my best friend has his two daughters, 12 and 14 years old, on Visible. It's way cheaper, but it's BYOD so there's no insurance, etc. and you always have to pay full price up front any time you get a new or different phone. I typically wait until there's some sort of promo to get a big discount on a phone from Verizon, so remember there's none of that.

The only thing they hate about it is the throttling. Visible runs on the Verizon network and prioritizes its own customers, so you'll get throttled on a busy network. According to my friend, his daughter's phones are pretty useless data-wise when they're in say Sioux Falls or Sioux City a lot of the time. Basically any place it's busy. He doesn't care about his kids being able to use data, so it works for them. They aren't 5G so I don't know how much benefit there is for that.

Their site had phones for a monthly charge. Like a Google Pix6 was $25 a mo quoted. Some I-phones for $37 a month, etc.. They might have changed that. The one concern is no brick and morter stores for customer service, but, I read their app and customer services is pretty good.

Yea, I knew there was some throttling for congestion but I'm not into streaming Netflix on it or anything. I have the patience to wait an extra 12 seconds, I guess. There is no contract so I guess could always try it.

Last edited:
I moved form Verizon to US Mobile. I have 12 GB data unlimited talk/text for $25 total per line. This MVNO uses Verizon's network which I need in NE Iowa/ SW Wisconsin for trout fishing. Seamless transition. I was paying $77 for two lines with 2GB data for both lines and military discount. It's worth checking out.

I moved form Verizon to US Mobile. I have 12 GB data unlimited talk/text for $25 total per line. This MVNO uses Verizon's network which I need in NE Iowa/ SW Wisconsin for trout fishing. Seamless transition. I was paying $77 for two lines with 2GB data for both lines and military discount. It's worth checking out.

Thank you.......................and more importantly, THANK YOU for serving our country!

So you're not getting throttled during peak times too bad?

Obviously, this is how the MVNO's keep the plans affordable for a select group, those who use their phone a bit differently or live in an area that where the throttling might not be so bad. I suppose it depends on the market one lives.

So you're not getting throttled during peak times too bad?

Obviously, this is how the MVNO's keep the plans affordable for a select group, those who use their phone a bit differently or live in an area that where the throttling might not be so bad. I suppose it depends on the market one lives.

I have not had any difference in speed or coverage in any areas I have been in Iowa,Ill or WI. Will check out 5G in March in San Francisco.

Last edited: