Iowa vs Rutgers Stats

MelroseHawkins

Again, Iowa took a loss and got out-rebounded by Rutgers by 11. There's the game. Also, Iowa only went to the line 11 times which is really under how many times they usually go to the FT line. They also shot a paltry 54% at the line, but again, only went 11 times which is more telling than the 54% with such few attempts.

What was surprising for me is that Rutgers had 10 blocked shots against Iowa, 10? I don't recall that many. Iowa had 5 blocked shots. The last several stats are relatively close. This game came down to a crappy shooting % at 27.9% and rebounding, giving up those extra possessions.

To me, Iowa's wins and losses have a direct correlation to the rebounding stat. Will watch this theory further as games are played.

Again, Iowa took a loss and got out-rebounded by Rutgers by 11. There's the game. Also, Iowa only went to the line 11 times which is really under how many times they usually go to the FT line. They also shot a paltry 54% at the line, but again, only went 11 times which is more telling than the 54% with such few attempts.

What was surprising for me is that Rutgers had 10 blocked shots against Iowa, 10? I don't recall that many. Iowa had 5 blocked shots. The last several stats are relatively close. This game came down to a crappy shooting % at 27.9% and rebounding, giving up those extra possessions.

To me, Iowa's wins and losses have a direct correlation to the rebounding stat. Will watch this theory further as games are played.

The Little One would have made all the difference.....

1642702658957.png

I have never seen a team shoot as many air-balls as Iowa did last night. Unbelievably poor shooting night.

JBo now holds another Iowa record....Air Balls in a game. Congrats JBo!

Just think, another few years of eligibility and you may be able to lead Iowa / B1G in every statistical shooting category.

Believe it or not, defensive rebounds play a statistically significant role in wins while offensive rebounds do not.

Believe it or not, defensive rebounds play a statistically significant role in wins while offensive rebounds do not.

Exactly as it plays right into the extra possessions stat for teams. If a team gets extra possessions and is shooting even 40% for the game, that's an extra 8-12 pts if they get 10 extra rebounds.

Exactly as it plays right into the extra possessions stat for teams. If a team gets extra possessions and is shooting even 40% for the game, that's an extra 8-12 pts if they get 10 extra rebounds.
I think you misunderstood my post, offensive rebounds are not correlated with wins but defensive are. This is likely because offensive rebounds require a missed shot from your team (no points for you) while defensive require the other team to miss a shot (no points for them).

I think you misunderstood my post, offensive rebounds are not correlated with wins but defensive are. This is likely because offensive rebounds require a missed shot from your team (no points for you) while defensive require the other team to miss a shot (no points for them).
Yes, my point is that if your team is giving up defensive rebounds to the other team, you are giving them possessions. My point wasn't keying on your team getting offensive rebounds.