Philip............Can You Start Spelling Your Name Rebracha?

My dad's business teacher in high school was named Neil Dover. Super awesome guy with a great sense of humor (which you'd have to have with a name like that).

I'd never forgive parents like that who name their kids stupid shit like Fonda Dicks, Neil Dover, and so on. I don't believe for a second that it would go unnoticed by parents and that no one said anything to them about it.

Like the example I gave above...out of literally hundreds of thousands of names, there are 3 that you can't give someone named Dover. Eileen, Neil, and Ben. His parents were terrible human beings.
There was a family of cousins named Case that had a bet on who would the first one to name their son Justin. He's about 20 years old now.

My sister went to high school with a fella by the name of Harry Rump.

Parents can be cruel sometimes.

True story. My wife went to school back in the day and a girl she knew on the b-ball team was named Carrie Cockman. Of course, she took shit for yearts and just hated that name. She commented that she couldn't wait to get married so that it would be changed.

Go forward a few years. My wife was reading the local paper and noticed in the announcements that Carrie Cockman was getting married...........................................................you guessed it. The Cockman/Dickman wedding was happening.

She became Carrie Dickman.

Last edited:
Through my work I used to see a ton of names. Ran across a man with the last name of Lowcock.

Now, back in the day I think they'd name people by either jobs they may do or certain characteristics. Talking about living your life and running around with confidence!!

Can't make this shit up.

Oh, I also came by a husband and wife that had exactly the same first and last name. They were both named Shirley for their first name.

I’m part Serb and I’ll tell you just visualize the č (ch) instead of c in his name. Ironically, my name got changed when my grandfather came to the US and people still F it up.

I mean I understand silent letters, but this adding letters to make the sound is really fucking me up!

Filip don't listen to MelroseHawkins, your name is just fine.

Would you go up to the big clarinet kid this Saturday and say "hi Asa"? He is on the right side of the basket, right next to the aisle. Big kid, wears glasses, you can't miss him.

Filip don't listen to MelroseHawkins, your name is just fine.

Would you go up to the big clarinet kid this Saturday and say "hi Asa"? He is on the right side of the basket, right next to the aisle. Big kid, wears glasses, you can't miss him.

Filip - Can you ask that kid to spell his name "Ace" like a real name? Ace is a damn solid man's name!