The Kentucky Fried....Iowa on offense don't play like a chicken official Citrus Bowl Game thread

Fair enough. Padilla may not be the answer, but it absolutely clear that Petras definitely is not. I really hope Labas is.... and is given a real shot because none of us will know unless they play him. We'll just hear "(Petras/Padilla) give us the best chance blah blah blah" .....

Hell...what do I know. Watching the level of QB play I saw today...with no change even attempted.... just...shit. Does BF/KF really think the fanbase believes another qb couldn't hand off the ball and run screens...which is all Petras did effectively.

Welp....and off season of wonder and conjecture. Cause I can't see Petras leaving on his own...who the hell is gonna take him with the tape he has...

Ahhh...the life of a Hawkeye fan.
Indeed, Iowa may have had a better chance of winning to day if they simply hadn't thrown the ball after the first quarter and either gotten points on the first drive or gone for it on 4th and 1 in the fourth quarter.

Possibly. But despite all, it looked like offense moved better with him. I certainly don't believe he's the answer, but given the oline play and minimal running game...his mobility was better.

Petras peak is immobile, panicked, game manager at his best. At his worst...well...see today.

Again....I don't believe Padilla is the future, just believe his upside was better than Peteas, based on what my untrained eyes saw this year.
Nothing wrong with your eyes.

Padilla should not stay because he is no better, or maybe less effective, than Petras.
Both QB’s are questionable to be sure. However considering Padilla has only started in two games is that really fair to judge him based on such a small sample size. Petras also had a better line to play behind last year and he wasn’t much better then. How would you like to start behind our offensive line this year?

I’d say there’s a pretty unified opinion on here that Brian is not the OC we need.

Both QB’s are questionable to be sure. However considering Padilla has only started in two games is that really fair to judge him based on such a small sample size. Petras also had a better line to play behind last year and he wasn’t much better then. How would you like to start behind our offensive line this year?

I’d say there’s a pretty unified opinion on here that Brian is not the OC we need.
You are right that I likely judged AP too quickly. Because I am a senior citizen, there is no offensive line I want to start behind.

You are right that I likely judged AP too quickly. Because I am a senior citizen, there is no offensive line I want to start behind.
Your right you would be better up on the line., lol. Those boys need some help.

I also bet you could come up with more creative plays than Brian. :)

FINAL THOUGHT - I discovered that I had more fun watching this game than all others except Nebraska and Maryland. Because i saw the offense move the ball.

THEN I REALIZED - You watched a team grind out 2 touch down drives.

THEN I THOUGHT - The bar is really low for excitement

Latest posts