The Kentucky Fried....Iowa on offense don't play like a chicken official Citrus Bowl Game thread

So this may be a silly question, but why can't we play like this all of the time??? I know that I'm not a big time college football coach and am probably very simple minded compared to guru bribri and guru Kirk, but something about it just makes sense

Parker has a brain tumor. Third and forever and don’t rush any body giving the QB time to stand there and wait for a long route to develop, then from their own ten yrd line blitz the house and risk leaving a receiver undefended. Parker get your head out of your ass!!!!! This must be Purdue Parker coaching today.

So this may be a silly question, but why can't we play like this all of the time??? I know that I'm not a big time college football coach and am probably very simple minded compared to guru bribri and guru Kirk, but something about it just makes sense
You can't read defenses very well can you. They're in the Dime

Bruce was open for 15 yards on that last crossing pass after the timeout but I am sure Brian's play call was " ok guys we are going to run all the receivers 20 yards downfield and then throw a 4 yard crossing pass and get tackled by 3 guys".

Sorry if I am so shit on Brian, but after this many years I am really down on this experiment.