AM to Iowa....leaving K ST?

I'm guessing if Iowa is going to seriously dip their toe in the transfer portal for a qb it'll be after the bowl game. They'll want to see how that goes. They'll either name a starter for going into the off season like they did with CJ/Rudock or just say it's an open competition all together. Which will then prompt whomever to want to leave and they'll rereassess at that point.

That said I think we have like 4 or 5 open schollies so if the right fit showed interest they don't have to wait. I just find it less likely someone would want to transfer in till it's sorted out what we are doing either.

AM would want a guaruntee he would be the starting QB as long as he shows up healthy and with the right attitude. I am not sure if Iowa would promise him that. Plus I am.nor sure if Iowa's offense is a good fit.

I think he'd be perfect. He's good at throwing to guys in Hawkeye uniforms.

Great line, but surprisingly he hasn't thrown it to us that much.

26/38 (68.4%), 260 yds, 2 TD, 1 int, 17 for 76 on the ground (1 TD)

10/18 (55.6%), 50 yds, 0 TD, 1 int, 21 for 44 on the ground (0 TD)

18/20 (90%), 161 yds, 0 TD, 0 int, 12 for 28 on the ground (1 TD, 1 fumble)

Total
54/76 (71%), 161 yds/gm, 2 TD, 2 int, 50 carries for 148 (2 TDs, 1 fumble)

So he only gave the ball away to us 3 times in 3 games. He really didn't do much damage outside of that first year, but compared to how generous he was overall with giving the ball away, he was a regular scrooge vs. us.

I would love for this to be true, but it isn't. We could run the Brad Banks offense. He would do well because the offense doesn't revolve around him completely. Hand off, play action, if not wide open, run. Never force it, son.

Imagine winning a conference title with Nebraska's QB. Too good.

Great line, but surprisingly he hasn't thrown it to us that much.

26/38 (68.4%), 260 yds, 2 TD, 1 int, 17 for 76 on the ground (1 TD)

10/18 (55.6%), 50 yds, 0 TD, 1 int, 21 for 44 on the ground (0 TD)

18/20 (90%), 161 yds, 0 TD, 0 int, 12 for 28 on the ground (1 TD, 1 fumble)

Total
54/76 (71%), 161 yds/gm, 2 TD, 2 int, 50 carries for 148 (2 TDs, 1 fumble)

So he only gave the ball away to us 3 times in 3 games. He really didn't do much damage outside of that first year, but compared to how generous he was overall with giving the ball away, he was a regular scrooge vs. us.
Yep. I was thinking of Taylor Martinez.

Not super stoked about Petras or Padilla. I have more interest in Labas or going after Slovis in the portal.

Not super stoked about Petras or Padilla. I have more interest in Labas or going after Slovis in the portal.
In case anyone didn’t see, Slovis is headed to Pitt. That was announced the day after trj posted this. Pitt might well be the favorite in the ACC next year. Haven’t looked much into what Clemson has coming in though.

In case anyone didn’t see, Slovis is headed to Pitt. That was announced the day after trj posted this. Pitt might well be the favorite in the ACC next year. Haven’t looked much into what Clemson has coming in though.
I still think we should’ve gone after Pitt for the B1G.

Kick Buttgers and Maryland out, add Pitt (East) and ND (West), and send Purdue to the East.

Kick Buttgers and Maryland out, add Pitt (East) and ND (West), and send Purdue to the East.
Pitt checks the boxes for academic profile, region, and history of success in football. But it also grades out as an F in terms of expanding the TV/marketing footprint. And they play in a pro football stadium.

Yeah. ND just kept turning the Big Ten down. After missing the playoffs at 11-1, again, you think they'd listen now?

Plus they'd want to be in the east due to rivalries with MSU and Michigan.

The writing is on the wall. Divisions are disappearing, anyway.

Yes, Pitt was a natural with the built in Battle for PA with Penn St, their history was way better than rutgers which probably projected to better showing in the Big 10. Rutgers is a huge school with zero football history and doesnt have the fan base that demands they get better.

Pitt checks the boxes for academic profile, region, and history of success in football. But it also grades out as an F in terms of expanding the TV/marketing footprint. And they play in a pro football stadium.

A competitive Pitt team in the Big 10 East would create tv viewers in the state of PA and the surroundings when they played Mich, OSU, Mich St and the PSU game would be a big ratings game. Much better I think that Rutgers.

Does anyone know how Rutgers tv ratings are so far after these years with them in the Big?

Yeah I wondered if that was the why they weren't. Seems like they never really were considered. I suppose PSU wasn't on board with em either too much. They have a beef going back aways don't they?

Way too much logic with a move like that... I thought years ago when the playoffs got going that things would move towards ND having to cave and join a conference. Those stubborn folks just won't do it. With all the playoff expansion talk going on now my guess is once the new format is figured out they might join one. But hell they seem to favor the ACC on the other sports so who knows

Way too much logic with a move like that... I thought years ago when the playoffs got going that things would move towards ND having to cave and join a conference. Those stubborn folks just won't do it. With all the playoff expansion talk going on now my guess is once the new format is figured out they might join one. But hell they seem to favor the ACC on the other sports so who knows

Yeah, why wouldnt the irish want to fly down to play Miami and SCarolina when they could bus to JNW, IU, and Purdue and do the quick hopes to Mich, Mich St, and OSU. The ACC does not seem to have the depth of the Big in football right now and in Bball also top to bottom.

Latest posts