Well This Isnt The Best Of News

Northside Hawk

Yesterday a 37 year old woman in the abso,ute prime of her life was shot in Potosi Wisconsin and is currently in Madison, possibly fighting for her life.

She was my neighbor in Dickeyville for ten years, has two teenage children, and has had a rough enough recent run of things as she just went through a divorce.

The shooter, who ended up taking his own life, is believed to be her boyfriend.

Will try to provide further updates as several neighbors are close acquaintances and/or grew up with her. Give your loved ones an extra hug today.

Yesterday a 37 year old woman in the abso,ute prime of her life was shot in Potosi Wisconsin and is currently in Madison, possibly fighting for her life.

She was my neighbor in Dickeyville for ten years, has two teenage children, and has had a rough enough recent run of things as she just went through a divorce.

Will try to provide further updates as several neighbors are close acquaintances and/or grew up with her. Give your loved ones an extra hug today.
Wtf man

Is this lady improving?

Is this lady improving?
I haven't heard any updates since Saturday, which is probably good news. She suffered injuries similar to Gabrielle Giffords if you remember that incident.

I did find out that her two children were indeed at their father's.

Thank God.

I haven't heard any updates since Saturday, which is probably good news. She suffered injuries similar to Gabrielle Giffords if you remember that incident.

I did find out that her two children were indeed at their father's.

Thank God.

Hope she recovers well

It is a blessing that the children were away

That's fucked up and never something you want to hear this time of year or any time for that matter. Best wishes to everyone out there and enjoy the time with your loved ones.

Update (and it isn't good)

Was eating (and watching the Badgers' funeral) at the Old Potosi Saloon this evening. The woman who was shot last week has suffered permanent spinal cord damage and is looking at being a quadriplegic, similar to the student in Jessup Hall who survived the 1991 shooting but never walked again and passed away some time ago.

She was a roving site nurse who worked at several manufacturing plants near Dubuque's riverfront which is where she met the employee who would eventually shoot her and take his own life. This man lost his own mentally ill 20 year old daughter this summer as she took her own life and he never recovered.

Here's where the story gets really crazy. The daughter of Monica (not her real name) shared the same first name as the young student victim from the 1991 Iowa campus tragedy.

Can anyone cue up Rod Serling?

Last edited:
Update (and it isn't good)

Was eating (and watching the Badgers' funeral) at the Old Potosi Saloon this evening. The woman who was shot last week has suffered permanent spinal cord damage and is looking at being a quadriplegic, similar to the student in Jessup Hall who survived the 1991 shooting but never walked again and passed away some time ago.

She was a roving site nurse who worked at several manufacturing plants near Dubuque's riverfront which is where she met the employee who would eventually shoot her and take his own life. This man lost his own mentally ill 20 year old daughter this summer as she took her own life and he never recovered.

Here's where the story gets really crazy. The daughter of Monica (not her real name) shared the same first name as the young student victim from the 1991 Iowa campus tragedy.

Can anyone cue up Rod Serling?

Boy, I was kind of following this story and new of the situation where the guy lost his daughter this past year. He looked to be in a stable marriage from his Facebook page. Was he having an affair with this woman and/or was he in the brink of a divorce? On a side note, is daughter was an absolute beautiful girl who seemed to have a bubbly and great personality. I can't imagine losing a child.

I wonder what caused him to snap on the alleged woman he was seeing? Was she going to disclose their relationship and was he afraid this was going to get back to his wife? I wondered WTF happened in this situation.

Boy, I was kind of following this story and new of the situation where the guy lost his daughter this past year. He looked to be in a stable marriage from his Facebook page. Was he having an affair with this woman and/or was he in the brink of a divorce? On a side note, is daughter was an absolute beautiful girl who seemed to have a bubbly and great personality. I can't imagine losing a child.

I wonder what caused him to snap on the alleged woman he was seeing? Was she going to disclose their relationship and was he afraid this was going to get back to his wife? I wondered WTF happened in this situation.
Sounds like the guy had mental health issues as well. He recently posted numerous Facebook shares paying homage to recognizing mental illness in memory of his daughter.

He had updated his profile picture literally the day of or the day before. No idea how long he and the shooting victim were seeing each other or his marital situation.

Sounds like the guy had mental health issues as well. He recently posted numerous Facebook shares paying homage to recognizing mental illness in memory of his daughter.

He had updated his profile picture literally the day of or the day before. No idea how long he and the shooting victim were seeing each other or his marital situation.
Heard any update on how this lady is doing?

Heard any update on how this lady is doing?
Just got one today. She is coming home next week from the hospital in the Chicago area where she has been. Still little chance of improvement. Sounds like the ex is going to take care of her but will need at least a part time nurse as well. The two oldest are fourteen and eleven and have a long road ahead of them as well.

Just got one today. She is coming home next week from the hospital in the Chicago area where she has been. Still little chance of improvement. Sounds like the ex is going to take care of her but will need at least a part time nurse as well. The two oldest are fourteen and eleven and have a long road ahead of them as well.
Damn. Don't like hearing that.

Damn. Don't like hearing that.
They lived three houses from me for ten years. I can still picture the morning she went into labor with the (now) fourteen year old. I left the house for my then job at 4 am, sometimes earlier. I was used to our neighborhood being silent as a ghost.

Not that Monday morning however. Not when they came barreling out of their driveway and on their way to the hospital. I wasn't used to seeing excitement like that at that hour. Maybe on the ten mile commute down to Dubuque on 151 but not on my block.

I've heard a story that she wanted to become a swinger while her soon to be ex didn't. That explains the marital breakup as well as the involvement with the guy who shot her. The wifey ran into him this week and said he looks like he hasn't eaten or slept in weeks. I can't even imagine.