What was the 'adversity' the hawks played through in the 2nd half last nite per the announcers?

Not sure. Murray wasn't out for very long. I thought VAs comeback was more of a product of them rebounding at both ends better. We got a lot of 2nd chance buckets in the 1st half and in the 2nd we got a lot less of them and VA started to get some of their own. We played zone for awhile and that just opens up everything for them to both get good shots and then rebound it when they miss.

Craziest damn stat of the night to me was that we only had 4 TOs.. Against that team in their building that's insane. IA is one of 6 teams to have put up 75 pts on them since Bennett has been there and we've done it twice. Fran knows offense there's no doubt about it at this point.

Bad shooting, a lot of fouls, I know it wasnt turnovers.
Was wondering that myself, aside from being complete homers with no knowledge of Iowa basketball, they didn't do their research. I guess they thought Keegan was all Iowa had and they would fold, Kinda did cross my mind too.

I think the adversity they faced was VA - we're talking about a program that's only lost at home 6 times (7 now) since 2017, almost 4 and half seasons. This was a big win for Iowa.

Was wondering that myself, aside from being complete homers with no knowledge of Iowa basketball, they didn't do their research. I guess they thought Keegan was all Iowa had and they would fold, Kinda did cross my mind too.

They got the twins mixed up a lot when announcing. That's going to happen all season as they look exactly the same.

I think the adversity they faced was VA - we're talking about a program that's only lost at home 6 times (7 now) since 2017, almost 4 and half seasons. This was a big win for Iowa.

Maybe that was it, on the road with rabid crowd and tough opponent. I watched much of first half but little of the 2nd half until the last couple of minutes. Iowa probably shot the ball a little worse in the 2nd half.

They got the twins mixed up a lot when announcing. That's going to happen all season as they look exactly the same.
This plays into a point I made in another thread- I would think the potential for confusion exists with the opposing players such that any given time, a Murray is going to be open if they are on the floor at the same time.

Either way, this is a fun team to watch, and the upside is tremendous. When the schedule first came out, I am sure many of us had the VA game as an L, as well as the two next games. Now, ISU is showing potential (I really hate to admit that). I still say if we go 2-2 over this stretch, thats pretty damn good, and now we are 1-0 for that stretch.

What, they look exactly the same???? I hadnt noticed. insert smiley face

I knew some azzhat was going to throw that statement back at me!!

Most twins actually don't look exactly the same. Most are fraternal than are identical.

I have 14 yr old twin boys and no fan would have difficulty telling them apart.

This plays into a point I made in another thread- I would think the potential for confusion exists with the opposing players such that any given time, a Murray is going to be open if they are on the floor at the same time.

You make a very valid point, Defenders could easily get crossed up at times as they don't always just key on the number. Lol. Never thought of that.

It wasn't adversity but more like a huge break when Joe got tied up and the possession arrow was pointing our way.

If it's pointing the other way Virginia has the ball up one with sixteen seconds remaining and we're in trouble.

Luck of the arrow, in addition to the shot falling and the final stop, we're the difference. It was actually a pretty even, decently officiated game. Not a ton of fouls or turnovers. Many of the stats were as even as the final score.

The illegal picks when VA had the ball along with hand checks when IA did that reminded me of Illinois DBs every single time down court (lots of jersey in hand)?

I knew some azzhat was going to throw that statement back at me!!

Most twins actually don't look exactly the same. Most are fraternal than are identical.

I have 14 yr old twin boys and no fan would have difficulty telling them apart.

I assumed they looked exactly the same when you said that plus I have seen them. Yep there are a difference in types of twins.

You make a very valid point, Defenders could easily get crossed up at times as they don't always just key on the number. Lol. Never thought of that.
I grew up with two friends that were identical. I always could tell them apart but it was funny when others couldn't. Sometimes they played with it to.

Latest posts