Purdue Game Prediction Thread

Apparently Purdue has a pretty good defense, which is a change from last year. But their offense has been pretty spotty.This one makes me a bit nervous, I think it is the first game this year where I haven't expected Iowa to cover the spread (the only game they failed to cover the spread so far is CSU).

Maybe a 3-7 pt victory, that really isn't that close, but kind of feels close right at the end and leads to some sweating (like 2019)?

They are supposed to have the 4th ranked D overall in the Big. But I saw on their own site that they are giving up 3.8 yards per carry. That is much more that PSU defense so I think the hawks can run the ball pretty well.

When Iowa runs pretty well with our usual tough defenses the outcome is pretty good for our hawks.

But I also wouldnt put it past Purdue to change up their D patterns and blitz a lot for all over the formations. This usually befuddles our offense for a good 1/3 of a game or more.

It is a chess game for sure. I say hawks 27 PU 20

I am revising my prediction. Purdue 23, Iowa 19. There's no way we win this game. They have that stud on the d-line who will singlehandedly stifle our offense. I think the defense gets at TD or sets us up for one and then the offense just musters 4 FGs and we lose by 4.
No way Iowa loses this game.

Purdue is down rondale Moore this game and their QB situation is murky.

Iowa should win as long as they play sound

Edit: I'm an idiot and deserve to be mocked

Last edited:
Purdue is down rondale Moore this game and their QB situation is murky.

Iowa should win as long as they play sound

Purdue is definitely down Rondale Moore as he is playing on Sundays for the Cardinals. And he was hurt last year or something in our first game against PU but I would hate to play Purdue with both Moore and Bell healthy.

Purdue is definitely down Rondale Moore as he is playing on Sundays for the Cardinals. And he was hurt last year or something in our first game against PU but I would hate to play Purdue with both Moore and Bell healthy.
Yeah I smooth brained that

Didn't we only face him once during his time vs. Purdue? I feel like we missed him due to injury 2x.

Didn't we only face him once during his time vs. Purdue? I feel like we missed him due to injury 2x.

Could be that way. Iirc, riley moss started as a freshman in 2017 because the starting Dback stayed in Iowa City because of a team infraction or such. I think Moore did a number on Moss that day. All hawks today I bet

Latest posts