Purdue Game Prediction Thread

Fryowa

Administrator
I’m not doing a poll, but we’re not stopping the “tradition” of prediction threads this year. It’s worked so far.

Iowa starts a bit sluggish, but Tory pins em deep and the rest will be history. Hawks run game works, sets up play action and look for Keegan to have a couple big plays. Iowa 34 and Purdue 10

Last edited:
Apparently Purdue has a pretty good defense, which is a change from last year. But their offense has been pretty spotty.This one makes me a bit nervous, I think it is the first game this year where I haven't expected Iowa to cover the spread (the only game they failed to cover the spread so far is CSU).

Maybe a 3-7 pt victory, that really isn't that close, but kind of feels close right at the end and leads to some sweating (like 2019)?

Close early, wouldn't be surprised to see 14-7 at the half type of score. Iowa gets over the Penn State hangover by third quarter and start turning Purdue over and take a safe lead. Iowa does enough to win.

Apparently Purdue has a pretty good defense, which is a change from last year. But their offense has been pretty spotty.This one makes me a bit nervous, I think it is the first game this year where I haven't expected Iowa to cover the spread (the only game they failed to cover the spread so far is CSU).

Maybe a 3-7 pt victory, that really isn't that close, but kind of feels close right at the end and leads to some sweating (like 2019)?

I am revising my prediction. Purdue 23, Iowa 19. There's no way we win this game. They have that stud on the d-line who will singlehandedly stifle our offense. I think the defense gets at TD or sets us up for one and then the offense just musters 4 FGs and we lose by 4.

I could see a bit of a slugfest. In college football, emotion, perhaps more so than any other sport I'm familiar with, is a major factor. You really cannot ignore the potential hangover effects from the PSU game. Super intense and physical. We have great coaches and really tough kids, but they aren't superhuman. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sluggishness.

Purdue is actually pretty salty on D, that could be a challenge. I think our O is a lot better than they might look on paper. We're probably somewhere between the team that put up 50 on Maryland and the team that had to claw for every yard against PSU.

Purdue is not great on O though and my understanding is they've really struggled putting it in the end zone. That is not a good trait to carry into Kinnick Stadium.

Hawks should win, but I think it could be uncomfortably close for at least half the game. The hangover factor I think will be absolutely key. If the timing was different, I could see the Hawks rolling these turkeys.

I'm going to choose to be optimistic and say the Hawks pull away late, 23-13 good guys.

I am revising my prediction. Purdue 23, Iowa 19. There's no way we win this game. They have that stud on the d-line who will singlehandedly stifle our offense. I think the defense gets at TD or sets us up for one and then the offense just musters 4 FGs and we lose by 4.
Which quarter do you think Goodson will tear his ACL in though?

A million points would require us to score over 277 points per second, which unfortunately is not possible.
Hawks by 750,000 then.

Final offer.

I've been part of a rather large accident settlement negotiation before and I know how your lawyer math works.

24-13 Iowa

Iowa starts slow and is down at the half 10-7. 2nd half they feed off the energy of the crowd, Phil makes his adjustments and they win going away.

Relax dawg....he ain't Shaun Philips.:)

What you do need to worry about is Brohm dialing up shit when Iowa is in cover 4(quarters).

This is a trap game. Too much noise. The players take their eye off the ball. Iowa flashes and falls 24-17