James Franklin 5 minute damage control video on faking injuries

We don't know that, Parker was making in game adjustments and the backup QB was even more of a threat to run. Let's give credit to Iowa's defense for delivering the hit that caused him to leave the game, it was clean all the way around. Had he been able to stay in the game who knows what would have happened. Putting hits on QB's can have a huge impact on the game.

Clear back in 2021? You must have mistyped because Iowa destroyed Maryland a couple of weeks ago.

It's weird I have to convince an IOWA fan that they (Iowa) deserved to win that game.
Unless I'm mistaken this post was intended to be sarcastic.

And in a shocking turn of events another snake joins the discussion and publicly sides with Franklin. Not surprised at all that Narduzzi came out and publicly backed Franklin. Ironically it's the same snake that takes the same approach when it comes to slowing down momentum. Why am I not shocked.

I'll add that I definitely smell a rat!!!

Last edited:
We don't know that, Parker was making in game adjustments and the backup QB was even more of a threat to run. Let's give credit to Iowa's defense for delivering the hit that caused him to leave the game, it was clean all the way around. Had he been able to stay in the game who knows what would have happened. Putting hits on QB's can have a huge impact on the game.

Clear back in 2021? You must have mistyped because Iowa destroyed Maryland a couple of weeks ago.

It's weird I have to convince an IOWA fan that they (Iowa) deserved to win that game.

I think you misread that post, go back and look at it again.

And in a shocking turn of events another snake joins the discussion and publicly sides with Franklin. Not surprised at all that Narduzzi came out and publicly backed Franklin. Ironically it's the same snake that takes the same approach when it comes to slowing down momentum. Why am I not shocked.

I'll add that I definitely smell a rat!!!

LIke he has any room to talk! Wow

LIke he has any room to talk! Wow
Yep, same guy who faked injuries for MSU against Iowa in 2011. I was at the game.

Afterwards I was with a former Iowa coach who asked Ted Gill in the concourse area if all those injuries were legit - he smiled and said basically the same thing that Franklin did. Didn't deny it nor did he admit to it.

Would like to see the film clip of the entire play resulting in #17 taking the fall for PSU. I've seen where he takes the fall but nothing following him from beginning to end in that play to see if there was any cause.

I sure hope so!
It was sarcasm. The point was, had Maryland's qb got hurt after the 1st quarter, their fans could say the exact same things Penn State has been saying. They were "killing us" early. Since he didn't get hurt, we got to see it play out and we kicked their asses and they benched their qb for sucking.

It was sarcasm. The point was, had Maryland's qb got hurt after the 1st quarter, their fans could say the exact same things Penn State has been saying. They were "killing us" early. Since he didn't get hurt, we got to see it play out and we kicked their asses and they benched their qb for sucking.
Only score that matters is the one at the end of the game. You don't get trophies for winning the first quarter or half the last time I checked. Hell no better example then that crazy OU and UT game.

It'll be pretty funny when PSU goes on to lose to OSU, Michigan and MSU too. The rest of their games are cupcakes but they could lose those 3 easy enough make them 'frauds' for having been ranked 4th. Isn't that what everyone is so butt hurt about us? We shouldn't be 2 blah blah. Well it all will sort itself out in the end anyway.

Only score that matters is the one at the end of the game. You don't get trophies for winning the first quarter or half the last time I checked. Hell no better example then that crazy OU and UT game.

It'll be pretty funny when PSU goes on to lose to OSU, Michigan and MSU too. The rest of their games are cupcakes but they could lose those 3 easy enough make them 'frauds' for having been ranked 4th. Isn't that what everyone is so butt hurt about us? We shouldn't be 2 blah blah. Well it all will sort itself out in the end anyway.
Love listening to their fanbase calling us frauds and talk about how good they are and how they can't wait to see us in the BIG 10 Championship. First if we truly are frauds and just knocked off "4th ranked contenders" where does that put them now if we are frauds. Secondly, if/when they "see us" in the BIG 10 Championship I wonder how they'll feel watching from the comforts of their own homes since they're not coming out of the East.

But it's always fun to dream and assume things. Like them winning that game if Clifford doesn't get hurt. We can assume all we want, but it doesn't change anything. There is no "yeah but" column. Only wins and losses.

Love listening to their fanbase calling us frauds and talk about how good they are and how they can't wait to see us in the BIG 10 Championship. First if we truly are frauds and just knocked off "4th ranked contenders" where does that put them now if we are frauds. Secondly, if/when they "see us" in the BIG 10 Championship I wonder how they'll feel watching from the comforts of their own homes since they're not coming out of the East.

But it's always fun to dream and assume things. Like them winning that game if Clifford doesn't get hurt. We can assume all we want, but it doesn't change anything. There is no "yeah but" column. Only wins and losses.
Yeah I see little to no chance of PSU getting to the title game. They'll stumble no less then twice the rest of the way. And that'll be disqualifying in and of itself with 3 losses. Granted if they magically were to win out to get there then they'll have had to earn it. I'll acknowledge that

I know I thought the same. It's so nauseating. The fact they don't give Iowa credit just supports that maybe your said defense isn't as stout as you think it is. Why wouldn't they want to give their D credit and state they were holding iowa back.

Iowa scored 23 pts on their "great" defense. They never talk about that, and Clifford being in or out of the game doesn't change that. Their argument takes all and any credit away from their D. Why fans of teams do that, I don't know.

Yeah I see little to no chance of PSU getting to the title game. They'll stumble no less then twice the rest of the way. And that'll be disqualifying in and of itself with 3 losses. Granted if they magically were to win out to get there then they'll have had to earn it. I'll acknowledge that

But, Hawkfnntn, THEY PLAY IN THE EAST!, did you not know that? If Iowa had to play in the EAST...........yada yada yada.......

They are damn lucky they play in the east and can use that as an excuse.

But, Hawkfnntn, THEY PLAY IN THE EAST!, did you not know that? If Iowa had to play in the EAST...........yada yada yada.......

Right and tongue in cheek they make that statement without seeing any of the true contenders in the east.

And it is tough there's no denying that. How would we do over there this yr? Who knows but we just beat the team that was supposedly the highest rated one in it so I kinda like our chances. I wouldn't shy away from it. But it is what it is. Usually Wisconsin is better then they are and Northwestern. Iowa doesn't have to apologize for any of that though. Just win baby. Just keep winning

The other thing I find so ironic is their focus on the tempo. 30-40 seconds between play is definitely not uptempo, but to say breaking it up with a 3-4 minute injury time out not affecting a team's rhythm or mentality is absolutely stupid. It's the very same logic that goes into the concept of icing a kicker.

Finally, Kirk is the oldest coach in the land, and not the fact he commented on it, which is totally out of character for him in the first place, but the fact he went on to say he's only considered this happening one other time. Let's be real here, KF is not the type of coach to stir the pot or even initiate confrontation, if he's even addressing it there's reason to be suspicious.