OT: Nice job Little Pitino

spliff45

Apparently Jalen Suggs was on a podcast and said if Pitino would have put more of an effort into recruiting him, he would have committed to Minnesota to play both football and basketball.

I remember Steve Ferentz saying that he wanted to commit to Iowa early in his HS career, but they didn't recruit him hard enough. Really only had contact with one coach and he was only interested in his homework and curfew. I think Steve also was turned off because the coaches didn't come at him with a prom-posal type of a scholarship offer. He didn't care which school he played for, as long as it was the one that stayed on their knees the longest. Lucky for us Mary beat his ass and set him straight.

As for Suggs, I have a friend that's close to the situation. He/she said that Suggs didn't think he was wanted because Pitino didn't bring out the strippers and hookers on his visit. He didn't realize that there's more than 1 Pitino.

Not sure I buy that... I mean Pitino was a douche of a coach but I would think he had a reason if he wasn't recruiting him hard. Similar reason why he or any other coaches wouldn't have went after Fran McCafferys kids is my guess. Why waste your time if you know you have no shot? Pitino is one of those coaches that throws offers out like crazy I don't think he didn't out of laziness.

I do remember part of his recruitment and wishing Iowa had a shot at him doing both sports but I knew it was a long shot. Would KF have been willing to share his QB with the basketball team?... I know Beutjer did both briefly but he hardly played for the hoops team and was 100% in football. This woulda been a unique thing had it been tried.

I remember Steve Ferentz saying that he wanted to commit to Iowa early in his HS career, but they didn't recruit him hard enough. Really only had contact with one coach and he was only interested in his homework and curfew. I think Steve also was turned off because the coaches didn't come at him with a prom-posal type of a scholarship offer. He didn't care which school he played for, as long as it was the one that stayed on their knees the longest.
Outstanding

As for Suggs, I have a friend that's close to the situation. He/she said that Suggs didn't think he was wanted because Pitino didn't bring out the strippers and hookers on his visit. He didn't realize that there's more than 1 Pitino.

There may be more than 1 Pitino, but they're both scum. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the strippers and hookers weren't in his converted ice cream truck with no windows advertising free hugs inside that I'm sure he hauls around with him on recruiting trips. My only question is WTF is wrong with Suggs? Fleck and Pitino in the mix seems like two douchebags too many to even consider.

There may be more than 1 Pitino, but they're both scum. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the strippers and hookers weren't in his converted ice cream truck with no windows advertising free hugs inside that I'm sure he hauls around with him on recruiting trips. My only question is WTF is wrong with Suggs? Fleck and Pitino in the mix seems like two douchebags too many to even consider.
I think of Rick Pitino as scum. I see or think of Richard Pitino as this guy..............

1634913974979.png