A glimpse into Fryowa's future

Lovely. Though perhaps not surprising, the entire state is essentially a giant cesspool. I think I'd rather take a walking tour of downtown Kabul in a cowboy hat and American flag t-shirt than set foot in Ohio.

I'll make 2 exceptions to that:

- USAF museum in Dayton
- Mid-Ohio race track

But, even then, I'd make a point to be in and out as quick as possible. The whole scene there is just a bit...unseemly.

ISU fans complain about "Tavern Hoks". Oh man, your average Tavern Hok has nothing on Buckeye nation. Next time you see OSU on TV, pay attention when they pan across the stands. It's an entire stadium jammed full of a bunch of sweaty old fat guys, most of whom haven't seen the inside of a school since about the 8th grade, wearing facepaint and oversized replica jerseys. Gawd, can you imagine the smell? It has to be awful.

So, yeah, I can't say I'm surprised.

Now that explains why on this site I constantly see the pop-ups for women's lingerie, anal beads and butt plugs. I always wondered how that advertisement ended up on here.
That has more to do with your habits. That doesn't mean that's what you do. It means that something about what you do triggers that.

That has more to do with your habits. That doesn't mean that's what you do. It means that something about what you do triggers that.

Thank you Mr. Literal. LOL!

I do appreciate your very nice way of insinuating someone might be a pervert!! LOL. Makes me chuckle.

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Literal. LOL!

I do appreciate your very nice way of insinuating someone might be a pervert!! LOL. Makes me chuckle.
No, not at all. It's the way things work. Something seemingly unrelated can show up. Glad you got a chuckle as that was how it was intended. Sneaky devils.

Besides someone had to defend Fry's Honor! 1632245875198.png

Last edited:
Oh man, your average Tavern Hok has nothing on Buckeye nation.
Without your average Tavern Hok the stadium would have about 25,000 people in it.

That's what clown fans don't get. If you consider everyone who didn't graduate from that particular school as not worthy of fandom then you have, well...ISU. A microscopic fanbase that doesn't reach outside of a flyover state and has its games played on ESPN+ or streamed on the CBS app.

Without your average Tavern Hok the stadium would have about 25,000 people in it.

That's what clown fans don't get. If you consider everyone who didn't graduate from that particular school as not worthy of fandom then you have, well...ISU. A microscopic fanbase that doesn't reach outside of a flyover state and has its games played on ESPN+ or streamed on the CBS app.
See, I have always recognized three different classes of Hawk fans:

- People who actually went there
- People like me, who went to school elsewhere but, as a person of good taste, culture, and refinement, have had the good sense to insinuate themselves into the Fandom
- Tavern Hoks - that segment of the fanbase fond of wearing cheap replica jerseys and still saying "Kurt Ferens" even after 20+ seasons

Without the latter two groups, Iowa is essentially ISU.

My neighbor has a three TV setup out in his screened in patio that he runs on CFB Saturday. He has whatever ESPN thing you get with Disney plus or whatever and I got to watch part of the Drake game on Saturday while Clemson was in that weather delay. That thing has like every team that is Ivy or Pioneer League and up. It is freaking amazing. I'd hate to be relegated to it if I were a P5 school, though.

Lovely. Though perhaps not surprising, the entire state is essentially a giant cesspool. I think I'd rather take a walking tour of downtown Kabul in a cowboy hat and American flag t-shirt than set foot in Ohio.

I'll make 2 exceptions to that:

- USAF museum in Dayton
- Mid-Ohio race track
Agree that Ohio as a whole is an armpit, but the Columbus Zoo is the second best zoo in the country and an awesome fucking place to visit.

The pro football hall of fame is somewhat cool as well but less so to me because the NFL has gone completely down the shitter since the early 90s.

See, I have always recognized three different classes of Hawk fans:

- People who actually went there
- People like me, who went to school elsewhere but, as a person of good taste, culture, and refinement, have had the good sense to insinuate themselves into the Fandom
- Tavern Hoks - that segment of the fanbase fond of wearing cheap replica jerseys and still saying "Kurt Ferens" even after 20+ seasons

Without the latter two groups, Iowa is essentially ISU.
Saying "Kurt Ferens" in order to piss off all the 84 year old ninnies like @HuckFinn around here is a definite sign of good taste, culture, and refinement. There's a difference.

Agree that Ohio as a whole is an armpit, but the Columbus Zoo is the second best zoo in the country and an awesome fucking place to visit.

The pro football hall of fame is somewhat cool as well but less so to me because the NFL has gone completely down the shitter since the early 90s.
I like animals, but zoos are always so smelly and full of trashy, pushy people - good zoo, bad zoo, or in between, it's a turn off for me.

My neighbor has a three TV setup out in his screened in patio that he runs on CFB Saturday. He has whatever ESPN thing you get with Disney plus or whatever and I got to watch part of the Drake game on Saturday while Clemson was in that weather delay. That thing has like every team that is Ivy or Pioneer League and up. It is freaking amazing. I'd hate to be relegated to it if I were a P5 school, though.
I was riding home after the Iowa game the other night and cruising the CryFan boards to shit on their game thread.

Turns out I didn't have to because their fans had like 8 pages of pissed off whiners complaining about Utah taking their game into 3 OTs and how they missed the first ten minutes or whatever. People couldn't get logged in, they were discussing what app they needed to put on their phone, some of them were pissed because even after the Utah game ended they still couldn't log on, etc...

Basically those kinds of things tell you if you have a big boy program or not. There's a reason that school is the red-headed stepchild of football.

I like animals, but zoos are always so smelly and full of trashy, pushy people - good zoo, bad zoo, or in between, it's a turn off for me.
Jesus Christ, man, do you get pedicures and go to gas stations where people pump your gas for you?

Cause that post sounds like a dude who wears a green alligator polo tucked into khaki shorts and boat shoes with no socks driving a 7 year old 'Vette. You don't tell people you just met what your job is and where you went to college without them asking, do you?

There are ads on this site?

No, it was a joke to go along with the OP article that you were working in conjunction with these shady perverted people to advertise. This when we all know the advertisement on this site has to do with tendencies and what viewers look at.

ALL A JOKE.

I'm disappointed I had to spell it out to you and HawkGold. Bummer. I thought it may be the "Post Of The Year!". It was like Seinfeld writing.

Jesus Christ, man, do you get pedicures and go to gas stations where people pump your gas for you?

Cause that post sounds like a dude who wears a green alligator polo tucked into khaki shorts and boat shoes with no socks driving a 7 year old 'Vette. You don't tell people you just met what your job is and where you went to college without them asking, do you?
Lol, that was pretty good, but you missed the mark!

I would love a 7 year old Vette, but lack the garage space. My feet tend to sweat, so the idea of not wearing socks makes me a little sick. I'd only bring up my job or education if it was pertinent to the conversation and, as a general rule, I tend to avoid conversation.

I have many other obnoxious personality traits, though.

Hey, in the future you might be able to catch some Big 12 games on it!