JBo Reddit Thread Highlights

It wasn't like that.

Rob, whether you agree with his views or not, is a seriously stand up guy. He's a professional person that I respect and he he's got the added weight on his shoulders of having his name out there.

Let's face it, even if you don't like or agree with how last summer was in the media, he took (and continues to take) a lot of shit online and elsewhere for his reporting. That takes balls either way you look at it because your livelihood is potentially at stake.

I respect the heck out of someone willing to put their neck on the line for what they believe in. I agree with some of his views and disagree with others, but the shit storm that rained down on him I wouldn't wish on anyone, present company included.
How he was interacting with posters had nothing to do with them only getting rid of the part of his job where he interacted with posters?

There is absolutely no chance that Deano is Fry. Zero.

1) Their opinions on Hawkeye sports are completely different. Fry is more of a "realist"/pessimist and Dean was always an optimist.
2) Their deliveries are completely different.
3) Word usage and diction not in the same neighborhood.

Just because you didn't get along with them doesn't mean they're Fry's alts. More than one person is allowed to be mean and not get along with you.
It was in the style. Get what you are saying but it was how they used certain words. Dean hated Fran btw. In the end it doesn't really matter. All he has to do is change course some bit.

It was in the style. Get what you are saying but it was how they used certain words. Dean hated Fran.
Look, man, if you've noticed (maybe not), the only time I've really pursued a personal issue with you regarding myself is the alt thing. I get it if you hate me. I understand it and I can sleep. But I've never used an alt here or anywhere. I can be fine with people disliking me (that's probably an understatement), but being called a liar when I'm not isn't as ok. Now, that doesn't mean you have to change your opinion, but i'm going to say something and ask for proof.

And now that I looked, it's hilariously ironic that I banned DDThompson for repeatedly posting the same COVID graphic over and over telling people it was a hoax. And then for fun and because he hated Wisconsin I changed his avatar to a Wisconsin logo. He's one of a very, very few people I've banned other than spam bots.

If you think I'm going to go through all of that in anticipation that you might call me out as an alt for that guy, I don't know what to tell you. :)

He had a way with avatars. Billy Crystal. Dr Ruth. What was the other?
I don't remember the name of the movie/show so I can't search for the picture, but it was this freaky, hairless, humanoid-looking alien that was pasty white and had the creepiest smile ever.

It was in the style. Get what you are saying but it was how they used certain words. Dean hated Fran btw. In the end it doesn't really matter. All he has to do is change course some bit.
And to make it even funnier, you're talking about alts, I looked for shared IP's and DDThompson had 3 shared IP addresses with other accounts (none of the other two posted at all and only logged in a couple times). So you're half right in that DDT was an alt. Just not with me.

That line through his name means he's banned, and I sure as hell wouldn't put some stupid statement like that on my profile, even if I was trying to convince someone I wasn't an alt.

Capture.JPG

Over the years there have probably been thousands of posters here. It would be against the odds if you didn't "kinda resemble" at least a few of them.

Look, man, if you've noticed (maybe not), the only time I've really pursued a personal issue with you regarding myself is the alt thing. I get it if you hate me. I understand it and I can sleep. But I've never used an alt here or anywhere. I can be fine with people disliking me (that's probably an understatement), but being called a liar when I'm not isn't as ok. Now, that doesn't mean you have to change your opinion, but i'm going to say something and ask for proof.

And now that I looked, it's hilariously ironic that I banned DDThompson for repeatedly posting the same COVID graphic over and over telling people it was a hoax. And then for fun and because he hated Wisconsin I changed his avatar to a Wisconsin logo. He's one of a very, very few people I've banned other than spam bots.

If you think I'm going to go through all of that in anticipation that you might call me out as an alt for that guy, I don't know what to tell you. :)

Well, let's move on. Seriously though, take your good points (which are there) and stay more away from the bad and we're good. When I coached HS baseball most umps loved me. I even got away with grabbing a runner trying to score from first as he tripped over 3rd. Happened right in front of the ump. Both teams were undefeated and the game was tight. I threw him back on 3rd as he tried to get up and go to home. I knew the rules, but ...

Anyway the opposing coach had been all over him the whole game. He came running out and in got in the face of the ump with me right there. The ump turned and asked me if I touched the player. He knew I did. I just turned away and he said...PLAY BALL! Btw, we won.

Deano is a pretty big optimist on Iowa sports and has a really good grasp on where Iowa sits in the pecking order of life. He's also pretty objective and rational in thought. That doesn't describe Fry at all.

Deano is a pretty big optimist on Iowa sports and has a really good grasp on where Iowa sits in the pecking order of life. He's also pretty objective and rational in thought. That doesn't describe Fry at all.
He also slowly transitioned to another site over the course of a long time.

Not on BB. Keeping Fry out of this, a narcissist or a social path is quite charming and could easily play both sides. It's also what makes good gaslighting.

Latest posts