Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

I wonder if it's completely fabricated that he spends his off time visiting the Children's Hospital? I wonder if those donated shoes are completely fabricated and actually during his off time he's burning the wings off of flies instead of practicing defense?

Look, I get not everyone is what they appear to be. Jesus, I am not an idiot. But to just assume that Jordan's a Dbag based of him being a cocky player on the basketball court is also a real big stretch. I mean, George Kittle carries himself similarly to what Jordan does when he's on the field. I've met him. Saw him wearing his hat backwards. Saw him slam beers with some frat dudes once. Totally bro'd out. Had a cut off sleeve shirt. Now, to some, that's fucking awesome, but to the same guys labeling Jbo an out of control Frat boy should now think that George Kittle is a douchebag.

Of course not. He's fucking awesome and so is Jordan, by all public accounts expect for anonymous internet dipshits or 2nd hand handed down intel
Right now you are saying that some people would think Kittle is a douche and some wouldn't. The people that are saying Bohannon is a douche are really just saying that in their opinion he's a douche. I've had preconceived notions of people in real life that I thought were douches, then I got to know them and they were pretty cool. Perhaps that would be what happened if I met Jordan. All I know now is that my preconceived notion of him (without meeting him) is he's a douche in my opinion.

I also know that the shit he supposedly did to get punched was really douchey. But cool people are guilty of doing douchey shit all the time so that one incident really doesn't say much about his overall character.

I just think your fighting a losing battle right now by trying to change people's opinion of him. Like you said, what one person thinks is douchey, another can think is cool. You're kinda trying to police people's opinions of what people think is cool and uncool right now. Your other takes in this thread make sense, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I just don't think your stance here makes any sense.

But Kittle isn't widely viewed by "anonymous internet dipshits" or those receiving 2nd hand handed down intel as a douche. I just don't understand why is illogical to think that one source is more credible than the other. It's undisputable that he's done a lot of good as you mentioned, but to use that information to disprove others that could be completely credible IMO is off base.
Says you. I don't know that Kittle isn't widely known that way. I wonder what residents of Seattle think of him and his antics? I wonder if Seahawk fans think his schtick isn't douchey? I bet there are more people the widely think George Kittle is a douchebag frat boy than the latter of people who think Jordan is. You are speaking in terms of internet rumors from anonymous posters are credible. And also, in turn saying that their opinions and judgement of character are flawless. There is not a wide group of people outside of people who don't like Iowa and Jordan Bohannon for his shortcomings that are saying this and it's an absolute small fraction of the fan base that may or may not even be Iowa fans.

Last edited:
Right now you are saying that some people would think Kittle is a douche and some wouldn't. The people that are saying Bohannon is a douche are really just saying that in their opinion he's a douche. I've had preconceived notions of people in real life that I thought were douches, then I got to know them and they were pretty cool. Perhaps that would be what happened if I met Jordan. All I know now is that my preconceived notion of him (without meeting him) is he's a douche in my opinion.

I also know that the shit he supposedly did to get punched was really douchey. But cool people are guilty of doing douchey shit all the time so that one incident really doesn't say much about his overall character.

I just think your fighting a losing battle right now by trying to change people's opinion of him. Like you said, what one person thinks is douchey, another can think is cool. You're kinda trying to police people's opinions of what people think is cool and uncool right now. Your other takes in this thread make sense, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I just don't think your stance here makes any sense.
I'm not trying to police anything. I'm just stating my line of thinking. I am not trying to do anything but offer the end of the spectrum in line of thought. By most accounts, Jordan is a pretty stand up kid. He seems to have very good character - his personality is really great on his podcast. I bet Jordan's a cocky little shit who is used to never having anything not go his way. He's probably rude, probably thinks he knows it all and has it all figured out. Weird, I don't know any other kids in their early 20's who would fit that? Come on.

and I don't want to change anyone's mind, I want them to know that just because 20 dipshits on 3 message boards in Iowa said he was an entitled douche canoe doesn't mean it's actually true, there are quite a few contradicting points that can be made that says he isn't and overwhelmingly I bet the Iowa fan base is behind Jordan.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion- I just think that there's some incredibly one sided ways of looking at this as well as some really big embellishments of the truth and I like to point those out.

Saying things like "He can't live off mommy and daddy anymore" - seriously, are you an adult? How the F do you know that? Maybe he can live off mommy and daddy for ever? Who says he is? He already got his school paid for, so in that sense, he's probably not leaning as hard on the ole rents as I'd say most everyone else who likely ever went to college. Carry on.

You are speaking in terms of internet rumors from anonymous posters are credible. And also, in turn saying that their opinions and judgement of character are flawless.

I'm saying if legit they're every bit as credible as the media outlets when the camera is running. And opinions and judgements of character don't have to be flawless, because it's all subjective as there's no specific laid out criteria to be considered a douche.

All I'm saying is voices are voices and IMO in life (not just situations like this) there's no established credibility, but there's no founded reason to say it can't be true either. To rule out anything negative said by "anonymous internet dipshits" IMO is off base, because we have absolutely no way of knowing either way. At the same time, based on the video that surfaced on social media from this weekend I take no issue with his character being questioned regardless of what good things he's done. But at the same time we're biased one way or another so obviously not seeing things from the same perspective.

But I'd also go as far to say there's very little sympathy for those "asking" for it or provoking it. I've never been in a fight in my life, but I don't go around looking for them either. Not saying anyone "deserves" it, but there's definitely those that I do not and will not feel sorry for when it happens.

Again, it’s not excusing the behavior but if what has been speculated happened I don’t feel bad for JBo and if the guy who punched him gets charged I don’t feel bad for him either. I’m just saying there is a very good chance some of our favorite players are jerks. I don’t really care to be honest.

My point is, with all the data we have that is factually true on Jordan ( I mean dudes been in the public spotlight for 6+ years now and is one of the most polarizing players in Iowa basketball history) - people who are choosing to believe all this shit are basing it off most likely completely fabricated information that's been passed down through several channels until it gets spouted out on a message board. How do we know that the dude who says JB is a douche, isn't indeed the actual douche in a scenario? We just take a random dudes opinion? What if I think the dude who's giving me the info is a douche? Who decides? Isn't that type of thing in the eye of beholder? IMO, there's so much good info out there on Jordan - I don't care either way what someone thinks of someone else - I just want to point out how flawed that ideology is.
Stop with the common sense. Falls on a lot of deaf ears.

I'm saying if legit they're every bit as credible as the media outlets when the camera is running. And opinions and judgements of character don't have to be flawless, because it's all subjective as there's no specific laid out criteria to be considered a douche.

All I'm saying is voices are voices and IMO in life (not just situations like this) there's no established credibility, but there's no founded reason to say it can't be true either. To rule out anything negative said by "anonymous internet dipshits" IMO is off base, because we have absolutely no way of knowing either way. At the same time, based on the video that surfaced on social media from this weekend I take no issue with his character being questioned regardless of what good things he's done. But at the same time we're biased one way or another so obviously not seeing things from the same perspective.
I'm not saying what anonymous people are saying isn't true - I am saying its not a credible source. You're cousin that heard he was a dick at Shields to someone in the bathroom in 2016 isn't a credible story. My sisters cousin's roommates sister saw him doing bumps of coke in 2019. Weird, where were these stories before last weekend?

he's just a polarizing figure who has had a target on his back his entire career.

I am sorry that other credible journalist that know him and his family have followed and reported on his entire career in life. Donating 24k to a Children's hospital gives him a lot of room for growth and improvement in my eyes. His leash is extended with me just knowing that stuff. He's never been arrested. He hasn't been in trouble with the law in 5 years in Iowa. Never been beat up before. Did he just decide this night he was going to start acting like this in public? Maybe. I guess, it doesn't mean he can't be a demon who does good things when the camera is rolling - but damn, if that doesn't buy you a little leeway, then it's your character that I question ya know? I mean, not you specifically - but if you are an Iowa fan and you know what you know about his career and what he's done at Iowa on and off the court.... I don't know how you get there so quickly that he's some POS person off the court now because he was assaulted on camera.

Personally I have the complete opposite reaction. This is my opinion - everyone is entitled to their own and I am not trying to change anyone's minds... just giving my thoughts.

I'm not saying what anonymous people are saying isn't true - I am saying its not a credible source. You're cousin that heard he was a dick at Shields to someone in the bathroom in 2016 isn't a credible story. My sisters cousin's roommates sister saw him doing bumps of coke in 2019. Weird, where were these stories before last weekend?

he's just a polarizing figure who has had a target on his back his entire career.

I am sorry that other credible journalist that know him and his family have followed and reported on his entire career in life. Donating 24k to a Children's hospital gives him a lot of room for growth and improvement in my eyes. His leash is extended with me just knowing that stuff. He's never been arrested. He hasn't been in trouble with the law in 5 years in Iowa. Never been beat up before. Did he just decide this night he was going to start acting like this in public? Maybe. I guess, it doesn't mean he can't be a demon who does good things when the camera is rolling - but damn, if that doesn't buy you a little leeway, then it's your character that I question ya know? I mean, not you specifically - but if you are an Iowa fan and you know what you know about his career and what he's done at Iowa on and off the court.... I don't know how you get there so quickly that he's some POS person off the court now because he was assaulted on camera.

Personally I have the complete opposite reaction. This is my opinion - everyone is entitled to their own and I am not trying to change anyone's minds... just giving my thoughts.
I don't think anyone thinks he's a POS. They just think he's a douche. It's really not a big deal to think someone's a douche. Hell, I think I'm a douche.

I think the biggest problem here is the use of the word "deserve". Maybe deserve isn't the right word. But if it's not, I can't think of the word that fits better.

Donating money from the shoes was something he kinda fell into. It was still a cool thing to do, especially if it was his idea. But I highly doubt the whole thing was staged to raise money. He did something he thought was funny, then got the shoes returned to him, then decided to sell th for charity money. Again, cool of him to do, but not something that means he's a great dude. Kinda like the Carson King deal.

Getting past the "Is JBo a douche or not" angle for a moment... Is there any update on the nature of his injury?

Last edited:
Still wondering if the guy who punched Jbo has been found? Also, one poster has a good point....if you haven't met Jbo haven't been around him, it seems unfair to call him a D Bag based on what someone else has said about him or things they claim he has done. Perhaps he's a stand up guy. I don't know I have never been around him. What would Fran say about Jbo's character?

I don't think anyone thinks he's a POS. They just think he's a douche. It's really not a big deal to think someone's a douche. Hell, I think I'm a douche.

I think the biggest problem here is the use of the word "deserve". Maybe deserve isn't the right word. But if it's not, I can't think of the word that fits better.
Unless anyone knows Jordan personally, the only way they can think he is a douche is based on heresay. I think it’s ridiculous to think Jordan is a douche just based on heresay or something somebody types on Twitter. He very well may be a douche, but personally I do not know that to be fact. So I look at him as a Hawkeye who got sucker punched. Because I don’t think any behavior deserves a sucker punch.

Donating money from the shoes was something he kinda fell into. It was still a cool thing to do, especially if it was his idea. But I highly doubt the whole thing was staged to raise money. He did something he thought was funny, then got the shoes returned to him, then decided to sell th for charity money. Again, cool of him to do, but not something that means he's a great dude. Kinda like the Carson King deal.
Fell into it or not, he did it. It counts. As a fan I thought it was cool, fun, made the rivalry more fun. He likes to talk trash. Trash talk is hoops. Excited to watch him play in Ames this season. This makes the game fun. I’ve never done anything that selfless at that scale in my life, like raise over 20k for charitable cause. It’s hard for me to call that type of person a douche, especially knowing all the other great things I’ve learned about Jordan Bohannon the last 5 seasons. And a person I’ve never met or had any interaction with except from a distance (seen him play double digit times, one time in Boji with Ryan Kriener) . One of the all time greats and a fan favorite by many. Some say their all time favorite Hawkeye. He gets knocked out, totally sucker punched and assaulted and suddenly his character is called out? I’m gonna step in that type of fight and ruffle some feathers cause that’s literally the dumbest shit

Last edited:
Fell into it or not, he did it. It counts. As a fan I thought it was cool, fun, made the rivalry more fun. He likes to talk trash. Trash is hoops. Excited to watch him play in Ames this season. This makes the game fun. I’ve never done anything that selfless at that scale in my life, like raise over 20k for charitable cause. It’s hard for me to call that type of person a douche, especially knowing all the other great things I’ve learned about Jordan Bohannon the last 5 seasons. One of the all time greats and a fan favorite by many. Some say their all time favorite Hawkeye. He gets knocked out and suddenly his character is called into play? I’m gonna step in that type of fight and ruffle some feathers
Truthfully, a lot of people have thought he comes off kinda douchey well before this.

Unless anyone knows Jordan personally, the only way they can think he is a douche is based on heresay. I think it’s ridiculous to think Jordan is a douche just based on heresay or something somebody types on Twitter. He very well may be a douche, but personally I do not know that to be fact. So I look at him as a Hawkeye who got sucker punched. Because I don’t think any behavior deserves a sucker punch.
I think he's kinda douchey based on hearing him talk. Like I said earlier tho, I've had first impressions of people before I got to know them and ended up changing my mind after getting to know them. I haven't met him and I think he seems like a douche. That opinion has nothing to do with what other people have said about him. It's his words in interviews a bit, but mostly his demeanor. Me thinking he's a douche is no big deal at all tho. Literally no one cares.

Truthfully, a lot of people have thought he comes off kinda douchey well before this.
Well yeah you can say that about pretty much every public figure of any sort from a pro athlete to the town mayor. It doesn’t make it true. You’re kind of douche if you think a kid the caliber of Jordan Bohannon is a douche, so that’s all that matters

I also don’t really trust, value or consider many opinions on here for the most part, I really just come here to point out the ridiculously stupid shit people say. Carry on losers

My buddy and I once were dripping beer on Acie Earl's head in The Union while he and his posse were dancing below. They confronted us twice saying "Man, your drippin' beer on us." It's a wonder we didn't get our asses kicked that night.

Oh, and I had nothing against Acie Earl as he's always been one of my favorites. Stupid shit you do as a youngster and now regret.

Acie, if you are reading this, that was me that night! Sorry Bro.
Its a wonder he didn't reject your beer cup into the balcony.

I personally like Jordan's attitude on the court

He infuriates the opponents, gets way into their heads

Connor does also

Both are adept at psychological warfare

I really don't give a Fiddlers F what Jordan does on social media or anywhere
else other than the basketball court

Couldn't matter less to me what he does in his spare time

I have filed an application to be Jordan's Cornerman

mistakenforamistake.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Last edited:

Latest posts