CJ Fredrick Addresses Tampering Charge Against Kentucky

2:55 watch those eyes hmmm, also listen to the quiver in his voice as he finishes that statement and listen to the ahhh he is very uneasy

Why would he even talk about this anymore? Who is giving him advice. Let a sleeping dog lie. Needs to be coached by Crash Davis. "Happy to be here, just want to help the team win." "Loved my time with the Hawks." It's easy.

It’s basketball and these things happen. When Indiana lost one of their best players to us in Luke Recker were we all taking about him being a trader? Yes, the Indiana fans were very upset. I lived in Indiana at the time that went down. At work that day all the Indiana faithful were deeply distressed. I had to control myself from falling out of my chair laughing during lunch break. He was their golden child and they talked about him all the time during lunch breaks until he decided to transfer and decided to be a black and golden child for Iowa. Lol, I still laugh about it even today. At the time the Indiana faithful thought they were gods gift to college basketball.

No one likes to lose a good player. If it was one of our bench warmer players would people be feeling this way. Nope.

Since he is out of the conference good luck to him. We just need to move on and find a better player to replace him. I think we have a very rough season a head of us. If Joe W decides to return that would help give me some hope, but if he doesn’t, well it’s not going to be pretty.

Still I get where people are coming from.

“I just wanted something new. I felt like it was best for me and my career to make this move and just develop more as a player, as a teammate, a person.”

Just develop more? So Fran doesn’t cut it as a coach I guess.

Develop more as a teammate? What? Are the Iowa teammates lepers or something? Also CJ would have been a main piston on the team and starting and playing in one of the premier conferences in college basketball.

Kid probably always wanted to play for Kentucky. He is the fat chick that lost eighty pounds and now people want to date her.

I think that would be a fair assessment of the whole situation. I understand why it irritates people. I think it would have been more acceptable for others if he had just admitted he was once that fat chick, but he has lost the weight and is more desirable and is moving on.

Last edited:
Nobody is buying that BS he spewed I hope. I don't expect him to be honest about the tampering that most likely happened. That'd make him ridiculously stupid. But what I'd be most interested in knowing is what did he last say to Fran the week leading up to Frans press conference?

At that time Fran said he was just about recovered from his injury and less then a week or so from being good practice 100%. Then like 4 or 5 days later after that he bailed. So what all was said between them leading up to that and then right after? Because that's what lead to Frans curse public announcement for him leaving and then the PSA about when schools can contact players about kids jumping in the portal.

The dog and pony show he put on dragging out where he was going and acting like he had a list of other options was just that a dog and pony show. This was a done deal as early as Feb or early March that he was going to UK. So as far as I'm concerned he and Calipari deserve each other. That lack of integrity and strait up dishonesty is BS. And lets not forget it wasn't just Fran and the staff he was being dishonest with but his teammates too. I don't wish ill upon the kid but I sure as hell won't be rooting for him like I will be Nunge.

Nobody is buying that BS he spewed I hope. I don't expect him to be honest about the tampering that most likely happened. That'd make him ridiculously stupid. But what I'd be most interested in knowing is what did he last say to Fran the week leading up to Frans press conference?

At that time Fran said he was just about recovered from his injury and less then a week or so from being good practice 100%. Then like 4 or 5 days later after that he bailed. So what all was said between them leading up to that and then right after? Because that's what lead to Frans curse public announcement for him leaving and then the PSA about when schools can contact players about kids jumping in the portal.

The dog and pony show he put on dragging out where he was going and acting like he had a list of other options was just that a dog and pony show. This was a done deal as early as Feb or early March that he was going to UK. So as far as I'm concerned he and Calipari deserve each other. That lack of integrity and strait up dishonesty is BS. And lets not forget it wasn't just Fran and the staff he was being dishonest with but his teammates too. I don't wish ill upon the kid but I sure as hell won't be rooting for him like I will be Nunge.
I'd bet my house that CJ didn't say shit to him. He doesn't seem like the kind of kid that has the balls to talk about it like a man. Probably had his uncle email Fran.

I'd bet my house that CJ didn't say shit to him. He doesn't seem like the kind of kid that has the balls to talk about it like a man. Probably had his uncle email Fran.
I just wish someone in the media coulda asked him about it. If you thought he was squirming a little over denying tampering put him on the spot with that. Fran has to be the adult and not totally put the kid on blast and call him out because as true as it is it wouldn't paint him in a good light either calling a kid a liar. What Fran did was perfect. Those of us that get it get it.

I think he's being honest when he says he had no contact with Kentucky, or anyone else. What I have not seen is, has his uncle denied ever having talked to someone? I think that is how it went down. That way CJ can honestly say he was not tampered with.

It's the same thing as a coach denying he ever talked to School A or B when he gets questioned about coaching rumors, then ends up getting the head coaching position there a week later after his agent worked out the details behind the scene.

I just wish someone in the media coulda asked him about it. If you thought he was squirming a little over denying tampering put him on the spot with that. Fran has to be the adult and not totally put the kid on blast and call him out because as true as it is it wouldn't paint him in a good light either calling a kid a liar. What Fran did was perfect. Those of us that get it get it.
Yeah, time for both parties to move on (which I'm sure they have). Just no well-wishes from me.

Similar to Moss leaving, I'm sure he will be a small role player coming off the bench and we won't hear his name again unless we go looking for it.