CJF Signs with Kentucky

I’ll be rooting for CJ. Fun to watch and pull for. Good for him if playing for Kentucky was his real dream.
Iowa would be better with but not that much.
I say give him a break- we all need to make tough decisions. No one got hurt.

I’ll be rooting for CJ. Fun to watch and pull for. Good for him if playing for Kentucky was his real dream.
Iowa would be better with but not that much.
I say give him a break- we all need to make tough decisions. No one got hurt.

I don't think its the decision he made, but the way he went about making the decision that bothers most.

How is that? There is no easy way to break off a relationship.

I'd think it would be much easier to break off the relationship on good terms and civilly rather than getting family members involved and that little issue as to whether tampering was involved. Kid's transfer all the time and those that do it with class like Nunge did rarely see this sort of criticism. Those that don't deserve everything they get on their way out. The issue isn't so much that he left its how.

So, those in the know, did CJ directly lie to Fran about his true intentions? Is that the word on the street?

I'd think it would be much easier to break off the relationship on good terms and civilly rather than getting family members involved and that little issue as to whether tampering was involved. Kid's transfer all the time and those that do it with class like Nunge did rarely see this sort of criticism. Those that don't deserve everything they get on their way out. The issue isn't so much that he left its how.
Just discussing. Nunge wasn't playing in the end.

This^

I daresay losing Nunge hurt the team a lot worse than losing CJF. But how and why is all the difference. Well said.

And yes, I realize that the Nunge injury left him out of a lot more games than CJ's, but I can't help wondering what could have been had he not sustained the injury. I think Nunge's injury had a much more profound effect than CJ's absence.

I think this does make some sense for Fran to look for. Look at Juzang at Kentucky going to UCLA. I don't know if he left because of playing time or closer to home. The weird thing is even blue bloods are losing people who got playing time. 5 star guys.

Ulis played 2 years and went pro at Kentucky. He always had playing time. I still get your point though.
My bad I thought I read an article where his first year he struggled, maybe it was another player.

CJ was injury prone. The guy was flirting with a walking cast every time he stepped on the court. An increase in minutes would have led to additional injuries and fewer games played. How do you increase the minutes of a guy that can't stay/get healthy?
This definitely was an issue for him. I do t think transferring to Kentucky is going to help resolve this issue either.

My main point is that he felt unhappy with being here at Iowa. I like many feel some displeasure with a lack of loyalty toward Fran who brought him in and gave him a chance at playing in power five program. Where was Kentucky when this kid was playing in high school?

None the less we really could hav used him next season with his long shot ability and his aggressiveness to attack the rim. The team is not physically better because he left........... at least not yet.

I'm not saying this about you because I don't know your employment situation and there's nothing wrong with always looking for the next best thing especially if you're in a terrible job or getting sub market pay. But what people have to realize is that a significant chunk of the population are star fuckers and prestige whores. I recruited and hired dozens of people up in Chicago right out of school. The jobs are basically fungible, the pay identical across the board. Lockstep pretty much everywhere for 7 or 8 years. And at least half the people would work for a year or two, get training, and cut the F out to just go basically across the street. No more pay, pretty much the same job. Their response was always "well, xyz is higher ranked" or "more prestigious." It's seriously un-fucking-real. It was always the same type - didn't meet the GPA cutoff or had a bad interview or whatever and then as soon as they had a year or two in, gone. Motherfucker, those assholes DID NOT WANT YOU 2 years ago in the recruiting cycle and now that they had a bunch of people quit because the job sucks worse there than here they need bodies and you're just gonna bounce? It was so fucking annoying.

There's just nothing you can do about it. If someone is a star fucker, they're gonna leave as soon as they find their star.

Love it when you say MotherFucker, Ken

I think Rebraca was a good get. And Fran definitely has to fulfill immediate needs via the Portal from time to time.

But I don’t think there will be 5 players a year that would consider Iowa and have an immediate impact. Eliminate those that will disrupt team chemistry and it’s slim pickings.

I like that Rebraca didn’t leave because of being disgruntled, etc. He only left because he couldn’t play there as a post grad student. We don’t need problems.

Stay loyal to the HS kids and more may come. I hope. We don’t have booster cash, year round warm temperatures, etc. But we can offer loyalty, player development, commitment, etc. Carve out a niche...

I have a feeling that Riley will be a solid replacement for Robbins

He will fit in quite well with The Twins and Patrick running the floor

The funny thing is, the blue bloods are listening to the mid pack teams like Iowa complaining that they'll lose their best players after only 1 or 2 seasons and going, "yup, that's how college basketball works".

Teams don't have to play the Hawks honestly as we have few players the D has to worry much about. Play CJ tight and he gets hurt more. More stress on the body. Sort of like this. When Band of Brothers came out people raved about how few casualties Easy Co had compared to others. Actually they had the fewest amount of casualties of any rifle co in the 101 among paratroopers and gliders (the gliders if you take out parachute deaths). Reason? E 506 had the fewest contact with the enemy. Play CJ physical and he's going to get hurt. Teams can afford to play him physical as CF is not a threat to shoot or drive and overall team speed is bad. Also they can play up on him physically as he's not quick. Put him on a quick balanced team and CJ will possibly shine and not get hurt so much.
I get where you're going with your logic, but I don't think CJ's injuries really had anything to do with physical defense.

Latest posts