The Veteran Starting Line-up?

NorthKCHawk

The most likely starting line-up would be one of the most experienced teams in terms of starts in the conference.

JT: Nearly one full season as the starting PG and a year as the backup. Junior
JBO: Most starts since the Bible starting tracking such things. Red Shirt Doctoral Candidate.
CMAC: Two year starter. 4th year in the program
Keegan: A handful of starts last season and played starters minutes a good deal of time last season.
FR: Two year starter in the Summit, which is not a terrible second tier conference. 4th year playing D1 college ball.

That is a lot of collegiate starting experience. And, our most talented player is the least experienced and has the most upside.

Like many, I think the better starting line-up substitutes the younger McCaffrey into the line-up and uses Conner as the experienced 6th man who can play 4 positions. What a luxury off the bench.

You could talk me into getting excited about this starting 5, with some developing raw talent coming off the bench.

I hope this is a transition year, but with JBO finally finally being done, talk about Keegan potentially going pro after next year, and possible transfers, who the hell knows what 2022-23 will look like.

Does anyone know if Rebracca is planning to stay two years?

I hope this is a transition year, but with JBO finally finally being done, talk about Keegan potentially going pro after next year, and possible transfers, who the hell knows what 2022-23 will look like.

Does anyone know if Rebracca is planning to stay two years?
Gee, thanks! I needed to be reminded of the chaotic, disorganized future for college basketball with a Hawkeye example. Damn. I think I’ll go take a nap. Now I’ll go find my Valium supply...

Ya know, the "chaotic, disorganized future for college basketball" is kinda like what the one and done blue bloods (see: Kentucky) face year in and year out. Of course, the difference is because the springboard at Ky is straight to the pros, where ours is just a tad different. Either way, HuckFinn, your advice is probably best- valium and a nap................

Yes it is depressing. All those streaks of playing in the Big Ten Tournament championship on Sundays and all those sweet sixteens we have repeatedly been to over the last decade. All this could be in jeopardy. ;(

Okay, I will go all optimistic on everyone now.

I don't think Keegan will jump to the NBA and leave his twin behind so quickly. Not that there is a likely scenario where both go to the NBA together, I just think they will like playing on the floor together this season and want at least another season to play together. The NBA dream can wait at least a year, and maybe he improves his draft stock.

Kris is reported to be near as good as his brother. This team slowly evolves into the Murray Twins team, with Patrick as the third member of the talented trio.

JT settles in for his senior year with dreams of the NBA himself, and becomes the best PG in the Big 10.

Everyone else develops on schedule and returns. We pick up a dead eye three point shooter out of the portal to replace the 32 year old Bohannon. 2022 looks bright!

I don't think Keegan will jump to the NBA and leave his twin behind so quickly. Not that there is a likely scenario where both go to the NBA together, I just think they will like playing on the floor together this season and want at least another season to play together. The NBA dream can wait at least a year, and maybe he improves his draft stock.

Kris is reported to be near as good as his brother. This team slowly evolves into the Murray Twins team, with Patrick as the third member of the talented trio.

JT settles in for his senior year with dreams of the NBA himself, and becomes the best PG in the Big 10.

Everyone else develops on schedule and returns. We pick up a dead eye three point shooter out of the portal to replace the 32 year old Bohannon. 2022 looks bright!
Thirty-two year old Bohannon. LMAO!

One of the things that makes me wonder about JT is what's the most amount of mins he's played in a game so far? He plays so hard and so fast that I wonder to what extent playing significantly more would affect that. Assume he is playing well and not turning it over I just wonder at what point would he slow down some. Energy guys sometimes have a line in the sand of when their play can be affected. Baer used to be kinda like that.

One of the things that makes me wonder about JT is what's the most amount of mins he's played in a game so far? He plays so hard and so fast that I wonder to what extent playing significantly more would affect that. Assume he is playing well and not turning it over I just wonder at what point would he slow down some. Energy guys sometimes have a line in the sand of when their play can be affected. Baer used to be kinda like that.

Luckily, we have Ulis backing him up. I imagine minutes will be shared between them which, hopefully, keeps them fresh.

Luckily, we have Ulis backing him up. I imagine minutes will be shared between them which, hopefully, keeps them fresh.
Kinda like defensive lineman. I'd rather have these guys playing less mins if it means they are fresher and able to play at their hardest while they are in there. That kid is an effort guy it's probably hard for him to try and throttle it down to save energy out there. It'll be fun to see how things go. I like Uliss too and look forward to seeing more of him too

I envision JT ideally getting 25+ minutes and Uhlis getting 15ish. Although not likely, they can be on the floor at the same time as I think Uhlis can play the 2.

The one thing to remember is JT is aggressive on D and gets in foul trouble. Those numbers could flip if JT picks up two early fouls in the first half. We absolutely need Uhlis ready to play 25 minutes and play it well in a given game.

I agree with everyone's thoughts about keeping them fresh, but JT is a machine. New York kids don't get tired, they get angry.....

My opinion- seems like JT can be a bit fast coming down the court- have seen a lot of TO's by losing control. If he would take a bit of time to think through the opportunity, then blow past the defenders when finishing, could be more effective perhaps? Hell, he may need to slow down a bit just so JBo can catch up and get set for the 3 ball................I am not knocking either, mind you, but it seems like those two need to be in sync a bit more. Just a thought.

My mindset moving forward is to focus strictly on the current or upcoming season. Looking beyond that with the annual unknowns is a waste of time IMO.

I think this team is a solid bubble level team right now. If Ulis, Perkins and Kris are what I think they are we’re safely in. If they need another year it will be touch and go.

Also, I am resigned to the fact we have to be safely in entering the BTT. I believe Fran has a better NCAA win percentage than BTT win percentage. Someone can fact check that if they wish.

My mindset moving forward is to focus strictly on the current or upcoming season. Looking beyond that with the annual unknowns is a waste of time IMO.

I think this team is a solid bubble level team right now. If Ulis, Perkins and Kris are what I think they are we’re safely in. If they need another year it will be touch and go.

Also, I am resigned to the fact we have to be safely in entering the BTT. I believe Fran has a better NCAA win percentage than BTT win percentage. Someone can fact check that if they wish.

The term "solid bubble team" is an oxymoron.

Why do we need to find a replacement for Bohannon? We can just find a loophole to get him a 7th year.

I envision JT ideally getting 25+ minutes and Uhlis getting 15ish. Although not likely, they can be on the floor at the same time as I think Uhlis can play the 2.

The one thing to remember is JT is aggressive on D and gets in foul trouble. Those numbers could flip if JT picks up two early fouls in the first half. We absolutely need Uhlis ready to play 25 minutes and play it well in a given game.

I agree with everyone's thoughts about keeping them fresh, but JT is a machine. New York kids don't get tired, they get angry.....

You talking about JoeT

b3ta.com board