Iowa Basketball lands Filip Rebraca Commitment

So what is the Uncle situation like with this kid?:)

In all seriousness, is he Keegan's backup at the 4 or do you play him next to Keegan at the 5? From what I have read and the highlights I have watched he is a stretch 4.

Rebraca/Mulvey/Ogundele
Ke. Murray
Patrick MaCaffery
Uhlis/JoeT
Perkins

As of now, is that the projected starting lineup? Conner is coming back so I am not sure what to do with him. He could replace his brother in the starting lineup or he could be the starting point guard....who knows.

Grabbing Rebraca doesn't fix everything, but it is a good starting point. Rebraca, Ke. Murray, and Sandfort are your shooters. Hopefully, Kris is in that mix as well. Anybody in the portal, not named CJ, that can give you long range shooting?

When the temporary gift of 2 years of eligibility is finished, how much impact will that have on the number of players who enter the portal? Would love to hear some thoughts.

When the temporary gift of 2 years of eligibility is finished, how much impact will that have on the number of players who enter the portal? Would love to hear some thoughts.

Obviously, less players, but I think the landscape as changed. I imagine more than in the past, and I could see a lawsuit coming to eliminate the one year wait for player, which, of course, opens it up again.

Just my take in a run on sentence.

Good news! Welcome to Hawkeye hoops young fella!

Looking better in the lane now lads! He's a rim protector too.

It’s nice to have an upperclassman with a lot of experience. I also like that he’s not just jumping ship on his previous school. He can’t play there. So of course he’s going elsewhere.

As is Mulvey. I think Ogundele is more of a rim wrecker.
Been watching video of Mulvey. He may get some minutes, but a long ways from Big10 ready. Two things I like about his game...and remember this kid is young, and a project.
When he gets the ball, he keeps it high, off rebounds or passes in the post. Tough to teach, big men have a tendency to bring the ball down...also when he rebounds or gets the ball in traffic defensively, he is quick to outlet to get the transition game going. Other than that, don't see him being an answer until he matures. He looks like a baby...not knocking him, hopefully he's a quick learner. He's coming in young to a man's league.

Bohnenkamp commented in a recent podcast that Rebraca is a tough in-your-face type player with a bit of an attitude. He‘s seen him play in person.

Glad to hear this. He seems legit and has size with outside shooting.

I think our press this next year could be a problem for some teams. Our defense is going to need to create some baskets.