CJ Fredrick Expected to Enter Transfer Portal

Oh crap!!! He was a vital piece moving forward. I would think this could possible affect Joe W’s decision also.

Why do I visualize a sinking ship and rats jumping over board?

Well for sure this will really stir up curiosity going into next season. Expectations will surely drop though.

Well, now I guess I want Bohannon to come back. Without him, we do not have a three point threat. That hurt to type.....

Can Caitlin Clark play for both the women's and men's teams? She is now the best 3-point shooter in Iowa City.
She's 6'0 right? I mean she can't be all that worse of a defender then what JBo is? That whole playing with a mens ball instead of a womens ball may take her some getting used to though...

I'm kidding just stirring the pot. Today sucks so just trying to add some levity

Listening to KY sport's media podcast this afternoon.....

Little doubt in their mind that he is Kentucky bound and that will be announced soon. Believe Fredrick had made up his mind for KY prior to declaring and that there was no tampering involved but it's not that difficult to qualify interest from other programs as a player as "somebody always knows somebody" if you're talented and are considering moving on. There will be a scholarship available for Fredrick......already determined.

Main reason they are reporting for his departure from Iowa was he just missed being closer to home.

Sounds like this thing has been wired to happen for quite some time. Reading into it here but the communication between Fredrick and Fran has been less than upfront on this move from the player's side. It sure has that appearance anyway.

This REALLY sucks the optimism out of next season.

My guess is a combination of things brought this about. He had to be frustrated as crap and probably depressed being injured again. Then his buddy Nunge leaves. He loses a friend and a major piece of next year's success puzzle. Some little birdie whistles in his ear his home state Wildcats may just have a spot with his name on it, just in case... He thinks wow, I can go home and play on another highly ranked team versus a rebuild with question marks. He takes the upgrade.

Gonna miss that sweet stroke. Not gonna bash him, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, he seems like a decent kid.

Blame this on the dipshits that made the new rule. Ruining lots of teams.

What is the new transfer rule?
NCAA removed the requirement to sit out a year after transferring. You can now transfer anywhere and play immediately. Essentially free agency for college kids, only better because none of them are bound by contracts. At last count over 30% of all D-1 BBall players were in the portal.

Listening to KY sport's media podcast this afternoon.....

Little doubt in their mind that he is Kentucky bound and that will be announced soon. Believe Fredrick had made up his mind for KY prior to declaring and that there was no tampering involved but it's not that difficult to qualify interest from other programs as a player as "somebody always knows somebody" if you're talented and are considering moving on. There will be a scholarship available for Fredrick......already determined.

Main reason they are reporting for his departure from Iowa was he just missed being closer to home.

Sounds like this thing has been wired to happen for quite some time. Reading into it here but the communication between Fredrick and Fran has been less than upfront on this move from the player's side. It sure has that appearance anyway.
My suspicion is he didn’t tell Fran (or his teammates) anything. CJ was one of my favorites. Now...Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

While I'm disappointed that CJ is leaving, it's free agency for the players. If some coach or his lackey offers you assorted benefits to leave, most will take it,

It is sad about cj leaving.i wonder what happened all I can Say good luck to him. I hope same day cj and Fran can work it out. Fran is friend with the family.

Ditto...only more than a little. Just man up and say you’re leaving. Don’t go do it in the shadows. Fran usually gets high character guys.
It was probably a situation where it wasn't a done deal yet and he didn't want to say anything until it was a done deal. It's hard to blame someone for that. What is easy to blame him for is having no loyalty to his teammates. That's something that bugs the sgit out of me. I could never ditch out on my team.

welp, my optimism for next season just went out the window. Too bad the window wasn't open, it's shattered now.