Iowa Football's Josiah Miamen Arrested

When does the Fulmer Cup start? This should be a doozy on the Ellis T. Jones award for individual achievement.

When does the Fulmer Cup start? This should be a doozy on the Ellis T. Jones award for individual achievement.
I wouldn't jump the gun on that one. A moderate length list of minor and minor based offenses. He will plea down to one or two misdemeanors.

This will be a big nothingburger as long as it does not make him want to transfer.

To do that during camp during your 2nd yr on campus is pretty stupid.... It's stupid no matter what but dude should more then know better. I'm sure they are preached to incessantly about minding their Ps and Qs.

Problem is if you come down too hard on the kid and he's a great talent he'll just bail. Slap his wrist too lightly and what's that do? Coaches have to walk that line that didn't used to be there nowadays.

Not a good way to climb the depth chart, that's for sure. Some poor choices here but at least he wasn't behind the wheel. We've all been 19 years old, hard for me to come down too hard on the kid.

He’s got a freshman ahead of him on the depth chart and LaPorta has two more years unless he transfers, pretty safe to say he wasn’t going to be seeing much PT anyway. This will definitely knock him down a few pegs.

And he’s damn lucky the bouncer didn’t press assault charges. In a lot of places even with simple assault you can’t own a gun, get certain jobs, and lots of other shit that’ll stick with your whole life.

And he’s damn lucky the bouncer didn’t press assault charges. In a lot of places even with simple assault you can’t own a gun, get certain jobs, and lots of other shit that’ll stick with your whole life.
I'm guessing that pressing charges against a UofI athlete would have a negative impact on that establishment's business going forward.

His mother manages a truck stop in Stockton IL (about 45 miles east of Dubuque) and my wife just saw her yesterday and Carmen didn't say a word about it.

I see the mother occasionally myself when I deliver to that business.

Glad to know he was social distancing down at Elray's Live and Dive.

Looking out for his teammates during spring practice. Nuttin like a 4th stringer bringing the bug into the football complex.

Glad to know he was social distancing down at Elray's Live and Dive.

Looking out for his teammates during spring practice. Nuttin like a 4th stringer bringing the bug into the football complex.
I'm sure he was alone there, not with a bunch of other players.
Because if I remember correctly from my time in IC, football players never go out in large groups and you never saw starters out after sun down....

His mother manages a truck stop in Stockton IL (about 45 miles east of Dubuque) and my wife just saw her yesterday and Carmen didn't say a word about it.

I see the mother occasionally myself when I deliver to that business.
Must be thinking of the wrong player. His mom is listed as a Melinda Doty from Peoria and she's got lots of posts about her kid on twitter.

I'm sure he was alone there, not with a bunch of other players.
Because if I remember correctly from my time in IC, football players never go out in large groups and you never saw starters out after sun down....

You were in college in 1918???? Wow.

You obviously didn't get the point of the post.