How severe punishment for Gard’s comments about refs?

The last 1:08 took 24 minutes in real time last night. No one could possibly get any momentum...it's ridiculous.

The NCAA tournament is going to be ridiculous this year, isn't it? I suspect there will be a lot of games that take 20+ minutes to play the last 2 minutes.

The NCAA tournament is going to be ridiculous this year, isn't it? I suspect there will be a lot of games that take 20+ minutes to play the last 2 minutes.
Hopefully what Gard did yesterday (re: game stoppages, not Davison) will rattle the cage at the NCAA but I wouldn’t count on it

what I don’t get is why the foul on Keegan at all if he was held on the hook and hold. That’s what made the call strange to me.

Keegan's foul call was phantom , non-existent but it was called. So you cant erase the bad keegan foul call but then the hook and hold happened just after that whistle.

Those refs were pretty bad, even terrible.

Davidson cost his team a chance at winning a couple years ago when he hooked Connor's leg trying to draw a foul. Against Illinois he reached up and pulled Cockburn's arm into his and started pointing at the refs for a hook and hold. They reviewed the play and correctly called it on Davidson. The guy is an idiot. It's like he forgets the refs can rewatch the play.

You're a HS coach...can you and I agree that any officials wearing shorts during a contest in any sport should serve two weeks in jail, be permanently banned from whatever sport it is they work, and be fined $1,000 towards a fund that goes to pay for pants of new officials?
HAHAHA! I would agree with that. Worst I've seen is a ref that wore black jeans and cowboy boots for a JH basketball game. It was the only time we've had him, but he was honestly the best ref we had all year.

I've run into so many bad officials over the years that I'm kind of numb to bad calls. That's why I have trouble with booth reviews (I'm sure I'm in the minority). No computerize strike zone, no reviews, etc. Just play the damn game. We all make mistakes. Get over it and move on.

And while you're at it, get off my damn lawn!

It did make me late for 5th grade volleyball. So there's that.
My kid wrestled this year and last, but he didn't like it. He did it mainly because his buddies wrestled and he isn't very good. I don't know if you've ever been to a MS wrestling meet but for me it's basically, drive an hour, sit at a meet for 5 hours and watch your kid wrestle two matches for a total of 37 seconds and get pinned twice, drive an hour back home, then wait another hour till the bus gets back to town and go back out to pick him up.

I'm really glad he did it just for the experience, and the physical confrontation in front of a gym full of people is awesome for your self confidence and learning to deal with adversity....

But I will NEVER go to another MS meet as long as I live unless my grandkid does. They're even worse than track meets.

Brad Davidson created his image through previous dirty play. Guess what...if he does dirty and borderline stuff for three years...he's going to get a rep. The reality is he did the hook and hold to try and get a foul. He's programmed to do that...it's the way he plays.

I watched two Wisconsin games a week ago...in the two games...Davidson had three plays reviewed for elbows. Two were of the variety where he goes to the basket and clears with the off arm. I think one was called a flagrant 1. The point is that he's doing it on purpose. I'm not saying others don't clear, but he's the one making contact to the face.

He pushes the envelope...and when he does that...sometimes you get burned.

Their coach needs to shut his pie hole. Hearing Wisconsin talk about the officiating is rich...we have constantly gotten homered on their floor. Everyone is complaining about the Davidson play...well...why is no one talking about the tie up with Bohannon the play before...the Wisconsin play never had his hands on the ball...not once. How is that a tie up and not a no call or foul?
Couldn't agree more. I went back and slowed it down - JBo had his wrist and arms hit THREE TIMES and not once was the ball even touched...yet it's was a held/jump-ball?? Inexcusable for D-I ref to miss that, especially at the critical time as game was on the line. Oh well, we survived!

My kid had a JH track meet 2 years ago and ran in 1 event because there were 2,345 kids on his team (and he's slow like his dad). Sat around for most of the meet waiting for his event.

1st heat--"He must be in the next heat."
2nd heat--"Not this one either? Must be a ton of heats."
3rd heat--"The kids are getting faster and he isn't. He's gonna get embarrassed."
"What? That was the last heat? That little shit missed his race and we sat here watching this shit show. Well, at least we have other kids."

My kid had a JH track meet 2 years ago and ran in 1 event because there were 2,345 kids on his team (and he's slow like his dad). Sat around for most of the meet waiting for his event.

1st heat--"He must be in the next heat."
2nd heat--"Not this one either? Must be a ton of heats."
3rd heat--"The kids are getting faster and he isn't. He's gonna get embarrassed."
"What? That was the last heat? That little shit missed his race and we sat here watching this shit show. Well, at least we have other kids."
Mine is 14 and I haven't missed an athletic event or activity his entire life (my job is crazy flexible about that stuff), but I did tell him, "Son, I'm not going to your track meets." He's only going out because our football coach requires it and he doesn't give a shit.

Side note, and this has probably already been thought about......

I think a guy could make a pile of money developing a mobile app that would stream track meets (most every school has camera setups on the press box and around the field for football), but also send you alerts when a certain competitor is about to start. Like, you could be home, at work, or out and about (anything is better than actually going to a track meet in person), and your phone would beep telling you, "Little Timmy is starting the 100m hurdles in 3:00" or whatever. Then you could watch the race, and when it's over go back about your business till his or her next event starts. Sell that shit to schools, charge them $.50 per viewer or $100 per event or something. I'd pay a buck or two for that so I didn't have to sit through a whole meet waiting for one event.

All they'd have to do is have someone enter participants which they have to do anyway, and enter into the app when events are finished and starting. There are always 40 old retired dudes working those things anyway, give one of 'em an iPad to run.

Brad Davidson created his image through previous dirty play. Guess what...if he does dirty and borderline stuff for three years...he's going to get a rep. The reality is he did the hook and hold to try and get a foul. He's programmed to do that...it's the way he plays.

I watched two Wisconsin games a week ago...in the two games...Davidson had three plays reviewed for elbows. Two were of the variety where he goes to the basket and clears with the off arm. I think one was called a flagrant 1. The point is that he's doing it on purpose. I'm not saying others don't clear, but he's the one making contact to the face.

He pushes the envelope...and when he does that...sometimes you get burned.

Their coach needs to shut his pie hole. Hearing Wisconsin talk about the officiating is rich...we have constantly gotten homered on their floor. Everyone is complaining about the Davidson play...well...why is no one talking about the tie up with Bohannon the play before...the Wisconsin play never had his hands on the ball...not once. How is that a tie up and not a no call or foul?

To hear Gard talk about his poor mistreated player, I am almost expecting Davison to walk across Lake Mendota and then turn the water into wine.............

To hear Gard talk about his poor mistreated player, I am almost expecting Davison to walk across Lake Mendota and then turn the water into wine.............
He could do it right now. Mendota is probably a two foot thick sheet of ice...

As for all these monitor reviews, I wonder if they could wait until the media timeouts to review them. Of course a fifth foul could be on the line, and a player who otherwise would be shooting free throws could foul out by the time a media timeout came along. But 24 minutes of real time for 1:08 of real-time is too much. I had to get over to the baggage carousel for crissakes and I wasn't budging from the TV at the airport until the ga,e was over.

I think he should the NCAA should pay him. The refs were terrible. A lot of national talking heads (Bilas, etc) were ripping on the refs because of all of the stoppages (and length of them) and they still missed calls. Even though most of the calls went Iowa's way, I was still cussing at my TV. They either couldn't hear me or they didn't care what I had to say.
Lol, I get the same silent treatment.

I like that. Can your wife come on here and comment in game threads?
She's got kind of a foul mouth when it come to watching the Hawks. Some of you guys probably aren't old enough to hear some of the things she says. ;)

Honestly though, she'd never last. She'd get shouted down by so many. She knows more about basketball than anyone I've ever met. She was an all-American in college and coached in college and then at a 4A school (before there were 5 classes) before I ruined her life...I mean married her. When we talk basketball, she has to dumb it way down. Seriously. So no, she wouldn't last. Too many that know it all. ;)

Latest posts