Message options not showing up

99topdawg

Since the switch over to the new format, the options bar above the message box has not been there for me (insert image, quote, etc). Sometimes I'm able to hover over them with my cursor and other times not. I've tried all the web browsers I have. Just curious the reason or if anyone else has this problem.

I think you probably have the rich text editor toggled off. I've done it by accident before.

Click here:

Capture.jpg

Then click here:

capture1.jpg

This is what I see before I do that (one browser). I am not able to even hover in a different browser. Is this what yours looked like before your rich text was off? I'm not able to get it to work. Sorry.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 1.27.24 PM.png

This is what I see before I do that (one browser). I am not able to even hover in a different browser. Is this what yours looked like before your rich text was off? I'm not able to get it to work. Sorry.

View attachment 7359
I had this problem a couple weeks ago where nothing would show up. After closing my browser, deleting the cache, and going to the site fresh, it worked again. No idea what the problem was, but you could give that a try.

View attachment 7359
I had this problem a couple weeks ago where nothing would show up. After closing my browser, deleting the cache, and going to the site fresh, it worked again. No idea what the problem was, but you could give that a try.
I haven't seen that one before. I'm not heavy into the tech side of things, I'll do some checking around tonight with the guy who does the site maintenance and see if he's got any suggestions. Maybe try @Chickenlounge 's suggestion in the meantime.

I'll try clearing my cache and seeing if that works. Thanks for the help. An old man really appreciates it.

Thanks for the help. I cleared my cache but it didn't help. I do appreciate the help. Thanks!

Unrelated to this topic, but I've noticed there isn't a page button at the top like there used to be. If you want to get to a different page in the thread, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Not a huge deal but it's a bit annoying. Any chance it can be added to the top?

Thanks for the help. I cleared my cache but it didn't help. I do appreciate the help. Thanks!
Do you have any other browsers installed you could try it on? Firefox? Chrome? Chromium? Brave? MS Edge?

Did you recently install an ad-blocker or anything like that? Sometimes those can inadvertently block things like this.

Do you have any other browsers installed you could try it on? Firefox? Chrome? Chromium? Brave? MS Edge?

Did you recently install an ad-blocker or anything like that? Sometimes those can inadvertently block things like this.
I have Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. I've tried it on all and do not have an adblocker.

The only thing I haven't tried is a new computer and checking any new extensions I've added. It's not a huge deal, but it is kind of annoying.