With Iowa absolutely mowing down every team in their way unlike other teams in this state

How big of favorites are we for Tuesday night?
We've definitely taken care of business but these were 3 bad teams we've played. I honestly don't know what to expect against UNC. I'd imagine we'll be favored but probably only by 3 or 4.

How big of favorites are we for Tuesday night?
This will be the first test of the season, these first three teams are beyond dumpster fires and I don’t think you can glean anything from them.

Fran mentioned in the presser last night that UNC has 3 guys at 6’11” who play physical, my guess is we’re going to see Garza and Nunge on the floor together quite a bit, which means they’re going to really gonna try and push foul trouble. Luka and Fran obviously know that him staying out of foul trouble is imperative to this season going well, so we’ll see how it goes. The other thing I see is they just lost to Texas, might be tough to do that to them twice in a row. And Bohannon needs to figure himself out at some point, he’s playing like he just got shot with a tranq dart.

Win these next three and we’re legit #2 in the country. Beat Zaga and, well, I don’t know what to say other than this is the best all around Hawkeye team in history.

Iowa definitely has a target on its back, especially by the blue blood programs who won’t give us any respect.

Watching the last 2 1st halves, I really wish it wasn't all Garza. These games are to use different combinations, looks, etc. By the 2nd half, the intensity is gone. Can't sit Garza, because he needs to get minutes. They could certainly put restrictions on him (you can't shoot unless...). It feels like UNC will be our 1st game, which is why they worry me. That and the fact that they have a much bigger salary cap than us. Sorry for the rant, but I coach JH basketball, so I know what I'm talking about. I know I'm I'm nitpicking about being a deep team that is ranked 3rd but I don't know how to handle this kind of success.

Watching the last 2 1st halves, I really wish it wasn't all Garza. These games are to use different combinations, looks, etc. By the 2nd half, the intensity is gone. Can't sit Garza, because he needs to get minutes. They could certainly put restrictions on him (you can't shoot unless...). It feels like UNC will be our 1st game, which is why they worry me. That and the fact that they have a much bigger salary cap than us. Sorry for the rant, but I coach JH basketball, so I know what I'm talking about. I know I'm I'm nitpicking about being a deep team that is ranked 3rd but I don't know how to handle this kind of success.
I just don’t get this at all. If it was affecting the chemistry of this team I would understand it, but his teammates get him the ball any chance they get. It’s almost like they feed off it. Garza is averaging 35 points a game off of 16.7 attempts a game. That is insanely efficient. I am not expecting him to remain at this pace, but the fact he is able to lead the country in scoring and pretty much take a half off is incredible.

The only worry I have about it is his conditioning for a full game but I haven’t seen anything to point to him being tired in the slightest.

I just looked at Sagarin and based on the ratings today Iowa would be a 5 point favorite on Tuesday in CHA. Iowa's rating is 90, rounded up, NC 88, rounded up. Sagarin gives a 3 point nod for home court but in this year of the Covid I don't know how much home court means. A one point win is all you need. IMO, the team other than Luka needs to play a lot better than they have for us to have a chance.

I was thinking last night that we are a better team with Joe T in there than JBo. I agree that it appears JBo is playing with a tranq dart! JBo's shooting has been non-existent and if he can't shoot he doesn't help the team. After surgery on both hips I don't know that he can guard anybody 1:1, he need to be in a team defense, zones but Joe T has such athelticism, can drive, shoot, defend, I like his game.

A real key will be who does Fran have on the court the last 5 minutes of the game? I'd have Luka, Nunge, Wiesy, CJ, and Joe T but I have a feeling CMac will be out there but for which one I couldn't say. Maybe you give thenod to JBo for all he's done as a Hawkeye and I'd be OK with that.

It is kind of like Iowa Backup Qbs not get game experience. But, it sure is fun to watch Garza break the scoreboard.

I just looked at Sagarin and based on the ratings today Iowa would be a 5 point favorite on Tuesday in CHA. Iowa's rating is 90, rounded up, NC 88, rounded up. Sagarin gives a 3 point nod for home court but in this year of the Covid I don't know how much home court means. A one point win is all you need. IMO, the team other than Luka needs to play a lot better than they have for us to have a chance.

I was thinking last night that we are a better team with Joe T in there than JBo. I agree that it appears JBo is playing with a tranq dart! JBo's shooting has been non-existent and if he can't shoot he doesn't help the team. After surgery on both hips I don't know that he can guard anybody 1:1, he need to be in a team defense, zones but Joe T has such athelticism, can drive, shoot, defend, I like his game.

A real key will be who does Fran have on the court the last 5 minutes of the game? I'd have Luka, Nunge, Wiesy, CJ, and Joe T but I have a feeling CMac will be out there but for which one I couldn't say. Maybe you give thenod to JBo for all he's done as a Hawkeye and I'd be OK with that.
On another thread I picked the exact same players but with CJ preferred on the offensive side of things and Cmac preferred on the defensive side of things. In the last minute of the game I would literally change them out depending on whether we have the ball or the opponent does.
I love JBo but the truth is that at this point he is likely slowest perimeter guard (on defense) that we have. On the other side of the ledger (offense) I like the three point daggers he can throw at a team. Actually CJ and Bo lack in the speed department with a slight advantage going to CJ plus CJ’s length and wingspan give him an advantage defensively.

I just don’t get this at all. If it was affecting the chemistry of this team I would understand it, but his teammates get him the ball any chance they get. It’s almost like they feed off it. Garza is averaging 35 points a game off of 16.7 attempts a game. That is insanely efficient. I am not expecting him to remain at this pace, but the fact he is able to lead the country in scoring and pretty much take a half off is incredible.

The only worry I have about it is his conditioning for a full game but I haven’t seen anything to point to him being tired in the slightest.
I'm looking ahead, not talking about chemistry. What I'm saying is that we won't play like this every game this year, so why not give/get other looks when he's not able to do anything he wants.

Up 20...I assume he’ll continue to get the freshmen some experience. It will be against a higher level team and good for them.

Yes, 2015 and 1989 that i know of. I lived in Chapel Hillin 1989 then and went to the game. I worked for the Village Companies in Chapel Hill whose president was Jim Heavner, the color guy for Tar heel sports radio. I called him a year before the game and he secured us 4 tickets at mid court. Next to the 1985 Iowa/Michigan football game this was the second best sporting event for me ever! Even though the TV back then was kind of grainy on youtubeI can still make us out sitting in like the second or third row. Four people dressed in full Hawkeye gear amid big tar heel boosters...

I had the same thoughts about it being the all Garza show, but putting up 51 points in the 2nd half of our last game with only 5 points coming from Garza puts my mind a little more at ease. The intensity may be a bit less, but it proves we still have a stable of scorers ready to complement Garza when he attracts more formidable double teams. Scratch where it itches and keep collecting Ws.