***Official Iowa Hangs 120 On The Upper Western Illinois State CC (Macomb Campus) Bulldogs Game Thread***

I've made the comment since Garza was a freshman. If he plays in the seventies and eighties, he's Billy Paultz. With a fifteen year career.

At the NBA level today he may stick with someone, but the best thing to say about his chances is that he will get an extra foul before he is disqualified.
aka The Whopper

Sorry, but Bohannon just keeps regressing. His feet are boat anchors. No fire at all.
He could be one of those guys who thrives on crowd reaction and silencing hostile road crowds.

He missed the summer of 2019, then most of the 2019-20 season, then had God knows what as far as how consistent he was able to work out this summer. He may take a while to round into form (read: rediscover his shooting stroke).

I think we’ve heard more about former Hawkeye players and coaches than the present team
True, but Mr. Davis and company consistently shown they could be an NCAA tourney team. Mr. Davis has an Elite 8 (actually has 2 Elite 8s when looking at his complete resume) and 2 Sweet 16s (and countless NCAA tourney appearances).

As good as this current team could be (and likely is) they still have to earn it on the court. That is why I think Mr. Davis should still be considered Iowa's last consistently good coach (it has been inconsistent sense then, before Tom certainly even greater things happened). Fran could certainly change that this year....but it is the only thing that worries me about this team.....he has not shown he can put it together for an entire year that as resulted in equally or surpassing Mr. Davis's greatest accomplishments (or Lute's, Miller's, etc).

Nunge is playing damn good!
Can't underestimate what he can bring if he can spell Garza 10-12 minutes a night and occasionally play alongside him.

We had NOBODY to give Garza a rest last year. With Pemsl in and out, Ryan Kriener was our only other option.

Latest posts