Let's talk about.....BEER!

ssckelley

fb0d318e44ba72dfd7e331df0c9b7a7c.png

Ahhhh....it doesn't get much better than a cold one of these. AMIRITE????

beer.jpg

Are you guys seeing Busch Light limited edition hunter cans where you live? I haven't seen any yet down here. Another casualty of The Germ?

Have any of you fellas ever had Busch Ice? It's really popular down here but I'm leery to buy it because it costs more than Busch Light or regular Busch and they don't sell it by the case.

Have any of you fellas ever had Busch Ice? It's really popular down here but I'm leery to buy it because it costs more than Busch Light or regular Busch and they don't sell it by the case.
That's weird, when I was in college Busch Ice was even cheaper than Natty Ice which is the bottom rung of the ice beer ladder.

We had ABV per dollar per ounce worked out to a science that would impress MIT's computational mathematics department.

You guys want me to find that thread and move it here, or do you want to continue on with this one?

Love my Amber's. Killian's, AmberBock, local fave Potosi Cave Ale. Willing to cross things up with Blue Moon Belgian White, especially when the Hawks are playing.

Favorite light beer would probably be Busch Light.

Are you guys seeing Busch Light limited edition hunter cans where you live? I haven't seen any yet down here. Another casualty of The Germ?

I haven't seen any yet (East Central Iowa), but still expect them to come out soon.

I've been enjoying quite the variety of brews lately. Busch Light is my go to, but there are cans of Goose Island, Blue Moon, Michelob Ultra, Bud Light, Labatt's Blue Light, and Molson in my garage fridge right now.

When I want something a little more different, I lean toward German brews like St Pauli Girl or Beck's.

I remember back in the day being on a tight budget and buying cases of Rhinelander bottles for like five or six bucks from Dirty John's. They had to be ice cold to drink and I was thankful they were in a very dark bottle. Pouring into a glass so you could see it was a mistake.

Just had the Founders KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge on Wednesday night. Tough one to come by, and pretty pricey, but I've never had it before so I splurged. It's really good if you like sweet barrel-aged stouts. Due to the sweetness, I don't think I could have more than a couple glasses, but it's really tasty.

Always a treat when you can cross the border into WI and come back with some New Glarus, most of the time Spotted Cow. However, I came home with some Fat Squirrel a few weeks ago and that stuff is REALLY good. It's a brown nut ale.

I'm also anxious for Yeungling to be sold nationwide soon!

I haven't seen any yet (East Central Iowa), but still expect them to come out soon.

I've been enjoying quite the variety of brews lately. Busch Light is my go to, but there are cans of Goose Island, Blue Moon, Michelob Ultra, Bud Light, Labatt's Blue Light, and Molson in my garage fridge right now.

When I want something a little more different, I lean toward German brews like St Pauli Girl or Beck's.

I remember back in the day being on a tight budget and buying cases of Rhinelander bottles for like five or six bucks from Dirty John's. They had to be ice cold to drink and I was thankful they were in a very dark bottle. Pouring into a glass so you could see it was a mistake.
Is your avatar the cover of the hit Hawkeye music album called "Hawkeye Fever?" We used to have that. That is old school.

Is your avatar the cover of the hit Hawkeye music album called "Hawkeye Fever?" We used to have that. That is old school.

It sure is. I just found it yesterday, but the link wouldn't let me play that song.

Tracklist​

A1Hawkeye Fever2:29
A2My Little Hawkeye2:09
A3Hawkeyes Winnin' Ways2:07
A4Who's Crying' This Year1:36
A5Iowa On My Mind2:33
B1Ode to Coach Olsen1:50
B2Ode to the Hawkeyes2:21
B3Oath of a Hawkeye2:08
B4Do Ya Want To Win1:51
B5The Hawkeye Defense3:00

Link? Who needs a damned link? I have a steel trap brain.

"Hawkeye Fever is spreadin' through the land,
You better get on the band wagon while you can,
Coaches and players are havin' lots of fun,
Hawkeyes something something fight for number 1."

My old man played the shit out of that back in the early 80's.