Bollers Announced His Final 6 - Iowa Is Not Included

Like I said...a bizarre final 6. Very little consistency among the choices.

If you're willing to go far from home, why would ISU even be in the discussion. If not...why is Cal there? If you want academics (NW & Cal) then why is 'Bama in the discussion. If you want to play for a winner...why are ISU and Nebraska in the discussion? Seems like he really doesn't know what he wants in a school outside of a defensive alignment that plays to his strength.

Maybe cause he loves storms that are always brewin'. and he wants to #PROVEIT and be a part of #THE PROCESS. All that gets you to 7-6 baby.

That's a bizarre final 6

This is exactly what I was going to post. Really weird. The range of schools from a Blue blood to average football teams and academics.

This is a case I feel living too close to Kinnick and having his dad go to Iowa hurt Iowa's chances of getting him. It just smells like he wants to spread his wings away from home and make his own mark, where his father didn't go. No problem with that, but that is what it looks like to me.

Last edited:
The diversity of choices makes sense to me; they all have different things to offer (except Nebraska). ISU and Wisky have proximity and fi. NW and Cal have academics. Alabama has prestige and perennial competition for national titles.

I don't think it is bizarre just because the different choices have different pros. He just hasn't figured out which factors matter most to him yet, which is perfectly normal.

The diversity of choices makes sense to me; they all have different things to offer (except Nebraska). ISU and Wisky have proximity and fi. NW and Cal have academics. Alabama has prestige and perennial competition for national titles.

I don't think it is bizarre just because the different choices have different pros. He just hasn't figured out which factors matter most to him yet, which is perfectly normal.

The prestige and allure of the black shirt in Lincoln.

That was kind of my point. How do you narrow down a list to 6 UNTIL you know what factors are most important. You figure out what you want...then narrow down your list based on the schools that seem to match. That list of 6 doesn't seem to have any theme.

Whatever. He'll decide where he wants to go...like every kid. But how that group of schools end up on the short list is a headscratcher. Bama and ISU ...nuff said.

Like I said...a bizarre final 6. Very little consistency among the choices.

If you're willing to go far from home, why would ISU even be in the discussion. If not...why is Cal there? If you want academics (NW & Cal) then why is 'Bama in the discussion. If you want to play for a winner...why are ISU and Nebraska in the discussion? Seems like he really doesn't know what he wants in a school outside of a defensive alignment that plays to his strength.
This is what happens when temperamental teenagers don't have proper guidance.

From the limited video, I get he's 240 pounds, he looked rather not fast for that level of play.

Whatever the circumstances, when a class's #1 recruit from Iowa doesn't have the Hawkeyes in his top 6, that's concerning.

Whatever the circumstances, when a class's #1 recruit from Iowa doesn't have the Hawkeyes in his top 6, that's concerning.
Disagree, scheme/fit/what Iowa’s looking for in player all play a much larger role than rankings.

Iowa will be fine and I’m sure TJ as well. If he didn’t want to play in 4-3 and sees himself as LB or better fit in a 3-4 so be it ranking be damned it wouldn’t work for either.

Seems like he likes the shine as well (I don’t blame him) but Iowa is the guy getting the $3 wash and vacuuming the seats themselves not the deluxe package

Love how Iowa’s recruited the last 4 years not the least bit upset about this one or Findone(I mean he technically plays in IA but grew up in NE and plays on the border of NE/IA Sonos he really an IA recruit?)

Which school do we hope he DOESN'T go to the most? I suspect Nebraska would win that in a poll here. I think Wisconsin would be the one I'd rather he not go to though. We need to get over that hump and I feel he'd help them a ton. ISU will still be ISU. He'd help Neb a lot too but they obviously have a long way to go I'm not sweating them yet.

Disagree, scheme/fit/what Iowa’s looking for in player all play a much larger role than rankings.

Iowa will be fine and I’m sure TJ as well. If he didn’t want to play in 4-3 and sees himself as LB or better fit in a 3-4 so be it ranking be damned it wouldn’t work for either.

Seems like he likes the shine as well (I don’t blame him) but Iowa is the guy getting the $3 wash and vacuuming the seats themselves not the deluxe package

Love how Iowa’s recruited the last 4 years not the least bit upset about this one or Findone(I mean he technically plays in IA but grew up in NE and plays on the border of NE/IA Sonos he really an IA recruit?)

Agree to disagree then.

Latest posts