Bollers Announced His Final 6 - Iowa Is Not Included

It is the scheme and academics (in some cases). If he lands somewhere that plays Iowa, hope his team wins all but against the Hawks!

It is the scheme and academics (in some cases). If he lands somewhere that plays Iowa, hope his team wins all but against the Hawks!

247 Sports had this quote: "Weak-side defensive end in a 4-3 or potentially an outside backer in a 3-4 are his projections.". If he's looking at DE, don't most of those team play 3-4 Defense? Or is he looking to be a LB?

Wisky and ISU seem to be his top 2 ... It's style of play and geography combined. He wants to be in a 3/4 D where he can attack the line of scrimmage standing up. Probably sees himself like that Simmons kid at Clemson. Making Bama, Northwestern and Cal head scratching finalsts. I don't want to even talk about Nebraska F them.

I can see Iowa not being a fit if he doesn't want to grow into a traditional DE. I think he'd succeed just fine in a 4/3 or 4/2/5 like Iowa kinda likes to tinker with. But that's up to him. Kinda wish he'd go to Cal so we'll never hear about him again but that isn't going to happen.

I think both ISU and Wisky have good defensive schemes and good coaches, he could excel in either locale. Don't really want to see him excel vs. the Hawks, but both of those are logical choices.

Cal would be a fun place to go to school, and at Bama he would be competing for National Championships every year. Hope he picks on of these.

One of those top 6 seems to be all sizzle and no steak.

I have a good friend who is a Husker fan, he said that the recruiting pitch was simple...Huskers have a new schedule, they plan Kansas 10 times each year for the next four years.

I can understand Cal and NW for academics and Wisconsin and Alabama for football, but ISU and the Gunhiders? Don't get it.

Like I said...a bizarre final 6. Very little consistency among the choices.

If you're willing to go far from home, why would ISU even be in the discussion. If not...why is Cal there? If you want academics (NW & Cal) then why is 'Bama in the discussion. If you want to play for a winner...why are ISU and Nebraska in the discussion? Seems like he really doesn't know what he wants in a school outside of a defensive alignment that plays to his strength.

Latest posts