Economic Impact of COVID19

HawkGold

Are any of you being impacted?

I work in the ag finance sector. Grain and livestock markets have fallen more than they were from the trade war. That has a direct impact on ag finance revenue.

About 30 percent of farmers were already on the bubble with some bankruptcies already. 30 percent are in good shape. The rest are something in between. We were in trouble anyway, but this pushes things over the edge. Technology is the underlying reason and now the foot hits the pavement.

Remember when we could put money in the bank and earn 5 percent or better? No money in the bank may actual lose dollars beyond inflation loss. The FED has kept the economy going by putting it on artificial life support prior to this, but the patient just took a turn for the worse.

My daughter working in day care has been asked to not come in.

Others?

Pls no political arguments.

Are those schools preparing for some type of distance learning?

Ours is. In IL the state law doesn't say they gave to attend online, but the school is requiring it. It makes sense but the local school often shoves back on state and fed requirements.

I am 74, so very concerned about this virus. The good news for me is that I am retired and in charge of my own activities. So, I can be careful, but there are no guarantees. The other good news for me is that I have a steady, consistent income. I cannot imagine how tough it will be for working people to get through this mess.
I am frustrated with the slow reactions by our federal government, even to the point where many were in denial about the severity of this virus. The pressure on our health care system at this point is beyond belief. We must work hard to build a vaccine funded by the feds with in kind from our states. And, pharma should not be allowed to make one thin dime of profit. Our taxes will have already paid the bill. Better be free to everyone.

I was talking to a friend of mine on Sunday about this virus. He's a good guy, but one of his first concerns was him worried about his health club closing and not being able to get work out's in. I said you could always go for a nice job outside, it's spring time now.

I am 74, so very concerned about this virus. The good news for me is that I am retired and in charge of my own activities. So, I can be careful, but there are no guarantees. The other good news for me is that I have a steady, consistent income. I cannot imagine how tough it will be for working people to get through this mess.
I am frustrated with the slow reactions by our federal government, even to the point where many were in denial about the severity of this virus. The pressure on our health care system at this point is beyond belief. We must work hard to build a vaccine funded by the feds with in kind from our states. And, pharma should not be allowed to make one thin dime of profit. Our taxes will have already paid the bill. Better be free to everyone.

Huck, what is your opinion on self quarantine for just the high risk? My opinion is, if we can get this virus through the low risk quickly, it will be way better for the high risk and the economy. This could be over in a month or two instead of perhaps a year.

I was talking to a friend of mine on Sunday about this virus. He's a good guy, but one of his first concerns was him worried about his health club closing and not being able to get work out's in. I said you could always go for a nice job outside, it's spring time now.

I'm doing more push ups. Might carry my daughter on my back to get a leg work out in.

I'm very lucky, my employer mandated work from home. I home office anyway, the only difference is that I can't go out to see clients. I work in the auto industry and it is going to be tough. We are a long way away from the worst of it, for sure.
As for workouts, I have a workout room in my basement so I won't miss a beat.

Huck, what is your opinion on self quarantine for just the high risk? My opinion is, if we can get this virus through the low risk quickly, it will be way better for the high risk and the economy. This could be over in a month or two instead of perhaps a year.
With a brief time for preparations, I think it would be worth a try. I am doing that at about a 95% level now. No movies, library, restaurants, cancelled trip to Florida, no visits from family or friends. Brief, careful visits to get a few groceries. And, vodka.

Teacher on spring break right now. Next week, we are doing Zoom sessions for a half hour per class every day. The teachers also have to put in extra time so we don't have to work in July. Even though we're on spring break, I'm still working in the school every day so I'm ready for next week.