Foster should have waited.

Foster could still be a Hawkeye if he really wanted to be. It would be painful but he could do it.

But he made his choice. Same with Carton.

Go Hawks

The letter Pollard sent out in early January to the ISU fan base (after various defeats on the athletic front In December)) is beginning to take shape as the Pollard Curse as January has only seen the trend continue.

The clowns looked completely unprepared on the offensive end to play a basketball game yesterday . If Texas Tech didn't suck on offense too they would have won by 40 . Next year we catch them at Carver . Foster will see firsthand that he picked a shitbox program on the decline

Only if Luka comes back! :(

Do I wish he woulda picked Iowa? Absolutely! He woulda been a key replacement for Kriener and even more so seeing Garza go POY candidate, which opens the prospect for him to leave. If Luka goes pro, Iowa is gonna suck, with absolutely nobody with the skills, experience, confidence or toughness to play the 5.

I'm no ISU apologist - but I'm also not a hater just because I'm a Hawkeye and they're ISU.
They're down but, let's face it - they've got a hell of lot better recent history than Iowa and a lot more national respect than Iowa. He made what he thought was the best decision for him. He may just see the opportunity to be the missing component that gets them back to where they're used to being.

The letter Pollard sent out in early January to the ISU fan base (after various defeats on the athletic front In December)) is beginning to take shape as the Pollard Curse as January has only seen the trend continue.

Did he ask them to rank, Win, Graduate and Do it right?

He may be arriving with a coach on the hot seat, especially if ISU doesn't have it's patented conference tournament run.

If I respect one thing about ISU, it's that tournament. Especially since we haven't done squat in ours since Alford was here and that's going on a generation ago.

Hey, that coach and program is a direct path to the NBA.

Foster could still be a Hawkeye if he really wanted to be.
No fucking way.

Anyone who...

1) Would take the clowns over the Hawkeyes in the first place (showing his true colors), and,

2) Is weak-spined enough to flip once his committed team hits a rough patch

...is not someone I want on any Iowa team. Foster shit in his bed, now he has to lie in it. I get that he’s a kid and I don’t hope anything bad for him, but he’s just another dork clown player now. Same as all the other clown dorks.

Last edited:
No fucking way.

Anyone who...

1) Would take the clowns over the Hawkeyes in the first place (showing his true colors), and,

2) Is weak-spined enough to flip once his committed team hits a rough patch

...is not someone I want on any Iowa team. Foster shit in his bed, now he has to lie in it. I get that he’s a kid and I don’t hope anything bad for him, but he’s just another dork clown player now. Same as all the other clown dorks.
Half of me says hell yea. The other half says Adam Haluska.

Half of me says hell yea. The other half says Adam Haluska.
I was so close to responding to him something similar but you beat me to it. I for one was tickled pink Haluska became a Hawk. He fit in with Bruner and Horner really well. Those two guys were why he came as much as anything I think.

If Foster were to pull the rug on ISU and come to Iowa at any point just about I think we'd laugh our asses off at them and be happy. I'm pretty sure I would be anyway.

Who is this "Foster?" I seem to remember something from a few months past, but my memory must be cloudy.........

Hmmmmm...........checked Depauls roster, coudn't find a "Foster" ;)

About the only Foster I care about is that big oil can that comes from Australia!

If you want to do even more of a hindsight thing imagine DJ Carton on this current Iowa squad. With our shooters and Garza, Carton would be able to do whatever he really wants off the dribble.

At OSU he’s coming off the bench and they have some other volume shooters. If he’s only a one or two year guy, I gotta wonder if he wouldn’t have been better off in Iowa’s uptempo high powered offensive system. I think we’d be a legitimate top 10 team with Carton right now.
But...he’s not...so there’s that. Difference in this year’s team is that we finally have a true point and the offense goes through garza like it should have all along. Roles are abound and while it isn’t a deep team, they understand who they are, what strengths and weaknesses are, play according to roles and have been fairly steady. The biggest question will be the second half b10 slide that usually happens to Red face’s teams. Past teams shut him off at some point in the season. Simply get tired of playing for him. We’ll see if his style has that same effect down the backstretch this year.

Latest posts