Drones Over Colorado/Nebraska

Have you gone from Mike’s Hard Lemonade to meth?

Because lately your posts just scream “smokin’ a foily.”

You have never seen weird things?
For one thing the area in question here has major air Force bases not far away in several directions. I saw them dropping flares one night in maneuvers. If you have never seen that before it will trip you out, especially if you see it from a distance. When we were kids you always heard them flying around breaking the sound barrier. Our military is so much more advanced than anyone can imagine. Again, to me it makes no difference, what or who it is. What am I going to do about it??? So I just go with "I hope they like me".

i suppose it could have been illegal organizations...but dunno what the benefit would be out in the middle of nowhere. i mean eastern CO / western NE has zero going for it, unless there some sort of new major drug route that leads right through ogallala.
These drones have to avoid the windmill farms out there. They've been seen amongst those farms and none have collided yet. This operation is something serious with a lot of money behind it.

i suppose it could have been illegal organizations...but dunno what the benefit would be out in the middle of nowhere. i mean eastern CO / western NE has zero going for it, unless there some sort of new major drug route that leads right through ogallala.

i used to travel the panhandle of Nebraska and Eastern Colorado for work, frequently. There are rumors all the time of drug running in that region. I never felt like I saw anything that seemed that suspicious to me. You can take backroads north from Scottsbluff and hardly see a car for 60-75 miles.

LoL

81748416_10213472334401993_6210589711505817600_o.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/groups/50149...091381&anchor_composer=false&ref=group_header

They all became sentient last week. Now they're wandering aimlessly around in groups completely disoriented going Whoa! What just happened?

Recent Nebby QBs have been known to throw some pretty wild and unexplainable "UFOs" to their opponents. My guess is these are probably originating in Lincoln.

IdK if y'all have seen this in the news lately, but large unidentified drones have been flying around NE Colorado and into Nebraska since before Christmas. A buddy and I decided to go drone hunting last night.

We found some basically in the middle of nowhere. They would hover around and then eventually turned off their lights. We knew they weren't planes since they changed directions abruptly several times. No strobing/flashing lights either. Just one solid light. Just when they were getting close to us, they would change directions and fly away from us.

We figure they had some type of infrared sensor since we were maneuvering without any lights on. It was that or them avoiding us was just a coincidence (probably the case).

This is the approximate location of where the drones were. Several others were and are sighted at other locations every night though.
39.982152, -103.760352

Oh, and we both had missing time, but our butts didn't hurt.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but I’m wondering why you felt the need to post about this on an Iowa sports message board?

First I know nothing about the drone phenomenon in Colorado and Nebraska. I do know a military drone pilot. The drones being used for actual defense operations are physically located outside the U.S., but the air force drone pilots are station at Bases in the U.S. The drones described are not as large as the ones the air force uses for training drone pilots. The sighted drones could be operated by other branches of the military or by military contractors. Typically a military drone is used for reconnaissance or equipped with ordinance. My guess is that a military contractor is testing experimental drones.

I fly drones as a part of my job. That should show up on radar with ID. Surely someone has checked one of the websites that have the craft ID.

My small drone can pick up planes for several miles. Mine would show on warnings for other craft. The propulsion system is interesting. A guy from my small east Iowa town went on the be a rocket scientist with NASA. He added salt in home ec when sugar was called for. He also lit a fart once. The propulsion system reminds me of that fart. The fart was blue on ignition.

I care enough about this to check at the thread and be curious about the links. I just don't quite care enough to click on the links. If anyone wants to give quick recaps of the links that would be awesome.

I care enough about this to check at the thread and be curious about the links. I just don't quite care enough to click on the links. If anyone wants to give quick recaps of the links that would be awesome.

UFO's....for reals!!!

Thought I saw on news they speculate that they work for oil lines and they may be mapping out where to lay new lines down. I thought I'd heard that it's illegal to shoot them down too. Is that true? I would think if they are flying over your property it's game on.

Thought I saw on news they speculate that they work for oil lines and they may be mapping out where to lay new lines down. I thought I'd heard that it's illegal to shoot them down too. Is that true? I would think if they are flying over your property it's game on.

The FAA has exclusive authority over navigable air space. It varies by location, but it is basically like 500 feet in cities and 350-ish feet above structures in rural areas.

Latest posts