BOO HOO OHIO

Mistakes happen by the officials, but when horrible calls are made/reversed after the replay officials rule? - that just gives life to conspiracies driven by advertising money and which teams drive the highest TV ratings.

It WAS a fumble and OSU should have been given the TD. That call was a total game changer.

(...and Epstein didn't killhimself)

Wouldn't OSU have to be a bigger TV draw than Clemson? I think OSU has one of the most massive and rabid alumni bases in the nation, and it creates more interest outside of the south.

Being jealous of a successful team in your own conference is just stupid. If Iowa is the third placed team in a West division in a conference with two divisions and everyone gets beat in their bowl games then what that say about the teams in that conference? When the conference looks strong then then it’s good for Iowa and over all recruiting. This isn’t rocket science.

I get the animosity toward the suckeyes but it helps the overall image of the conference when you have a national champ.

Living in SEC territory, I was definitely rooting for OSU to make it and beat LSU. These SEC fans are already insufferable, and this just makes it even worse!

OSU got hosed HARD by the refs, and in that big of a game that is an embarrassment to the NCAA. The targeting rule needs FIXED ASAP, you can not continue to punish the defense for the offense CAUSING helmet to helmet hits and that is exactly what the Clemson QB did last night....just utter embarrassment of a screw job by the Refs, i hate osu but they are a big team and was hoping they would win it all but they had to take on Clemson and the refs last night and lost because of a screw job!
Slightly different take. When the football officials go to the sideline for review, they are not watching video like in basketball. They are in communication with offsite 'experts' who make the call. In the targeting and fumble reviews the officials on the field did not call targeting and did not call incomplete pass. Their calls were reversed by the offsite 'experts.' BTW, the offsite 'experts' were in Birmingham (not England but Alabama).

Roughing the passer calls are increasingly outlandish. The QB's don't have red vests on like in practice. Lattimore got jobbed in the Holiday Bowl. Here is a 295 pound DL moving like a freight train having not touched the QB when the pass was released but was breathing on him. And, he is supposed to avoid contact! And Lattimore did not hit him in the neck or head with shoulder or helmet. These calls are in the name of safety. The game of football is inherently unsafe the second the whistle blows to start play. Maybe the rule should be if a defensive player touches the QB, the play is dead and marked at that spot. Maybe this would generate pressure to back off these absurd calls.

Living in SEC territory, I was definitely rooting for OSU to make it and beat LSU. These SEC fans are already insufferable, and this just makes it even worse!

I lived in Georgia for 17 years so you know I understand. Makes it worse that my three brother in laws are LSU fans. One quipped at me “What has Iowa ever done in football.”

So I was hoping OSU would go on and then beat LSU.

Why the fu*k wouldn't you want every Big 10 team to win their bowl? I don't get it. Glad ISU was destroyed, glad OU was destroyed. Wished OSU would have won, the better the B1G does the higher Iowa goes in the rankings, those glad OSU lost are fucking morons.

I lived in Georgia for 17 years so you know I understand. Makes it worse that my three brother in laws are LSU fans. One quipped at me “What has Iowa ever done in football.”

So I was hoping OSU would go on and then beat LSU.
Show your three brothers in law the ending of the 2005 Capitol One bowl and that should shut them up pretty quick.

I was pulling for OSU. It was an awesome, intense and electric game. Very physical, guys getting hurt all over the place. That loss had to hurt bad for OSU fans.

Roughing the passer calls are increasingly outlandish. The QB's don't have red vests on like in practice. Lattimore got jobbed in the Holiday Bowl. Here is a 295 pound DL moving like a freight train having not touched the QB when the pass was released but was breathing on him. And, he is supposed to avoid contact! And Lattimore did not hit him in the neck or head with shoulder or helmet. These calls are in the name of safety. The game of football is inherently unsafe the second the whistle blows to start play. Maybe the rule should be if a defensive player touches the QB, the play is dead and marked at that spot. Maybe this would generate pressure to back off these absurd calls.
Trevor Lawrence is already getting the Tom Brady treatment from the officials, and he hasn't even set foot in the NFL yet. I have no real reason to dislike him but don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about him either. He always has that Ferris Bueller look about him, like he knows he got away with another one and that special things are supposed to happen to him because of who he is and it worked out in the nick of time...again. Always has that "aw, shucks" look about him, like he doesn't think he's worthy of what he receives when you know deep down he expects every bit of entitlement he gets. Kind of a female Taylor Swift in a way.

have you ever dealt with Ohio St fans?

Yes, lived in Columbus for 10 years. Also lived in Omaha for 10 yrs as well. Basically fans are fans and fan bases have their good, bad, and ugly representatives.

A win yesterday would have been good for the BIG but it was not to be.

OSU got hosed HARD by the refs, and in that big of a game that is an embarrassment to the NCAA. The targeting rule needs FIXED ASAP, you can not continue to punish the defense for the offense CAUSING helmet to helmet hits and that is exactly what the Clemson QB did last night....just utter embarrassment of a screw job by the Refs, i hate osu but they are a big team and was hoping they would win it all but they had to take on Clemson and the refs last night and lost because of a screw job!

So, are you blaming the refs for the helmet to helmet call to which you referenced?

I feel bad more for the conference than the university.

No national championship for B1G
First loss of the bowl season.

We are off to another good start in bowls at 3-1. But 4-0 would have looked better. I would love to know how we stack up against other conferences in bowls since 2017 through the present.
BIG has kicked ass recently. A couple years ago, BIG was 7-1 with Michigan pissing away a big lead to be the only loser.

So, are you blaming the refs for the helmet to helmet call to which you referenced?

I think a lot of fans arent blaming the refs on some of these targeting calls but when a tackler comes in with good form, their helmet is at the height of the waist or mid-section, then the ball carrier or in this case the qb moves their head down to get ready for impact then targeting needs to be taken off the table.

the real targeting is when a player launches themselves in the air higher to hit the head and neck area. There was an absolutely terrible targeting move by the OU dback against LSU and that was correctly called.

BIG has kicked ass recently. A couple years ago, BIG was 7-1 with Michigan pissing away a big lead to be the only loser.

B1G was 7-1 a few years ago in large part because the SEC sent two representatives to the playoff and the B1G sent 0. It helps a lot when you get slated up a little bit.