BOO HOO OHIO

Being jealous of a successful team in your own conference is just stupid. If Iowa is the third placed team in a West division in a conference with two divisions and everyone gets beat in their bowl games then what that say about the teams in that conference? When the conference looks strong then then it’s good for Iowa and over all recruiting. This isn’t rocket science.

I get the animosity toward the suckeyes but it helps the overall image of the conference when you have a national champ.

I get the animosity toward the suckeyes but it helps the overall image of the conference when you have a national champ.

I was rooting for the Buckeyes, I root for all Big Ten teams except for Pedo State and Nebraska. But only because I’m more familiar with them and when they win a part of me thinks it makes Iowa look better.

But what does this conference image really get us? It’s not going to affect recruiting much as I can’t see southern athletes suddenly turning down LSU/Alabama/Clemson and start coming to the Big Ten. ESPN will never stop stroking the $EC. So what does it really do?

At the end of the day I think it’s just bragging rights and Iowa took care of their own bragging rights by winning their bowl game.

OSU got hosed HARD by the refs, and in that big of a game that is an embarrassment to the NCAA. The targeting rule needs FIXED ASAP, you can not continue to punish the defense for the offense CAUSING helmet to helmet hits and that is exactly what the Clemson QB did last night....just utter embarrassment of a screw job by the Refs, i hate osu but they are a big team and was hoping they would win it all but they had to take on Clemson and the refs last night and lost because of a screw job!

Guess I am in the minority here , because of being a B10 school n part of the family , I was hoping for them to win it al and convincingly in the process

Probably a little 2 faced here , no way I could root for nebby to do good at anything , even being B10 member

Ohio St could be a bottom feeder for a few years and I would be fine with that. Not happening but they are one of the most arrogant programs out there. But they do earn it on the field...and likely from the help of their rich donors pockets.

Last edited:
Mistakes happen by the officials, but when horrible calls are made/reversed after the replay officials rule? - that just gives life to conspiracies driven by advertising money and which teams drive the highest TV ratings.

It WAS a fumble and OSU should have been given the TD. That call was a total game changer.

(...and Epstein didn't killhimself)

I feel bad more for the conference than the university.

No national championship for B1G
First loss of the bowl season.

We are off to another good start in bowls at 3-1. But 4-0 would have looked better. I would love to know how we stack up against other conferences in bowls since 2017 through the present.

Ohio State is better than Clemson. Didn’t finish drives, 2 huge drops by Dobbins that probably would’ve ended the game in the 1st half, roughing the punter penalty. Ohio State got what they deserved

Last edited:

Latest posts