Wait...so could we end up playing Bama in the Citrus now

SpiderRico

We’re at #16, which is the 2nd highest B1G outside of top 12, just behind Michigan. But Michigan can’t go to the Citrus based on rules. So if OSU goes to CFP, Wisky goes to Rose, and PSU goes to Orange...which is how it would fall out as of now....I think that puts us in the Citrus against Bama.

I actually like the idea to see how good our defense is. The problem is their speed, which we haven't seen yet, and our offense.

We’re at #16, which is the 2nd highest B1G outside of top 12, just behind Michigan. But Michigan can’t go to the Citrus based on rules. So if OSU goes to CFP, Wisky goes to Rose, and PSU goes to Orange...which is how it would fall out as of now....I think that puts us in the Citrus against Bama.

PSU would have to go to the Cotton or Sugar for any B1G team to go to the Citrus. Other than that I think it shakes out this way.

Uh no thanks. We'd have to hope a lot of Bama players sit out and the rest don't even care to be there.

Would certainly be fun to beat them though

I’m all for getting tested. We’ve bitched and moaned as a fan base that we don’t get the top teams in OOC games like Wisky has. Well, here’s our chance.
That's it. Put up or shut up time for the fans who want a stronger schedule. Even a 'bama without Tua and possibly several others who may sit out the bowl to work towards the combine would be a monumental challenge to say the least. Pay up boys!

It could end up like the Iowa-LSU Cap One game. Alabama plays like it doesn't want to be there or doesn't respect Iowa at all. Iowa comes out strong, punches Bama in the kisser. Alabama wakes up and it's a mad scramble at the end.

That's it. Put up or shut up time for the fans who want a stronger schedule. Even a 'bama without Tua and possibly several others who may sit out the bowl to work towards the combine would be a monumental challenge to say the least. Pay up boys!
...and if we have 2 tackles, a DE and a safety sit out the bowl game? :eek:

...and if we have 2 tackles, a DE and a safety sit out the bowl game? :eek:

I don't think that is going to happen. Aj, geno and Tristan have way too much pride. I admittedly don't know a lot about Jackson, but I would think he would want to play if he is thinking about coming out because he doesn't exactly have a lot of great tape from elite teams to show. Just my opinion.

If PSU goes to the Orange then you’re probably looking at Bama vs Virginia Tech In Citrus
VTech isn’t even in the CFP top 25. I can’t remember the last time the citrus didn’t have two ranked teams. Now, I could see them take ND if they decide to go ACC instead of B1G

VTech isn’t even in the CFP top 25. I can’t remember the last time the citrus didn’t have two ranked teams. Now, I could see them take ND if they decide to go ACC instead of B1G

That is why Penn st isn't going to the Orange. The ACC is so unbalanced this year and it's already bad enough to put a 9-4 unranked team in a NY6 bowl and not having an undefeated non P5 team that can be a storyline like UCF has been. The CFP is about defining a champ. Everything else is driven by money including the NY6.